• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lone_Prodigy said:
Local media ripping into Luongo. Hockey's back.
Keep Ginger, trade Luo.

Hodgson's a bust.

Sedins are soft.

Fucking 4th line.

We gave up Grabner for that?

Fire AV.

------------------------

Did I get them all?

EDIT: I really hope we don't get into another shoot out in October. Those are almost guaranteed losses for us considering we don't practice them, Luongo's terrible at it, and our three top shootout guys (Kesler, Raymond, Tambellini), are all gone.

Solo

I hate to say it because I like the guy and he provided a great spark last season, but I think Desharnais needs to be on the fourth line and with drastically reduced minutes. Dude played 18 minutes last night (including top PP unit duties, WTF?) and looked completely lost.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
CrazedArabMan said:
I swear we better beat Ottawa tonight
But would you be surprised if we didn't? Head to head against former assistant coach, season opener, and a supposedly "weak" opponent. That's a fail mix if I've ever seen one.

BTW, here's the opening night line up

Hudler-Datsyuk-Cleary

Filppula-Zetterberg-Franzen

Abdelkader-Helm-Bertuzzi

Miller-Emmerton-Holmstrom

Lidstrom-White

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Kindl

Howard

Conklin

Eaves-Brunnstrom (healthy scratches)

Commodore (knee, out)

OnPoint

Fei said:
Ehrhoff at the point and Vanek in front could be an awesome PP combination this year.

I like this idea so very much. Our PP has been so inconsistent for the last few years. I pray we found the solution

Fei said:
VILLE VILLE VILLE

YES!!!! YESSS!!!!!

I saw your post before the WGR app caught up haha

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Eller cleared for contact and should play in winnepeg thank god. On DD I thought he did better then you solo but I was confused about the PP lines....it's hard for me to criticize him just because everyone except price was shit last night. If hes on the wing with Eller and DD he should play a lot better.

Fei

OnPoint said:
I like this idea so very much. Our PP has been so inconsistent for the last few years. I pray we found the solution

YES!!!! YESSS!!!!!

I saw your post before the WGR app caught up haha

Haha sorry about that! Sabres look awesome out of the gate.

What's the point of NHL Gamecentre if shit loads of games are blacked out?!

I could only see Habs game yesterday.
Today, only Buffalo game so far.

Stupid. 4 more days before I can cancel it... It better deliver!

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I tried out the GameCenter Live app for iPhone just now to watch the Sabres/Ducks game and it worked surprisingly well. I was streaming over 3G to boot. It took a good 30 seconds for it to buffer up, but after it started, it never lagged and was like 30 seconds (give or take) behind the actual play. Can't wait to use this to watch the Wings games on the way home from work now.

Solo said:
I hate to say it because I like the guy and he provided a great spark last season, but I think Desharnais needs to be on the fourth line and with drastically reduced minutes. Dude played 18 minutes last night (including top PP unit duties, WTF?) and looked completely lost.
Nah. David Desharnais will be a good third line player for this team. That spark will come back. He had one of our better chances last night.

Solo

Foreign Jackass said:
Nah. David Desharnais will be a good third line player for this team. That spark will come back. He had one of our better chances last night.

You only watched the first though. It honestly might have been his worst game in the NHL.

HadesGigas said:
He's on the #1 PP line, and was on the ice when both goals were scored.
Awesome. He's a bit older than I wanted (he's one of my 'young picks'), but I read somewhere that he should be a good early bet for Calder.
Solo said:
You only watched the first though. It honestly might have been his worst game in the NHL.
:( When Eller gets back, last year's great line of DD, Eller and AK will get its spark back. I hope.

TYVJY.jpg

kassatsu

Banned
shagg_187 said:
What's the point of NHL Gamecentre if shit loads of games are blacked out?!

I could only see Habs game yesterday.
Today, only Buffalo game so far.

Stupid. 4 more days before I can cancel it... It better deliver!
It blocks out anything that is on national or local tv. It is really only good if you aren't in a hockey market.

I got a lot of money on the Sabres this year. Even though they might be the team that ousts us from the playoffs, I hope and think they'll be awesome. Just so much offense on this team...

Who's Roy playing with?

Solo

Foreign Jackass said:
:( When Eller gets back, last year's great line of DD, Eller and AK will get its spark back. I hope.

I truly believe Eller is a big key to our success this year. If he can build on what he did in the playoffs, we will have a great third line. And if he REALLY progresses this year, than next season he takes Gomez's job as the #2 centre.

Foreign Jackass said:
I got a lot of money on the Sabres this year. Even though they might be the team that ousts us from the playoffs, I hope and think they'll be awesome. Just so much offense on this team...

Who's Roy playing with?

Gerbe and Stafford.

They moved Vanek to a line with Adam and Pominville.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Thank you Pominville, for giving my fantasy team its first points of the season. I'm expecting a lot out of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom