• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you giving us a PP ref? Especially on a clean check, ugh, soon to be 0 for 14 or 15 (ugh I've lost count with how bad it has been) on the season here.

Kifimbo

Epic Tales of Penis said:
I think that's total BS. You clearly know when you've KOd somebody and the way he skates away clearly shows this.

Yeah, no. It's just like when there is a big hit. Fans cheer and teammates are ecstatic. But if the player hit don't get up and barely moves on the ice, everyone is concerned, including the player who launched the hit.

C Jones

I think that's total BS. You clearly know when you've KOd somebody and the way he skates away clearly shows this.
Haha, yeah he clearly thought he knocked his ass out or else he wouldn't have made the sleeping pose. I'm glad he apologized. I'm also glad he won the fight.

Ah well. I'm ok with the point but the Pens should've won this. So many missed chances.

calder

Wellwood with one of the prettiest goals in Jets history, damn.

I consider Kane's after-the-whistle-allegedly goal legit and the game is tied as far as I'm concerned. Moral victory!

Manics

Banned
As I sat down to take a dump I looked into my underwear and saw a "Great Stain", it reminded me of poor Lars :(

Serious question for Habs fans, was Cole dressed tonight I have him in my pool?

Kifimbo said:
Yeah, no. It's just like when there is a big hit. Fans cheer and teammates are ecstatic. But if the player hit don't get up and barely moves on the ice, everyone is concerned, including the player who launched the hit.
Pens fans in the arena seemed quite happy.

calder

The Habs rookies must be so confused by reaction of fans at the end of the game in Montreal home opener versus in Winnipeg.

Solo

That was an even worse display than the Toronto game. Shameful. The players are more or less the same as the past two years, but the chemistry doesn't seem to be there so far like it was in the past. Once again I am back to my theory that Kirk Muller was the real heart and soul of the team and that letting him walk was the dumbest thing they could have done.

Pros: Eller looked better than ever aside from a bad giveway in the final minute
Cons: everything else pretty much - even Price had a poor game

Solo said:
That was an even worse display than the Toronto game. Shameful. The players are more or less the same, but the chemistry doesn't seem to be there so far. Once again I am back to my theory that Kirk Muller was the real heart and soul of the team and that letting him walk was the dumbest thing they could have done.

Pros: Eller looked better than ever aside from a bad giveway in the final minute
Cons: everything else pretty much - even Price had a poor game
"The Great Stain!!!"

Revenant

vatstep said:
NERD ALERT!

180761d1314393967-funny-strange-random-pics-ogre.jpg

Manics said:
When does this great play ever translate into points? LOL
You know what Solo, I must admit that Manics makes a good point. When I shave my cock and get it hard, it really looks good too. I sit there and admire it from different angles and sometimes even with the foreskin pulled back. I swear man, it looks fantastic.

The bottom line though is if it's not scoring, it just looks like any other random cock.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Nice win for the Wings, back to back shutouts. Howie getting the game he really needed. But god, Detroit's PP is now 0 for 17 I think.

Good win and a shutout for Jimmy which was well deserved after that first period, but I think we have cemented ourselves as having the worst PP in the league at the moment. 0 for 17 so far. Also my prediction of 4-2 Canucks was off but at least I got the 2 goals for the Wings correct.

pringles

Canucks were quite underwhelming, they must have been tired from last night.

Good strong start to the season for Detroit. The defense is looking good and both goaltenders with a shutout this early is a good sign. Some work on the PP to the give the offense a boost is all the team needs right now.

Poor play by the team, but Schneider was outstanding. 35 saves, and none of the goals that went in were his fault. He's definitely a lot more composed than Luongo.

Socreges said:
Canucks being outshot 24-4? The hell? Not able to watch right now, so not sure what's going on.
the canucks got shutout by a non-marquee goaltender and a declining team with an aging core that's getting weaker every day.

hope that helps.

scissorfight said:
the canucks got shutout by a non-marquee goaltender and a declining team with an aging core that's getting weaker every day.

hope that helps.

Patiently awaits Socrege's long and drawn out argument on why this is false.

Manics said:
As I sat down to take a dump I looked into my underwear and saw a "Great Stain", it reminded me of poor Lars :(

Serious question for Habs fans, was Cole dressed tonight I have him in my pool?
Do people just get worse at cleaning their ass as they get older or is it a Leafs fan thing?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Habs outshot out hit and won the majority of face offs against the flames, just one of those games hit two posts and kipper outplayed Carey straight up.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
C Jones said:
Ah well. I'm ok with the point but the Pens should've won this. So many missed chances.

It's so annoying to be the better team out there and still lose. Oh well, we'll take our point and get ready for Buffalo and then another 4-game week.

I'm fine with the Asham thing, it was clearly heat of the moment. He clearly felt differently when he realized he was injured (rapping his stick on the cage in support) and apologizing afterwards.

calder

Buff knows what time it is

Brutal, I'm counting Kane's (the cool one) disallowed goal and also assuming jets were going to score on last faceoff. Jets win 5-4!

Revenant

calder said:
Buff knows what time it is

time to hit the all you can eat buffet before it closes?

EDIT: Nice win Hawks! Came back after an awful start.

D. Carcillo Assist, +2, 4 hits

awesome game, hopefully this is indicative of what we'll see from Carbomb this year.

Marvie_3

Banned
Revenant said:
time to hit the all you can eat buffet before it closes?

EDIT: Nice win Hawks! Came back after an awful start.
I could do without the first 10 minutes of that game but the last 50 were just fine.

Spire said:
It's so annoying to be the better team out there and still lose. Oh well, we'll take our point and get ready for Buffalo and then another 4-game week.
I think the Pens probably were much more pumped for this game and really wanted to beat the Caps. I think they've lost 8 straight at home to the Caps.

Revenant

Marvie_3 said:
I could do without the first 10 minutes of that game but the last 50 were just fine.

Liking a lot of these new hawks, still a a lot of sloppy D though, but some of this will get sorted out as they gel the next 2-3 weeks.

That Bickell-Rat-Frolik line is running wild out there

Carbomb was solid as well and definitely played well with Hoss and Kane. Didn't seem like a third wheel out there.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
I think the Pens probably were much more pumped for this game and really wanted to beat the Caps. I think they've lost 8 straight at home to the Caps.

Well they played about the same as they have in the other games this season, although I'm sure the energy was higher for this one. And yeah, I think this was the 8th straight loss at home. Won't get another shot at it until January.

Marvie_3

Banned
Revenant said:
That Bickell-Rat-Frolik line is running wild out there

Carbomb was solid as well and definitely played well with Hoss and Kane. Didn't seem like a third wheel out there.
That line was really good at the end of last year as well. Glad Q had the sense to put them back together. Kane has been surprisingly good at center. Hossa was awesome tonight. Easily one of the best games he's played as a Blackhawk.

fallout

calder said:
Brutal, I'm counting Kane's (the cool one) disallowed goal and also assuming jets were going to score on last faceoff. Jets win 5-4!
I didn't get to see the game, but I'm going to ignore everything you said before "Jets win 5-4".

Go Jets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom