• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Fuck. Yes.

Slick move by Staal, great goal by Neal.

Neal now has more regular season goals with the Pens than he did last year.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Staal has been really good this game. Really physical, forced some great turnovers and now has a beautiful assist.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Neal with 2 goals in 4 games now. That's more than he had in 20 games with the pens last season lol. Really hope he can keep it going.

Alucard

Banned
Neal's first goal was a fluke, and the second one was a right-place-right-time situation. I'm still not sold on him keeping it going, but they never ask you how, but how many. If they keep going in one way or another, that's all that matters. He's shown flashes of skill, but it doesn't look like he worked on his shot accuracy from last season.

Quick

Banned
Plinko said:
*ColbertICalledIt.gif*

I'm telling you guys--it was presented to the NHL owners last year. The Wild owner gave it away when he talked about the new Central having almost every current team but Detroit.

That said, the southeast? Really? Whenever Detroit plays teams in the Southeast it's like another home game. I'd much rather see them reunited with other Original 6 teams.

Really simple switch, but also really odd if Detroit really ends up in the Southeast Division. The only way I could see them fit in is if Philadelphia shifts over to SE, and Detroit takes a spot in the Atlantic.

Geographically, Nashville would be the perfect choice to move to the Southeast. Columbus also isn't a bad choice.

Alucard said:
81-0-1 still a possibility. A good team victory tonight. Everyone did their jobs well.

Bring on the Capitals on Thursday.

And there goes your 81-0-1 prediction.

Slurmer said:
Detroit is going to completely dominate the East.

SimpsonsHomerSmile.gif

Alucard said:
Detroit would do really well in the East. The travel schedule alone would probably give them a boost.

This is like the equivalent to a handicap parking space for our players which most of them use already when parking at the rink.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Quick said:
Really simple switch, but also really odd if Detroit really ends up in the Southeast Division. The only way I could see them fit in is if Philadelphia shifts over to SE, and Detroit takes a spot in the Atlantic.

Geographically, Nashville would be the perfect choice to move to the Southeast. Columbus also isn't a bad choice.

True. However, I'm guessing somewhere along the way Detroit got a promise from the league. Besides, I think having Detroit in the same division as Washington and Tampa Bay could be huge for the league. Seven or eight matchups between those teams each year would be unbelievable.

Socreges

Banned
Cactus said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=JkCu26Zz-nE#t=95s

Calvert's stick makes upwards contact with Bouchard's stick right as Bouchard goes to slash him in the hand/torso area. The slash only hit Calvert's face because it was accidentally deflected there.

An accidental high stick that draws blood is a four minute penalty and should be nothing more.
Your first paragraph is exactly what I was saying. Except I wasn't as absolute.

The second paragraph - disagreed. Like I said, if you're slashing a guy that high and it gets deflected a little higher in the face, you take responsibility. They're trying to deter carelessness and I approve.

Socreges

Banned
Ottawa: best third period team?

As for Detroit moving to the East, I really don't see why they'd find it so easy. The East has gotten stronger and Detroit has gotten (and will get) weaker. Definitely would suck to lose a team like that, though. The conference would be a little less interesting for sure.

Quick

Banned
Plinko said:
True. However, I'm guessing somewhere along the way Detroit got a promise from the league. Besides, I think having Detroit in the same division as Washington and Tampa Bay could be huge for the league. Seven or eight matchups between those teams each year would be unbelievable.

I did read about Detroit being promised by the league to be switched over when an opportunity comes, though it's just off the record.

It definitely would be interesting to see Detroit match up against Washington or Tampa Bay, or even Carolina a few more times. I'd imagine a boost in ticket sales for Florida considering the large snowbird population down there in the winter.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
KernelPanic said:
Opposite of last year, they'd mail it in the 3rd period. Weirdest year so far.

Oh well.... we got heart, I'll take it.
Yeah, Ottawa really took over in the 2nd and 3rd. Not unexpected because the Wild are quite bad and just got worked by the Islanders. Good game, fellas.

Quick

Banned
Convenient that Heatley comes back to Ottawa on their home opener. Must've been a fun night for him. Or did people stop caring about him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom