• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa. Massive Canucks line shuffle tonight.

Daniel-Henrik-Burrows
Higgins-Hodgson-Hansen
Sturm-Ebbett-Samuelsson
Malhotra-Lapierre-Weise

Apparently AV wants to manage Malhtora's minutes.

Cactus

Banned
Socreges said:
Let's say Connolly matches his numbers from last season. 68 games and 42 points. That's adequate for $4.75M? Add to that how 68 games seems like the MAX he'd play right now - another 10-15 game injury isn't out of the question. A season-ending injury that would free up cap space would have to come early in the season to do the Leafs any good. Not to mention that you could only replace him with a rental since Connolly would likely be back on the books in Fall 2012.

Fair points, but I think signing a top-6 free agent almost always requires overpayment. Connolly, despite his injury history, was the best fit available at a short term, so Burke overpayed in dollars. The signing could be considered unnecessary, reactionary, questionable, and possibly even bad once all is said and done, but I still think it was low risk since, like I said, the team can compete with or without him, especially with Lombardi added in there.

Socreges said:
Cactus, 5-6 games? He's already missed 2 and is now week-to-week. I would guess 10 minimum.

He's not week to week, necessarily. He's said himself that he's at most 2 weeks from returning, which is 4-7 games plus the two he's already missed, so 6-9 games is probably closer.

"Whether it's a week or two weeks before I'm playing, I couldn't tell you...It's nothing serious where it can be nagging me throughout the season..We gave it a hard go for a few days and that's when we knew it was just going to be a little bit longer when we got to this week."

Solo

Manics said:
Mmmm I'd not be TOTALLY against that. :)

eller_headshot_petit.jpg

"Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me."

snack

SpectreFire said:

Daniel-Henrik-Burrows
Higgins-Hodgson-Hansen
Malhotra-Lapierre-Weise
Sturm-Ebbett-Samuelsson

Sturm and Samuelsson gets dumped to the 4th line. Apparently AV wants to manage Malhtora's minutes.
That shit cray. I just wanna see less penalties!

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
So far this is looking like our other games, the Pens just outworking everyone and our D suffocating everything.

SpectreFire said:

Daniel-Henrik-Burrows
Higgins-Hodgson-Hansen
Sturm-Ebbett-Samuelsson
Malhotra-Lapierre-Weise

Apparently AV wants to manage Malhtora's minutes.

Nope, Daniel and Henrik are on the same line, no massive shuffle. :p

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Socreges said:
You're making Red_Man uncomfortable.
Never made me uncomfortable just gets tiring seeing all the gay innuendo in a thread for hockey discussion.

Solo

RDS HD all of a sudden goes off air, and Sportsnet HD is running late because of baseball. FML.

Merguson said:
There's a team willing to take Gomez?

I think there will be since his cap hit drops quite a bit, yes.

Merguson

Banned
Solo said:
RDS HD all of a sudden goes off air, and Sportsnet HD is running late because of baseball. FML.

Oh I see what you mean. His salary drops a bit in the last years but his cap hit always remains the same.

Red_Man

Solo said:

Interesting if price wins its his 100th win and all that stuff solo was talking about and If kipper wins he gets the record for most goaltender wins for a Calgary goalie.

Solo

This is fucking brutal, lol. RDS dies literally 5 minutes before the telecast would begin, and this shitty ass baseball game still has at least half an inning left. Mega rage coming if I miss any of the game.

Red_Man

Puck drop isn't until 7:50 but white just had sports hyernia surgery and is out indefinitely :( our injury count is incredible.

Fei

Connolly is a good signing at $2-2.5M/year. I guess Burke figured he would be on IR for 30-40 games a year anyway, so his cap hit will be appropriate..

Red_Man said:
Puck drop isn't until 7:50 but white just had sports hyernia surgery and is out indefinitely :( our injury count is incredible.
Man, did the entire Hab's defense Corp spend the summer at Sami Salo's Hockey Injury Camp?

Red_Man

SpectreFire said:
Man, did the entire Hab's defense Corp spend the summer at Sami Salo's Hockey Injury Camp?
He's our 4th line grinder but yea our d corps could use a horse or 6 up their ass.

Socreges

Banned
Fei said:
Connolly is a good signing at $2-2.5M/year. I guess Burke figured he would be on IR for 30-40 games a year anyway, so his cap hit will be appropriate..
His cap hit will remain the same. But the Leafs, if Connolly is done for the season, could bring in another player under 'LTIR replacement'.

Pens fans, honest first period analysis please. At the gym and I see 12-3 shots for the Pens?!

Why the fuck is Boudreau still coaching this team? He's obviously lost the team's interest.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Epic Tales of Penis said:
Pens fans, honest first period analysis please. At the gym and I see 12-3 shots for the Pens?!

Why the fuck is Boudreau still coaching this team? He's obviously lost the team's interest.

Our D is just cutting everything off so far. We've had two PP (that's where most of the shots are from) and looked good for 1 1/2 of them but couldn't convert. The game is certainly up for grabs but the Caps need to hustle and get something going. I don't think they've set up once in our zone yet.

Solo

Red_Man said:
Loved the reaction for patches :) hopefully he gets a standing O at some point.

I read on HFBoards that Cammy is wearing a swank fucking tie. Hopefull they show it during the game.

Spire said:
Our D is just cutting everything off so far. We've had two PP (that's where most of the shots are from) and looked good for 1 1/2 of them but couldn't convert. The game is certainly up for grabs but the Caps need to hustle and get something going. I don't think they've set up once in our zone yet.
Thanks dude.

All I need now is a Kunitz goal and this phone gets smashed.

Red_Man

Solo said:
I read on HFBoards that Cammy is wearing a swank fucking tie. Hopefull they show it during the game.
I didnt notice the tie but he got a pretty loud reaction from the fans when he was introduced.

Solo

RDS is still out and Sportnet is trolling me by having hockey listed but showing baseball. Thankfully, I found a stream off HFBoards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom