• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
Slurmer said:
I'm on the edge of my seat

Philly made it close in the third, but Lemieux got the empty-netter to finish the game with 8 points and a score of 10-7. This news certainly relates to your interests.

Okay first period by the Pens. The PP looks quite good. I hope that Neal and/or Sullivan heat up.

C Jones

Ah well, at least the chances are actually there tonight on the PP unlike the Edmonton game.

I just caught up with the thread: congrats on getting married Alu!

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Alucard said:
Okay first period by the Pens. The PP looks quite good. I hope that Neal and/or Sullivan heat up.

Yeah, they get chances it just hasn't gone in. It really is a lot better this year.

Slurmer

Banned
Alucard said:
Philly made it close in the third, but Lemieux got the empty-netter to finish the game with 8 points and a score of 10-7. This news certainly relates to your interests.

We'll get em next year

Letang in the 7th round are going to turn out to bee my draft of the year hes been flying out there for the first games. To bad the forwards suck on setting him up and hits his skates.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
alexthekid said:
Letang in the 7th round are going to turn out to bee my draft of the year hes been flying out there for the first games. To bad the forwards suck on setting him up and hits his skates.

He's a beast. He'll be a Norris contender this year.

Zombie James said:
Gonchar is an embarrassment.

We should test him for Alzheimers and put him on LTIR and replace him with someone who gives a shit, we got a bunch on our farm team who'll do it.

I can't believe he's 2nd in D-man scoring behind Lidstrom over the last 10 years.

Sadly we need his stupid salary to stay above the floor.

MPW

Even the prime minister, hockey historian Stephen Harper, attended last night's game.

The idea seemed to befuddle American defenseman Dustin Byfuglien when he was asked about playing in front of such an important national figure. "Realistically, we probably won't even see him — or her," he said, just in case.

Because Byfuglien had no clue.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7084203/the-return-jets

bwhahaha!

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
kassatsu said:
Dunno about that.

He was last year before Crosby and Malkin went down and his production slid a little bit. He's playing like he was early last year and Crosby and Malkin are still out. When they both come back he's going to rack'em up.

Alucard

Banned
That was a Vital-e important goal.

Seriously though, that was fantastic. Great pass by Duper at the blueline to spring Vitale, a sublime setup by Joey V, and the tap in for potential 40 goal man Matt Cooke.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Bob McKenzie:
More and more NHL governors convinced DET will be moving to SE Div in Eastern Conference when realignment done in early December.
Southeast seems odd compared to Northeast or Atlantic, but it would make the realignment really simple, if they decide to go that route — two teams just switching places.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Our PK is so fucking good. Oh. My. God.

That was embarassing for Florida.. How many fucking times did we enter their zone on the PK? Absurd.

Vega

Don't really want Detroit in the East. I wanted Columbus. The atmosphere of Pens-Jackets games have been awesome when they meet up.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
vatstep said:
Bob McKenzie:

Southeast seems odd compared to Northeast or Atlantic, but it would make the realignment really simple, if they decide to go that route — two teams just switching places.
Just saw this too, and it would make the SE pretty interesting to watch with Caps and Tampa in there too.

vatstep said:
Bob McKenzie:

This whole DET to the east is just because of some old promise right? It doesn't seem good for the league. DET must are the most important team in the west, It feels like the teams in the west need their big crowds more then in the east. Also on a personal level, Its always nice to have the Hawks play the Wings in the playoffs.

ZeroGravity

Red_Man said:
Just saw this too, and it would make the SE pretty interesting to watch with Caps and Tampa in there too.
Fuck that noise. Keep the Wings the hell out of my division.

How is this even any better than Winnipeg? It makes zero sense for Detroit to be in the SE.

ZeroGravity

bonesmccoy said:
Is a Detroit a big draw when they're on the road? Are teams remaining in the West going to notice *that* much of a difference?
They are a huge draw, and yeah, one of the problems with Detroit moving to the East is that a lot of the West teams don't want them to leave.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
ZeroGravity said:
Fuck that noise. Keep the Wings the hell out of my division.

How is this even any better than Winnipeg? It makes zero sense for Detroit to be in the SE.
I agree, but as a spectator it would be great to watch :lol but I'd be pissed were I a Caps / Lightning fan. East playoff race would just become even more crazy.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
The Panthers PP can't even get into our zone half the time, it's so fun to watch our PK just molest these guys.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
alexthekid said:
This whole DET to the east is just because of some old promise right? It doesn't seem good for the league. DET must are the most important team in the west, It feels like the teams in the west need their big crowds more then in the east. Also on a personal level, Its always nice to have the Hawks play the Wings in the playoffs.

Part of it is the time zone they're in, because they're always playing out west the games come on super late there. They've been wanting into the East forever, I can't imagine the league will readjust everything and not move them.

Cactus

Banned
Socreges said:
Haha

I do doubt Bouchard was aiming for the face. But he's still to blame - should have never been swinging his stick at someone that high up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=JkCu26Zz-nE#t=95s

Calvert's stick makes upwards contact with Bouchard's stick right as Bouchard goes to slash him in the hand/torso area. The slash only hit Calvert's face because it was accidentally deflected there.

An accidental high stick that draws blood is a four minute penalty and should be nothing more.

Toronto Maple Leafs centre, and $9.5 million off-season signing, Tim Connolly does not seem any closer to being declared game ready. The Leafs' biggest off-season acquisition, who has struggled with injury, remains a question mark heading into Saturday's meeting with the Calgary Flames, according to the Globe and Mail.

"He was sore today, so we backed off," Leafs coach Ron Wilson said. "There's no surgery necessary."

Connolly has been sidelined with an upper-body injury since training camp and has been very limited in practice. The 30-year-old missed both of the Leafs' first two games and was only able to practice, in a non-contact situation, for 15 minutes on Tuesday.

Take your time buddy. MacArthur returns on Saturday and maybe Kadri too!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
vatstep said:
Bob McKenzie:

*ColbertICalledIt.gif*

I'm telling you guys--it was presented to the NHL owners last year. The Wild owner gave it away when he talked about the new Central having almost every current team but Detroit.

That said, the southeast? Really? Whenever Detroit plays teams in the Southeast it's like another home game. I'd much rather see them reunited with other Original 6 teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom