• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnPoint

t0mp said:
he does. he's been pretty solid, minus the first game. let alone he's our captain so it's kind of a big deal.

Jagr gets another one tonight, and my man B. Schenn gets on the board also.

@sabres gaf: looks like leino is getting moved back to the wing on Roy and Stafford's line. that line sounds ridiculous.

We'll see if it works. I haven't hated his game so far, but I haven't been super impressed either.

Manics

Banned
Red_Man said:
You've said this the last 2-3 games, I'm starting to think you're purposely jinxing us now. Patches is not human, but I'd rather him wait this game out then risk re-injuring it if its not 100% then go out get fucked up and lose the game anyways. I have a feeling Simmonds is going to be a giant pain in the ass on the PK too and we don't have much to clear him out...

No man, I predicted a win last game only against Florida, you would have won if not for the heroics of the goalie. Trust me on this!

Razorskin

----- ------
DopeyFish said:
Montreal just fired....

Their assistant coach perry pearn

yes, that is exactly the root of our problems...

nJLWD.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He was responsible for our PP and D-man minutes / combo, which both have been a problem. Time for the dominoes to fall.

Cactus

Banned
Some Twitter reaction to the firing:

ian_mendes Ian Mendes by SNJeffMarekPerry Pearn has been an assistant coach for 15 seasons in the NHL and his teams have never missed the playoffs

wyshynski Greg Wyshynski So pretty much the Habs told a Sous chef to get out of the kitchen 90 minutes before dinner service. #GordonRamsayWouldApprove

Proteautype Adam Proteau by DerekHarmsworthPerry Pearn out as MTL assistant coach. If their losing skid continues, expect the Canadiens' intern trainer to fall on his sword

Solo

If Molson is REALLY serious about changing the culture in Montreal, the 3 people he needs to cut ties with are Martin, Gauthier and Gainey. So long as any of those 3 are around, things aren't going to change much.

Manics

Banned
Solo said:
its not the big fish, but its progress! Pearn runs the defense, which has been terrible. Next up, Jacques!
Yup, it's actually good they're addressing the problems directly. D has been bad so far and it was directly his fault. Team will probably get a boost tonight from this. Manics prediction right on schedule.

Red_Man

@jamescybulski
James Cybulski
Gauthier, Martin, Cunneyworth, and Pearn all worked together in Ottawa 15 years ago...could the dismissal have come from even higher?

Whatever happens this week, its going to be a very interesting week.

Solo

What a bizarre fucking night. Fire the assistant coach 90 minutes before the game, and now theres a press conference in 10 minutes, which is a mere 30 minutes before the game.

EDIT: Red Man, I'd LOVE it if it was Molson starting to lay down the law.

Solo

Honestly though, if they were going to fire a single Assistant Coach, I would have targeted Cunneyworth first since he is responsible for our horrendous special teams.

Bring Muller in as head coach. Maybe he'd bring Gilmour with him!

Manics said:
Yup, it's actually good they're addressing the problems directly. D has been bad so far and it was directly his fault. Team will probably get a boost tonight from this. Manics prediction right on schedule.
It sure was! He signed Markov to a questionable contract and assumed he was 100% healthy. He also let Wiz and Hamrlik walk. He then threw a couple of NHL green rookies like Diaz and Yemelin on a blue-line with a sophomore d-man.

Good riddance!

Red_Man

I'm starting to think it is, like I said this is the first domino being toppled and if they get only one win or less this week, house is going to be cleaned. Also Perry Pearn is trending on twitter in all of Canada :lol love hab fans <3

Red_Man

KernelPanic said:
What a bizarre move.

Who's next ? The equipment manager ?
While I do believe this is a scapegoat, the guy was responsible for our D and PP, so it's not like he's been doing his job very well. Still shouldn't have happened over JM & PG but if this is a warning shot of whats to come, then leeeeetttsss gooooo.

Slurmer

Banned
3-2 Flyers win with a strong game from Bryz. At least one of the goals against will be due to the Lilja/Walker pairing...pretty worried about that

Manics

Banned
Epic Tales of Penis said:
Great. Now the press conference is going to "distract" the boys from another sure win.
This will light a fire under the team just watch. Players never like it when a coach gets the axe. They know they've let him down and will respond accordingly. I love the drama tonight!
Can't wait to watch this game, should have bought some fuckin cheesies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom