• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabris

Very fun game. Looks like it's going to be the same as last year. Sedins dominating and hoping Luongo doesn't have a bad game.

Also I think Luongo is the worst shootout goalie of the big guys.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Malkin schooling Luongo.

Great game to start the season. Two really good teams just going at it, it was very entertaining.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Wow, Luongo got absolutely owned there.

I don't suppose there are any other Panthers fans hanging around here?

Alucard

Banned
Daniel Sedin first star? LOL.

'Nite, folks. Keep 'er going on Saturday, Pens. I'm getting married that night, and another W would make things even sweeter.

Marvie_3

Banned
snack said:
Y'all diggin' my new avatar? :)

Skinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
It's not as good as the one I made for you 2 years ago.

Alucard said:

'Nite, folks. Keep 'er going on Saturday, Pens. I'm getting married that night, and another W would make things even sweeter.
You finally got the courage to propose to your Crosby blow up doll?

Tabris said:
Very fun game. Looks like it's going to be the same as last year. Sedins dominating and hoping Luongo doesn't have a bad game.

Also I think Luongo is the worst shootout goalie of the big guys.
Loungo is Vancouver's version of Boudreau.

snack

Not too surprising. Pittsburgh is the best shootout team in the league (18-5 over the past 2 seasons) while Vancouver is one of the poorer ones.

Marvie_3 said:
It's not as good as the one I made for you 2 years ago.

I forget. What was the avatar?

3N16MA

Banned
Yankees season ends tonight with a loss and the Penguins season begins with a win. At least this makes me feel a bit better.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm not a fan of Fleury at all, but damn if he's not one of the best goalies at shootouts, that glove save was sick.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Alucard said:

Congrats!

If Fleury doesn't have a slow start this year, oh man. Oh man, oh man, oh man.

CCF23

Luongo should just do the NHL 12 manual goalie shootout move. Charge the shooter and slide at him with his stick out. God knows it would be better than him falling on his stomach and getting walked around.

I only watched the first and half of the second, and we were pretty good at the start, but I knew we wouldn't score after that utter domination in the first that led to absolutely nothing because everybody looked clueless as to how to finish a play.

Train those fuckers real hard this weekend, JM...

Canucks started slow, but definitely picked up as the game went along. The top line definitely showed some rust, but once they got in, the typical Sedin dominance popped up.

Third line was great, and I'm really glad we re-signed Higgins and Hansen, both played tops.

The biggest surprise though, was the 4th line. Damn, what a difference having a legitimate 4th line center makes. Lapierre was absolutely solid.

Oh and Ballard score a MOTHERFUCKING GOAL. Andrew Alberts will be in for the next game.

CCF23

SpectreFire said:
Canucks started slow, but definitely picked up as the game went along. The top line definitely showed some rust, but once they got in, the typical Sedin dominance popped up.

Third line was great, and I'm really glad we re-signed Higgins and Hansen, both played tops.

The biggest surprise though, was the 4th line. Damn, what a difference having a legitimate 4th line center makes. Lapierre was absolutely solid.

Oh and Ballard score a MOTHERFUCKING GOAL. Andrew Alberts will be in for the next game.

Ballard was fucking FLYING on his goal too. Good to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom