• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Solo said:
Finally watching....already winning?! Nice, who scored?
Patches hit one off the boards and ak got it in and bourque with a snipe there... Weve had a good start so far otherwise

Red_Man

Yep but aslong as it isn't that Boston guy I don't really care and it's good to see where back on track for being one of the most penalized teams again.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Jesus christ. That goal really gave the Caps some energy and this turned into a great fucking game.

Solo

zedge said:
Like some RDS guys would not be Habs homers.. :/

Well, sure, that's a guarantee though. I thought Sportsnet was supposed to be a national network (ie. no bias) though. RDS is a Habs-only network.

zedge

Solo said:
Well, sure, that's a guarantee though. I thought Sportsnet was supposed to be a national network (ie. no bias) though. RDS is a Habs-only network.

Its Sportsnet West home of the Flames. Its a bit homey. Used to be anyway, they seem to have rebranded a bit.

Thats a quote.. lol

Solo

Still wondering what the hell is going on with Gio so far this year. Missing golden scoring chances and now taking dumb penalties.

Takao

Banned
Solo said:

Sportsnet is kind of regional though. While the network is national, the newcasts and programming produced for Ontario isn't what's airing in the West.

Solo

Okay, can't let this get to 4-1 or its over. Need the next goal.

Love seeing Eller putting in work on the boards and laying some fool on his ass though.

Red_Man

Yea gio is off, rough first period aside from the first 10 mins, D coverage is pretty shitty right now.

Solo

Oh look, its that guy who only posts when we're losing! How are you, man?

What is the opposite of a fairweather fan? Because MPW is that.

zedge

SCHUEY F1 said:
Yikes. Not looking too good at the moment. One thing I do like is that the Habs have delivered some good hits.

They are playing physical, more so than I am used to anyway.

MPW

Solo said:
Oh look, its that guy who only posts when we're losing! How are you, man?

What is the opposite of a fairweather fan? Because MPW is that.

i posted when habs beat jets

erik cole got this!

Red_Man

Great save by price but why the fuck is the front of the net so easy for the flames to get to?

Solo

Red_Man said:
Great save by price but why the fuck is the front of the net so easy for the flames to get to?

3 of our 6 D-men having a combined 54 games of NHL experience probably has something to do with it.

MPW

zedge said:
They are playing physical, more so than I am used to anyway.

when u start playing physical, habs are fucked

georges can't stand up for everyone

PG didn't fix habs lack of toughness over the off season

Red_Man

Solo said:
3 of our 6 D-men having a combined 54 games of NHL experience probably has something to do with it.
True but Emelin and Diaz have both played in the Olympics I'm expecting more from them. Eller looks pretty damn good for his first period.

Solo

MPW said:

Go back to HF Boards. Would having some goons have stopped Campoli from tearing a hamstring? Weber from stepping on Cammy? Markov from straining his knee? This is the most hilarious bullshit I've ever heard.

zedge

MPW said:

Yea, thats why its a bit surprising. Probably not a good idea if they want to avoid more injuries.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
MPW said:

We were talking about the Habs using the body...

Red_Man

MPW said:

Having a tough guy is the most overrated and irrelevant bullshit argument spewed by fans and critics, it's just not necessary anymore and would not have prevented a single one of our injuries in the past 2 seasons and would have taken a spot away from an actual useful player.

Semin, Ovechkin and Backstrom have a combined 1 goal in almost 3 games played.

Jason Chimera has 3 goals

Totally unacceptable. One of these stooges needs to wake up in the third period.

Red_Man said:
Having a tough guy is the most overrated and irrelevant bullshit argument spewed by fans and critics, it's just not necessary anymore and would not have prevented a single one of our injuries in the past 2 seasons and would have taken a spot away from an actual useful player.

This, doesn't mean your team doesn't need a bigger player, but he needs to at least put up points and skill other than just his fists.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Epic Tales of Penis said:
Semin, Ovechkin and Backstrom have a combined 1 goal in almost 3 games played.

Jason Chimera has 3 goals

Totally unacceptable. One of these stooges needs to wake up in the third period.

4th line has been looking good tonight. Ovechkin looks horrible. He's had a few hits and that is about it.

Solo

The best thing about this game so far is seeing how good Eller looks. He looks a lot further ahead than Pacioretty does in my eyes. First game back and I've already seen him grinding in the corners, throwing the body (and dropping at least two Flames so far) and creating offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom