• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPW

SCHUEY F1 said:
Cherry finally talks some sense regarding Price: "No better goalie in the world"

too bad PG hasn't surrounded him with players to win the cup

if gomez is still with habs after this season, fire PG

fuckin POS is making 7m, dump his ass in the minors, grow some balls PG, enough with this give him another chance bs, he ain't gonna ever be as good as his nj devil days

cole was horrible once again

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dr.Guru of Peru said:
lol

"Parade time"? I know you're trying your hardest to fit in here, but show some originality.
LOL trying to fit in? So I should make some more jokes about sucking dick, or only make post full of anger and angst like you? Go back to your cave troll.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
MPW said:
too bad PG hasn't surrounded him with players to win the cup

if gomez is still with habs after this season, fire PG

fuckin POS is making 7m, dump his ass in the minors, grow some balls PG

cole was horrible once again

Gomez played alright. Not sure what kind of miracle move you want PG to make. Sending the Gomez to the minor as of right now is stupid.

Red_Man

SCHUEY F1 said:
Gomez played alright. Not sure what kind of miracle move you want PG to make. Sending the Gomez to the minor as of right now is stupid.
It's true, as bad as he has been, we don't have a replacement for him right now.

Erdrick

Well, too many stupid giveaways and lack of any cohesion on the PP kind of tend to end up with results like this. Oduya must feel pretty lousy right now, but some of the other boneheaded plays (On the PP, CONTROL POSSESSION, don't dump it in on every attack attempt, for example. Or you know, get someone in front instead of having 3 guys behind the net scrambling.)

Good game by Price though. No way we were gonna beat him with such mickey-mouse efforts at offense like tonight.

I don't mind losing to the Habs, as I like them as a team anyway. Good to be back with the big boys in the NHL again.

Next up, Chicago on Thursday. (Ready, Marvie?) Noel and company better kick some ass and whip some guys into shape after tonight. Or at least get some charts showing fundamentals on how to create plays other than falling on our collective asses.

The bright side? At least we did not lose to the Leafs. =)

Off to the after-party I go. Off till Tuesday and much drinking is at hand, methinks.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Red_Man said:
LOL trying to fit in? So I should make some more jokes about sucking dick, or only make post full of anger and angst like you? Go back to your cave troll.
No, but I'm sure you can recycle some insults about Manic's wife.

Your team couldn't put a single puck past our "saviour".

Reimer>>>>Price.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Dr.Guru of Peru said:

Reimer>>>>Price.

Now you are well and truly trolling :lol.

MPW

Red_Man said:
It's true, as bad as he has been, we don't have a replacement for him right now.

gomez better not be here next year, he's 7m cap space could be better used on other players

if gomez is still with habs after this year, clear sign PG doesn't know how to build a contender

his salary is 4.5 and 3.5 in the next two years iirc, dump him to the minors if nobody wants to take him

Solo

SCHUEY F1 said:

Don't mind MPW. He thinks we can demote Gomez to the minors and then turnaround and land a Top NHL centreman for nothing.

MPW

PG once again failed to address lack of toughness

teams crash the net cause they know no one from habs will do shit

jordan stall, getzlaf and perry ufas in 2014

gtfo gomez, gionta and cole

Red_Man

Dr.Guru of Peru said:

Reimer>>>>Price.
Yep, pure trollin, ignore list away we goooooooooo

Epic Tales of Penis said:
We beat your shitty team.
Leafs beat habs in the first game last year too, and where did they end up? Oh yea an early off season once again.

I agree MPW we need to get rid of Gomez, it's just not feasible right now.

MPW

Red_Man said:
I agree MPW we need to get rid of Gomez, it's just not feasible right now.

fair enough, however, he should be gone next summer, u can't have a guy making 7m and play like that

also, subban and price will be asking for $$$

so far it has been ok cap wise since price and pk don't make much $$$, this will change very soon

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Malkin may not play tonight, feeling some soreness in his knee. Not entirely unexpected but still... fack.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Vega said:
I hope Malkin rests tonight. No need to risk a bad injury to play Edmonton in October.

Yeah, they sat him for most of the third period last night. He's out in the on-ice warmup right now but I don't think they've made a decision yet. If it's questionable, I imagine he'll sit.

Vega

Spire said:
Yeah, they sat him for most of the third period last night. He's out in the on-ice warmup right now but I don't think they've made a decision yet. If it's questionable, I imagine he'll sit.
If he does play, hopefully Dan just uses him on the power play.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Malkin confirmed to be out. Time to flashback to last year.

Johnson is also in net, for those that care.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Vega said:
These special teams have reached god- tier levels.

Our PK is going to be the best in the league again, I can feel it. If our PP keeps on this pace it'll be up at the top too. Praise be to Bylsma.

Vega

Spire said:
Our PK is going to be the best in the league again, I can feel it. If our PP keeps on this pace it'll be up at the top too. Praise be to Bylsma.
I think the addition of Sullivan has been huge for the pp. Such a great puck mover.

Marvie_3

Banned
Erdrick said:
Well, too many stupid giveaways and lack of any cohesion on the PP kind of tend to end up with results like this. Oduya must feel pretty lousy right now, but some of the other boneheaded plays (On the PP, CONTROL POSSESSION, don't dump it in on every attack attempt, for example. Or you know, get someone in front instead of having 3 guys behind the net scrambling.)

Good game by Price though. No way we were gonna beat him with such mickey-mouse efforts at offense like tonight.

I don't mind losing to the Habs, as I like them as a team anyway. Good to be back with the big boys in the NHL again.

Next up, Chicago on Thursday. (Ready, Marvie?) Noel and company better kick some ass and whip some guys into shape after tonight. Or at least get some charts showing fundamentals on how to create plays other than falling on our collective asses.

The bright side? At least we did not lose to the Leafs. =)

Off to the after-party I go. Off till Tuesday and much drinking is at hand, methinks.
Yes. :D

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Please convert on something. We've been dominating the whole period, it really needs to translate into a goal.

Vega

Goddamn. Brent Johnson is so damn solid. I wouldn't be surprised if he sought out a chance to start somewhere when he hits free agency.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Well we better fucking pray this third period doesn't go down like our last two games. We don't have much of a lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom