• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RC

Banned
Tabris said:
Canucks seem to play more confident with Schneider in the net. I have been nothing but impressed by his play and I really wish the Canucks management would at least give him a shot as a 50/50 starter. Then ride whoever's hot at the time. Let Luongo compete.

And create a goalie controversy? Just what this city needs.

Tabris

Desibabu said:
And create a goalie controversy? Just what this city needs.

A goalie controversy sounds fantastic. Corey Schneider brings a consistency element that I think the Canucks need. Our offense is explosive but can be shut down or subdued at times, but with a goaltender like Schneider the Canucks are always in the game which I think is more important for the playoffs than a goalie that can provide absolutely amazing games than turn around and let in 8 goals going from the best playoff goalie to the worst back to the best. How can your offense have confidence to run and gun when they don't know what they'll get back there.

Corey Schneider will never be as good as Roberto Luongo can be and often is, Luongo is the best goaltender in the game now, but his confidence issues that leads to his consistency problems I don't think can be fixed without taking a different approach. Goalie controversy and at the very worst you get a consistent Schneider taking you into the playoffs letting in 2-3 goals a game.

Fei

apocalidiot said:
I can't decide what's prettier - Kane's spin-o-rama pass or Patrick Sharp

Come on man.

eye-candy-patrick-sharp-11.jpg

I can only hope my daughter will bring home a guy like that some day.

*cue up the Price sister pic..*

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Tabris said:
Corey Schneider will never be as good as Roberto Luongo can be and often is, Luongo is the best goaltender in the game now
I shouldn't be responding to this but are you really that stupid? I'm not even talking about Price. Thomas, Miller, Lunqvist, and Rinne would all have a thing or 2 to say about that.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Yeah, this season is off to rocking good start. The Habs are shitting the bed out east, the Canucks seem dazed and confused here in the west. I have my Leaf manic of a brother in an unprecedented happy mood, and so are my friends here in Edmonton. FUCK!

Dastardly Jerks said:
Where did all these Stars fans come from?

Welcome. Welcome. On a scale of 1 to Habs, how disappointed were you guys at the final game of last regular season vs Wild?

lolz.. I've been here for 2-3 seasons. (I actually think I've been here longer than you!)

Feed Luongo cocaine, 1970s Flyers style. His confidence will be fine then.

TurtleSnatcher said:
lolz.. I've been here for 2-3 seasons. (I actually think I've been here longer than you!)

Yeah you, barrage and Rafa are familiar and definitely a few years ahead of me. But maybe I just haven't noticed anyone else. Or maybe it's been that long since 3 Stars fans have posted in a row. I'm gonna put it down to that.

(HI GUYS!)

snack

SpectreFire said:
So considering its a back to back, Schneider's starting tomorrow right? What happens next? Does AV ride the hot goalie or put Luongo in and pray October doesn't seem into November?

EDIT:

I think someone uncovered why the Habs keep losing.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...tm_source=Globe on Hockey&utm_content=2213120
I'd ride the hot goalie. Schnieder's proven he can be a starter in the NHL. Luongo won't be happy about it, but it'll drive himself to be better and hone his game.

Tabris said:
A goalie controversy sounds fantastic. Corey Schneider brings a consistency element that I think the Canucks need. Our offense is explosive but can be shut down or subdued at times, but with a goaltender like Schneider the Canucks are always in the game which I think is more important for the playoffs than a goalie that can provide absolutely amazing games than turn around and let in 8 goals going from the best playoff goalie to the worst back to the best. How can your offense have confidence to run and gun when they don't know what they'll get back there.

Corey Schneider will never be as good as Roberto Luongo can be and often is, Luongo is the best goaltender in the game now, but his confidence issues that leads to his consistency problems I don't think can be fixed without taking a different approach. Goalie controversy and at the very worst you get a consistent Schneider taking you into the playoffs letting in 2-3 goals a game.
:lol :lol :lol

MPW

Epic Tales of Penis said:
It could be argued that the Habs are the worst team in hockey. Their lone win came against the Jets. At least Columbus actually beat a good team.

Sorry Solo. :(

all according to plan

dat #1 draft pick

Dastardly Jerks said:
Where did all these Stars fans come from?

Welcome. Welcome. On a scale of 1 to Habs, how disappointed were you guys at the final game of last regular season vs Wild?

Been a fan, but I am much bigger on the Rangers side. You'll see I post frequently in MLB age. I admit I don't know the team as well as during the "golden years", but from what I have watched so far, I like what I am seeing. Plan to go to a few games this year for sure.

As for the Wild game, I watched it at a bar. It was incredibly disappointing, but not unforeseen as we were playing our tails off at the end of the season. We just didn't have any energy left.

epik

Solo said:
You act as if Pronger makes a difference.

I know right -- It didn't help the Leafs ... certainly won't help the habs.

Listening to the radio all morning -- Leaf Nation not excited about Connolly coming back, they think he's going to ruin Kessel's game!

I want to see him play.. if he's a dud, he's a dud ... but we gotta give him a chance .. I mean he's not the greatest player, I really don't think he's that good at all ... however, Conolly > Bozak

dankir

Yeah we need a big win tonight, Philly is going to be tough though. I can't believe we're 1 point away from being the worst team in the league.

COME ON HABS!?@?!

Montresor

A huge problem with the Leafs right now is the play of Schenn and Komisarek.

Schenn's bad play has been almost unbelievable, after playing so well the year before. Komisarek's play is expected, but still a disappointment. It's a shame because I thought he was playing decently in the first few games of the season, but the Komisarek of old slowly crept in - undisciplined penalties and slow skating and bad defense.

It kills me to see how slow both Schenn and Komisarek were on Jagr's first breakaway goal on Monday. It was pitiful.

Dastardly Jerks said:
Feed Luongo cocaine, 1970s Flyers style. His confidence will be fine then.

Yeah you, barrage and Rafa are familiar and definitely a few years ahead of me. But maybe I just haven't noticed anyone else. Or maybe it's been that long since 3 Stars fans have posted in a row. I'm gonna put it down to that.

(HI GUYS!)
This is why NHL is the best sports GAF, more welcoming than any other and eager to help new fans. A place where Canadians, Americans and Australians can enjoy hockey together. :)

Manics

Banned
Montresor said:

Schenn's bad play has been almost unbelievable, after playing so well the year before. Komisarek's play is expected, but still a disappointment. It's a shame because I thought he was playing decently in the first few games of the season, but the Komisarek of old slowly crept in - undisciplined penalties and slow skating and bad defense.

It kills me to see how slow both Schenn and Komisarek were on Jagr's first breakaway goal on Monday. It was pitiful.

Schenn and Komisarek should never be paired together. You never pair 2 slow guys, Schenn should be with someone quicker, Gardiner, Liles or Gunnarson.

Marvie_3

Banned
Montresor said:

I've noticed that too. He's been terrible everytime I've checked out a Leafs game this year.

Montresor said:

I was surprised by how poor the Leafs D played as a group against the Flyers the other night. They gave up so many chances in front of their net, plus a bunch of odd man rushes.

t0mp

Solo said:
You act as if Pronger makes a difference.
he does. he's been pretty solid, minus the first game. let alone he's our captain so it's kind of a big deal.

Jagr gets another one tonight, and my man B. Schenn gets on the board also.

@sabres gaf: looks like leino is getting moved back to the wing on Roy and Stafford's line. that line sounds ridiculous.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Bob McKenzie says Pens management is targeting Nov. 11th as the day Crosby returns, assuming there are no setbacks.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Manics said:
Ok Habs fans here is Manics gift to you :

Habs will win tonight.

Book that shit.™
You've said this the last 2-3 games, I'm starting to think you're purposely jinxing us now. Patches is not human, but I'd rather him wait this game out then risk re-injuring it if its not 100% then go out get fucked up and lose the game anyways. I have a feeling Simmonds is going to be a giant pain in the ass on the PK too and we don't have much to clear him out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom