• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
That was a boring period

Colorado was doing good for the first 5 minutes but then both teams were playing shinny

Montresor said:
Which broadcast was this and what did they say?

Also, god damn is Komisarek playing well.

On Versus, they were talking about how Kessel has 60+ goals the last two years and that in 10 years or so he could pass Mike Modano as the top American scorer in history.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
First thing I see...

KESSSELLLLL!

19-Pop-Champagne.gif

Cactus

Banned
HadesGigas said:
On Versus, they were talking about how Kessel has 60+ goals the last two years and that in 10 years or so he could pass Mike Modano as the top American scorer in history.
10 years is very unlikely. If he stays relatively healthy throughout his career, it's possible he can beat him out eventually.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Dastardly Jerks said:
I hope Giggy gets a win.

Mainly as a pride thing, and mainly so Leafs fans that have been slamming him recently get their just desserts.

He did have a rough time here but let it be known I think there are a lot of Leafs fans who really appreciated him being here. He was a great influence on the young team. Hell Reimer would always talk about how Giggy would help him out.

Heretic

Dastardly Jerks said:
I hope Giggy gets a win.

Mainly as a pride thing, and mainly so Leafs fans that have been slamming him recently get their just desserts.
Same here. Plus he won us the cup. I'll always hold a soft spot for him. I'm happy to see Lupul doing great too.

Montresor

Someone other than Kessel needs to score. Kessel can't carry this team forever. I want to see MacArthur praising the lord on his knees!

Kave_Man said:
He did have a rough time here but let it be known I think there are a lot of Leafs fans who really appreciated him being here. He was a great influence on the young team. Hell Reimer would always talk about how Giggy would help him out.

That's pretty swell to know! Also makes sense considering Reimer and Giggy seem to have a very similar style.

Manics said:
I thought we were buddies man?

Unless you majorly diss Giggy!

Heretic said:
Same here. Plus he won us the cup. I'll always hold a soft spot for him. I'm happy to see Lupul doing great too.

Word. I actually have a tiny (Mighty Ducks) Giggy figure on my desk at work and a larger size one next to my Getzlaf figure at home. Giggy will always be my favourite Ducks goalie, no matter how awesome Hiller is and how great martin Gerber was. And yeah, Lupul is working out terrifically for them, and if his Twitter is anything to go by then he's really thriving on the pressure there and enjoys being a Leaf.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Montresor said:
Someone other than Kessel needs to score. Kessel can't carry this team forever. I want to see MacArthur praising the lord on his knees!

Straight up, I need to see my liege do his thang.

Hell anyone really, we've been top heavy this season so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom