• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cactus

Banned
DopeyFish said:
Wilson at post game interview just said he believes Phaneuf is the best defenseman in the NHL right now by a country mile

Yikes...
I definitely think a case can be made. Right now (among defencemen) he's...

1st in +/-
2nd in points
2nd in shifts per game
5th in TOI per game
5th in shots

He might not be the very best, but he's way up there. Hopefully he keeps this up.

DopeyFish said:
Wilson at post game interview just said he believes Phaneuf is the best defenseman in the NHL right now by a country mile

Yikes...

10GP, 2G, 9A, 11PTS, +7. Maybe not a country mile, but I'd say he's up there.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Game will be won or lost on this 4 minute pp for the Wings right here.

EDIT - Well there's that... Wings take a penalty because Pavel can't pass back to the fucking point. Stupid ass Detroit.

AngmarsKing701 said:
Said the same thing in the chat tonight. I expect Cam to get 70 games. Boucher has been awful.

Thanks, Barrasso, for having him at the top of your list.

That and Eric Staal has completely disappeared.
Still, baffled on why we wouldn't play Ward. I know the idea is to play him less but, hell he got a shutout last night, and he is almost always been great at back to back games. I think we need a new back up and a new coach. Also for the love of god someone needs to tell Staal to mix it up when he is on a breakaway.

Curufinwe

They just showed an interview with Pronger on CSN. His eye looks pretty good considering. Hopefully he'll be back soon with no permanent damage.

DopeyFish said:
In the last 39 games, kessel has 23 goals and 25 assists :eek:

Yes... That's since the all star game
That's what happens when you annoy "The Phil." You simply get fucked up. He took that All-Star game diss and has since put up Hart, Art Ross and Richard type numbers.

Sedins who?!

Get the fuck out of here you vaginas. Phil is stretching your boxes nightly.

beast786

Wingfan19 said:
Yeah they're a good 5 mil under. Easily enough to make a trade, especially since we'd be dumping salary in the trade. Just drives me crazy how they seem to not even care anymore. I'm watching the Leafs/Pens game tonight along with some others and it just seems like everyone is trying and pushing through to make something happen. Detroit games are so boring now a days. How can I see Claude Giroux get 4 pts in a game in like 3 out of 5 games and I can't see Zetterberg or Datsyuk get 2 pts in consecutive games? It makes no sense.

I understand but I think it way to early. Veterans team will pace itself into playoffs. But I do agree.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Kave_Man said:
Probably just wanted to make sure he didn't screw up and call him Gunnarson like he usually does when he gets excited.
Goof stov's son.

GG Leafs. I'm glad to be wrong. The Oens were coming in hot and the first period had me worry there.

Hmmm...King Kessel, he of the ball of steel?

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Epic Tales of Penis said:
Hard to disagree. He totally owned Malkin and Malkin was even intimidated at times.

Malkin played like shit for most of the game, especially in his own end. His defensive play has not been great these last two games.

Cactus

Banned
Curufinwe said:
They just showed an interview with Pronger on CSN. His eye looks pretty good considering. Hopefully he'll be back soon with no permanent damage.
The way he was screaming on the ice after the stick hit him had me fearing the worst, so it's a relief to see that he's doing alright.

Pronger is one of those guys I'll always respect, no matter what team he plays for.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
beast786 said:
Nice save Mr.Harding.

Who the hell is he?
A back up goalie, so the Wings can't win.

EDIT - BTW, I'm half expecting Koivu to score a goal here since he hasn't had a goal yet this season and Detroit is the team you break your slumps against.

OK, I just got back from hanging with my friends, and I see it is 1 to nothing still, I mean really?

Detroit is going to lose this game too, we need a shake up badly, and I mean now!!!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Just waive Bertuzzi already--he's terrible.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Gah, how can this team just sit on a 1-0 lead and actually WIN?? What do they do that the Wings can't do when they get a lead? I honestly don't see it.

I really can't stand watching this team anymore, I just turned the game on and they look flat as all get out. Let me know when they decide to start playing or something, because right now we are horrible.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Manics said:
He's more pissed that Gustavsson stopped 34 of 37. Hard to rip a guy with those numbers.

"Gustavsson gave up 3 goals as usual and Leafs were lucky to win with him there"

That was an intense game between the Leafs and Pens. Gustavsson made some big saves, but his rebound control was really bad. Luckily the D was usually up to the task. We've had pretty good coverage the last two games.

What the hell is going on with Boston though? When your number 1 goalie has a 2.14 GAA and .929 save percentage, you have one of the best backups in the league, yet you're in last place in your conference, something is really, really wrong (pick it up, I'm counting on Thomas in my pool damn it).

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking pathetic. You suck Detroit. Win 5 in a row, lose 4 in a row. God how sad is it that we can call these games days in advance.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Kave_Man said:
"Gustavsson gave up 3 goals as usual and Leafs were lucky to win with him there"

He would have been Manics excuse had you guys lost.

"Reimer's injured! Gus doomed us!"

Revenant

fucking blue jacket stick lifts bickell's stick up near his own fuckin face. negates a goal, fuck off.

EDIT: SWEDEN'S NEXT TOP MODEL! STALBERG!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Kurashima said:
That was an intense game between the Leafs and Pens. Gustavsson made some big saves, but his rebound control was really bad. Luckily the D was usually up to the task. We've had pretty good coverage the last two games.

What the hell is going on with Boston though? When your number 1 goalie has a 2.14 GAA and .929 save percentage, you have one of the best backups in the league, yet you're in last place in your conference, something is really, really wrong (pick it up, I'm counting on Thomas in my pool damn it).
Boston fan want to answer this? I'm curious too. I can only think Cup hangover.

I'm pretty sure Recchi and Kaberle not coming back weren't huge factors :p

Manics

Banned
Spire said:
He would have been Manics excuse had you guys lost.

"Reimer's injured! Gus doomed us!"
Did you miss this?

2u46gdi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom