• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montresor

Unfortunate for Ottawa. That wasn't really instigating on Neil. Schenn just looked like he was beat up bad. The reality is both were willing to fight and despite the optics Schenn still hit Neil enough to make him bleed.

Still, the Leaf powerplay is looking great.

Socreges

Banned
DopeyFish said:
Nobody disrespects our captains... Just because sundin left doesn't mean the disrespect went away
Montresor said:
I'm sure he's also booed because of his dirty hit against Tucker in the playoffs.
One dirty hit nine years ago. And one amusing jab at Sundin eight years ago.

Standard hive-mind at work in Leafs Nation. It's ritual. It's not 'justice' or whatever allegedly sensible explanation Leafs fans come up with.

http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2009/04/top-10-dumbest-moments-in-battle-of.html said:
#1 - The Stick Throw

It takes a really dumb moment to be the dumbest in the entire history of this dumb rivalry. And good god, this moment was dumb.

Midway through the 2004 season, Leafs captain Mats Sundin was suspended one game for throwing a broken stick into the stands. He missed a game against Ottawa, and during that game Daniel Alfredsson famously mocked Sundin when his own stick broke by pretending to throw it into the stands before dropping it on the ice instead.

If you read that paragraph and thought to yourself "That sounds unbelievably boring", then you're apparently not a Toronto or Ottawa fan. No, to the average Leafs and Sens fans, the series of events I just described are the most controversial thing that has ever happened.

Leaf fans were outraged that Alfredsson would dare mock to Sundin. Ignoring the fact that it was a joke, a playful jab from one friend at another, Leaf fans have booed Alfredsson every time he's touched the puck ever since. (Note: Leaf fans now pretend that booing Alfredsson started after his hit from behind on Tucker in the 2002 playoffs. They're lying.)

For their part, Ottawa fans defended Alfredsson. They were right to do so, but since this involves the Leafs, Sens fans had to go completely overboard. To this day, every Ottawa Senators fan insists that Alfredsson's fake stick throw is the funniest thing that anyone has ever done, ever. Not just in hockey -- anywhere. If you ask a Senators fans to create a Mount Rushmore of comic genius, it will include George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Lenny Bruce and Daniel Alfredsson pretending to throw his broken stick.

Seriously, the next time you find yourself talking to a Leafs fan and a Sens fan at the same time, casually mention the Alfredsson stick throw. The Leafs fan will start ranting like Christian Bale, while the Sens fan immediately starts fake-laughing like Arsenio Hall circa 1991.

At that point, you have my permission to pull out a gun and shoot both of them.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Socreges said:

Standard hive-mind at work in Leafs Nation. It's ritual. It's not 'justice' or whatever allegedly sensible explanation Leafs fans come up with.

It's just fun dude... Yeessh

Manics

Banned
Socreges said:

Soc :(

Cactus

Banned
Socreges said:

Do you hang around here when the Leafs are playing just to shit disturb? Serious question.

Thursday with the "Leafs fans are unique in blaming the refs" (paraphrase) and tonight with the "hive-minds" crap. Just give it a rest.

Montresor

Socreges said:

I'll echo DopeyFish's response and say it's just fun.

And no, I wasn't lying. I can't believe you bolded that sentence in the article. People mentioning the Alfie hit as a catalyst for the booing are just wrong, misinformed on that particular issue, like me! ... Not lying.

Manics

Banned
Epic Tales of Penis said:
Wow. The Leafs tearing shit up really seems to have the board on edge and annoyed.

Get used to it.
:) can't fucking wait to see the Caps game with you. Let's get drunk first. Drunk is betteR

Montresor

Epic Tales of Penis said:
Wow. The Leafs tearing shit up really seems to have the board on edge and annoyed.

Get used to it.

The Leafs are not tearing up anything yet. They went 4-0 to start the season last year, remember? Let's wait for ~20 games before we go overboard.

I do like how they look. But I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic.

Manics

Banned
Montresor said:
The Leafs are not tearing up anything yet. They went 4-0 to start the season last year, remember? Let's wait for ~20 games before we go overboard.

Fuck u man Reimer is the real deal more than gimpy groin Giguere ever was fuxk u Leafs are 4 real

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Was it? It couldn't be...yes it was!

KESSSEELLLLLL TIMES TWO!!!

19-Pop-Champagne.gif

Manics

Banned
Montresor said:

Seriously man fuck you. As a Leafs fan you know I love you but fuck uou

Cactus

Banned
It must be a bittersweet feeling for Cody Franson right now. He's playing for his favourite team, and they've been playing well to start the season, but I don't think any of the six defencemen ahead of him deserve to be scratched right now.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Cactus said:
It must be a bittersweet feeling for Cody Franson right now. He's playing for his favourite team, and they've been playing well to start the season, but I don't think any of the six defencemen ahead of him deserve to be scratched right now.

Fuck it feels so good not having lebda

Montresor

Manics said:
Seriously man fuck you. As a Leafs fan you know I love you but fuck uou

=(

What if I admit that on Phaneuf's hit and Kessel's second goal I giggled in happiness. Great game for the Leafs! I'm really looking forward to some more goals and a shutout.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Montresor said:
=(

What if I admit that on Phaneuf's hit and Kessel's second goal I giggled in happiness. Great game for the Leafs! I'm really looking forward to some more goals and a shutout.

It's ok man, Manics still loves you. He just gives tough love.

edit: Oh man just saw it...youuuuuu!

Manics

Banned
Montresor said:
=(

If you just jinxed it gonna fuckkng break your ass

Montresor said:
=(

Thanks for saying the s word. Sens goal confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom