• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beast786

Wingfan19 said:
That's what I told my friend tonight. We need a top 6 scoring forward so we can keep Pavel/Z/Franzen together and still have a threat on the 2nd line. Hudler/Cleary/Bertuzzi aren't threats. I'm actually expecting a trade before the trade deadline this year.

Dont we have some room under the cap also. So thee is a room for a possible trade.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Well we didn't play that well for a lot of that but that was still a good game and got pretty exciting near the end. Horrid PK and Malkin not showing up until the third didn't do us any favors but exiting October with 18 points is not too shabby.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Dr.Acula said:
The CBC guys are really over-pronouncing Goovestuffson today. Did someone ask them to do that?

Probably just wanted to make sure he didn't screw up and call him Gunnarson like he usually does when he gets excited.

Alucard

Banned
Ugh. Shorthanded with injuries or not, it never feels good losing to the Leafs. Bah.

Good effort, I guess. Thought the Pens at least deserved a point. Ah well.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
beast786 said:
Dont we have some room under the cap also. So thee is a room for a possible trade.
Yeah they're a good 5 mil under. Easily enough to make a trade, especially since we'd be dumping salary in the trade. Just drives me crazy how they seem to not even care anymore. I'm watching the Leafs/Pens game tonight along with some others and it just seems like everyone is trying and pushing through to make something happen. Detroit games are so boring now a days. How can I see Claude Giroux get 4 pts in a game in like 3 out of 5 games and I can't see Zetterberg or Datsyuk get 2 pts in consecutive games? It makes no sense.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Kave_Man said:
Probably just wanted to make sure he didn't screw up and call him Gunnarson like he usually does when he gets excited.

That's Bowen that does that... Cole generally messes up teams or randomly recalls games from the 70s in real time

Manics

Banned
Alucard said:
Ugh. Shorthanded with injuries or not, it never feels good losing to the Leafs. Bah.

You werent even watching! You had second by second commentary on the Habs game.

Wingfan19 said:
Yeah they're a good 5 mil under. Easily enough to make a trade, especially since we'd be dumping salary in the trade. Just drives me crazy how they seem to not even care anymore. I'm watching the Leafs/Pens game tonight along with some others and it just seems like everyone is trying and pushing through to make something happen. Detroit games are so boring now a days. How can I see Claude Giroux get 4 pts in a game in like 3 out of 5 games and I can't see Zetterberg or Datsyuk get 2 pts in consecutive games? It makes no sense.

Well the answer to that is that Claude Giroux is a god among men.

Quick

Banned
Are Leafs tickets for all 41 home games released all at once, or in bunches? Found out that Mats Sundin is having his number honoured on February 11 against the Habs, and I want to be there. Not seeing it on Ticketmaster.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Wins against Philly and Bruins back to back feels good. Having Spacek back had been a big help on D. Also having much more success on the faceoff.

Also Rask should have been a star of the game.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Alucard said:

It happens. There have been a handful of games so far this year where I felt we deserved more but I don't know if this is one of them. The Pens we're used to seeing didn't show until late in the third and by then it was too late. I think we'll have Staal back for the Sharks game and Crosby not too long after that, I'm not worried at all.

littleworm said:
Can we please start the riding of Cam Ward now, this guy sucks.

Said the same thing in the chat tonight. I expect Cam to get 70 games. Boucher has been awful.

Thanks, Barrasso, for having him at the top of your list.

That and Eric Staal has completely disappeared.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Quick said:
Are Leafs tickets for all 41 home games released all at once, or in bunches? Found out that Mats Sundin is having his number honoured on February 11 against the Habs, and I want to be there. Not seeing it on Ticketmaster.

Good luck with that lol

It's bunches but leafs fans will want to be at that game no matter what... Being against Montreal means well...

Good luck with that :p

Wilson at post game interview just said he believes Phaneuf is the best defenseman in the NHL right now by a country mile

Yikes...

Acid08

Banned
Sharks win in OT, 5 game win streak! Burns with his first goal, love it.

Does this mean I get to fart in Forzas mouth? Thanks for the anti jinx brah.

Alucard

Banned
Spire said:
It happens. There have been a handful of games so far this year where I felt we deserved more but I don't know if this is one of them. The Pens we're used to seeing didn't show until late in the third and by then it was too late. I think we'll have Staal back for the Sharks game and Crosby not too long after that, I'm not worried at all.

I'm not worried either. I really love the team this year. I just never like losing to the Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom