• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wingfan19 said:
Fucking pathetic. You suck Detroit. Win 5 in a row, lose 4 in a row. God how sad is it that we can call these games days in advance.

I'm done for right now, we need something as no one is showing up to play right now, someone needs to go. I can't stand this team at all right now, I'll see you whenever they decide they want to play hockey again, you don't go from winning 5 straight to losing 4 straight, probably gonna be 5 straight after their next game. Top 10 draft pick here we come!!

MacAttack

Kuro Madoushi said:
Boston fan want to answer this? I'm curious too. I can only think Cup hangover.

I'm pretty sure Recchi and Kaberle not coming back weren't huge factors :p

They are getting good chances just not scoring.

Thomas may have a 2.14 but the opposing goalie vs the Bruins has a 2.10 GAA. They are 27th in the league in goals for.

Alucard

Banned
SuperSonic1305 said:
Our poopy backup beat the top team in the league.

/le depth

Enjoy it. You did it with our backup in net, and the Pens missing the best player in the game, Staal, Kennedy, and Michalek. Yeah, slightly sore about the loss. Kessel has admitedly been great, though.

Razorskin

----- ------
Epic Tales of Penis said:
My predicted winners for today:

Ottawa at NY Rangers

Boston at Montreal

Florida at Buffalo

Pittsburgh at Toronto

San Jose at NY Islanders

Carolina at Philadelphia

Winnipeg at Tampa Bay

Anaheim at Nashville

Detroit at Minnesota

New Jersey at Dallas

Columbus at Chicago

Los Angeles at Phoenix

Washington at Vancouver

7 wrong so far

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Shouldn't have traded Kessel.
:lol

Holy shit, peins!

OK, so basically, the Bs can't score. I thought this was the knock against them last year too and they...well...won the Cup. I only saw that one game vs the Leafs, but have the Bs been physical? Seems they get most of their chances using their size.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Razorskin, did you stealthedit twice? I swore I saw "6 wrong so far" :p

edit: DAMN! Sheldon Souray, the man nobody wanted with 8 points and a +8.

Zombie James said:
What's happening to Detroit?

I don't know you tell me, they don't seem to care at all right now, they really have not shown up ready for a game since their last win. They just look lost, as if the first 5 games were all just a fluke.

MacAttack

Shouldn't have traded Kessel.

Seguin has 11 points this season. He's not scoring at Kessels' pace but he's holding his own. If guys like Lucic, Krejci, Bergeron and Horton aren't pitching in you would have the same result.

Has there been a Socreges sighting at the Vancouver game?

Alucard

Banned
CrazedArabMan said:
I don't know you tell me, they don't seem to care at all right now, they really have not shown up ready for a game since their last win. They just look lost, as if the first 5 games were all just a fluke.

That last part sounds like Osgood's career, if you replace "the first five games" with "every single game."

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
MacAttack said:
Seguin has 11 points this season. He's not scoring at Kessels' pace but he's holding his own. If guys like Lucic, Krejci, Bergeron and Horton aren't pitching in you would have the same result.

Has there been a Socreges sighting at the Vancouver game?
Huh. Well, maybe they didn't update. NHL.com says he has 10 points and leading the Bs. Krejci has been pretty awful along with Seidenberg.

Caps are so pathetic. You'd think taking 100 penalties against the Oilers would teach you something. You'd also think they'd come out with some fire to start the game.

Am I surprised? Not at all.

Get rid of Boudreau.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Detroit has major problems right now.

They constantly get beat to the puck, nobody can score, and they seem to have no motivation at all. They need a roster shakeup BADLY.

Alucard

Banned
Caps are so pathetic. You'd think taking 100 penalties against the Oilers would teach you something. You'd also think they'd come out with some fire to start the game.

Am I surprised? Not at all.

Get rid of Boudreau.

Who would replace him? What type of personality do the Caps need behind the bench to take the final step?

Alucard said:
Who would replace him? What type of personality do the Caps need behind the bench to take the final step?
Someone like me.

I_dunno_lol_answer_5_xlarge.png

MacAttack

Kuro Madoushi said:
Huh. Well, maybe they didn't update. NHL.com says he has 10 points and leading the Bs. Krejci has been pretty awful along with Seidenberg.

I assumed they didn't update live so you're probably right. Krejci has hit some posts and was injured for a few games. Krejci has also been the victim of the snakebitten linemates Lucic and Horton who havent cashed in some beautiful setups from him. Seidenberg hasnt been bad he's just been logging a lot of minutes and his +/- reflects that since the team isn't scoring.

Alucard said:
And you're the biggest fairweather fan here.

Please buddy, calling all of Osgood's games a fluke and I call you out for it, and this is your response, yeah sure.

Plinko said:
Detroit has major problems right now.

They constantly get beat to the puck, nobody can score, and they seem to have no motivation at all. They need a roster shakeup BADLY.

Yes they do, and of course sending Brunnstrom to GR doesn't count like they did earlier today.

Giard

Kuro Madoushi said:
Razorskin, did you stealthedit twice? I swore I saw "6 wrong so far" :p

edit: DAMN! Sheldon Souray, the man nobody wanted with 8 points and a +8.
I drafted him in the last rounds of 2 of my fantasy pools. A great sleeper hit for sure.

Socreges

Banned
Behind Lu right now. Definitely been the most interesting side, good and bad.

Kinda awesome being so close to Ovechkins top-corner snipe. Was in awe instead of being crushed like with Knubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom