• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once Im done this fucking engineering degree I will launch a full scale attack on: the Pens, leafs, and habs (for their douche fans). Of course since Ottawa is a pile of shit these days, it wont really matter, but fuck it, Im coming at them.

Also fortunate son being the voice of reason? The fuck?

KernelPanic said:
It was real when we met in the playoffs, it's dead now, only alive in the media and on forums where people troll each other.

I agree. It's pretty much dead. There's nothing to it. Just a regular game but those habs vs leafs game are a different story.

Back when they were facing each other in playoffs every year, I think it mattered. Now that they've both kind of fallen out of the playoff picture, I doubt anyone can really get worked up about it that much.

I was going to say this.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The sens/leads rivalry was BS in the sense that it was hard to smack talk

The sens always blew the leafs out in regular season

The leafs always smacked the sens out of the playoffs

It's like no matter what anyone tried to say, it came out awkward

Kuro Madoushi said:
Cause the Sens suck and nobody wants to play for them. Not that I can blame them since Ottawa is such a boring city. I'm sorry. I gave it a chance! It's just so boring and filled with more homeless people per area than Toronto!

Yeah free agents are just lining up to play in Toronto ... Tim Connolly prolly signed so he can have OHIP.

Ottawa is fucking boring but it's a nice quiet place to raise a family. I get a nice 15min drive to work here, I'd lose it spending 2 hours a day on the 401 whiffing exhaust fumes.

FortunateSon said:
I agree. It's pretty much dead. There's nothing to it. Just a regular game but those habs vs leafs game are a different story.

It'll be back if Bettman's divisional playoffs dream comes to fruition.

Kuro Madoushi said:
Cause the Sens suck and nobody wants to play for them. Not that I can blame them since Ottawa is such a boring city. I'm sorry. I gave it a chance! It's just so boring and filled with more homeless people per area than Toronto!

Kanata where the Sens actually play is a boring city. Ottawa on the other hand, is an amazing city. It is a smack to the face of one of my favorite cities in the country to have a team so terrible as the Sens play there.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Simon Belmont said:
Kanata where the Sens actually play is a boring city. Ottawa on the other hand, is an amazing city. It is a smack to the face of one of my favorite cities in the country to have a team so terrible as the Sens play there.
Kanata not being Ottawa is like saying Scarborough is not part of Toronto...

Still boring. Though I will agree less traffic and quieter. What about all the homeless?! I was a bit shocked to see so many! It's not like Toronto has fewer, but it just seemed there were more of them there.

As for free agents...heh...who was the last superstar to sign there and is he playing for them anymore? Sens had a great chance for a cup, and they blew it and they're one of the worst teams in the league. And they have that hoset Chris Neil.

Kuro Madoushi said:
As for free agents...heh...who was the last superstar to sign there and is he playing for them anymore? Sens had a great chance for a cup, and they blew it and they're one of the worst teams in the league. And they have that hoset Chris Neil.

Since when is free agents an indicator of team success ? We drafted most of our talent, we didn't need to sign anyone, nor could we afford it, we lost players like Chara due to the cap.

Yeah maybe we blew in '07, we were up against a good Anaheim team. We still came a lot closer than the Leafs :)

Chris Neil is one of those players you love when he's playing for your team. Ironically Burke tried to sign him a few years ago, I guess he's not that bad if your almighty GM is willing to throw money at him :)

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Aww, I missed out on the Habs/Leafs orgy in here. Not that I could have joined in, I might have been able to help though. Refill wine glasses, pass out more lube, that kind of thing.

Simon Belmont said:

Easy...Ottawa just recently started becoming shit. It was a combination of the lockout and the idiotic decision to keep Redden over Chara that lead to the sens current state. The team Ottawa would have had during the lockout was an absolute juggernaut. Hasek was less injury prone, Hossa/Havlat/Alfie/Fisher/Redden/Chara/Spezza all at, or entering their prime, and great secondary scoring.

Fei

Buba Big Guns said:
Easy...Ottawa just recently started becoming shit. It was a combination of the lockout and the idiotic decision to keep Redden over Chara that lead to the sens current state. The team Ottawa would have had during the lockout was an absolute juggernaut. Hasek was less injury prone, Hossa/Havlat/Alfie/Fisher/Redden/Chara/Spezza all at, or entering their prime, and great secondary scoring.

Ottawa did have a fantastic team coming out of the lockout. I just remember losing to them over and over and over. I can't believe they didn't have more playoff success than they did.

CCF23

alexthekid said:
Can someone educate me about Stubhub? Why is it considered safe? How do you know that the tix are real?

I've used them many times and know people that have received fake tickets and they've dealt with it promptly. I have never received fake tickets when buying through stubhub. It makes little to no sense for people to put fakes on Stubhub, because if the tickets don't end up working, I'm pretty sure Stubhub takes the money back from the seller (to sell on SH you need to register a credit card).

Basically, what happens is if you somehow end up with fake tickets from Stubhub, they will try and scramble to get you replacements that are as good or better than the ones you ordered before the event starts. If they can't, they will refund your money 100%.

CCF23 said:
I've used them many times and know people that have received fake tickets and they've dealt with it promptly. I have never received fake tickets when buying through stubhub. It makes little to no sense for people to put fakes on Stubhub, because if the tickets don't end up working, I'm pretty sure Stubhub takes the money back from the seller (to sell on SH you need to register a credit card).

Basically, what happens is if you somehow end up with fake tickets from Stubhub, they will try and scramble to get you replacements that are as good or better than the ones you ordered before the event starts. If they can't, they will refund your money 100%.
Thanks! How do you know that they are fake before getting there? It seems like some of them are downloadable? That suggest only a barcode couldn't it just be used by the seller. I understand it when you say that it makes no sense since the seller wont get any money but im just afraid of standing in the entrance with friends and not being let in after a long trip.

CCF23

alexthekid said:
Thanks! How do you know that they are fake before getting there? It seems like some of them are downloadable? That suggest only a barcode couldn't it just be used by the seller. I understand it when you say that it makes no sense since the seller wont get any money but im just afraid of standing in the entrance with friends and not being let in after a long trip.

That's the only major issue. You don't really know until you try and use the tickets at the door. If it's not an insanely high demand game, though, a quick phone call to them from the venue and they should be able to get you another set of tickets before the event starts if you get there a bit early.

CCF23 said:
That's the only major issue. You don't really know until you try and use the tickets at the door. If it's not an insanely high demand game, though, a quick phone call to them from the venue and they should be able to get you another set of tickets before the event starts if you get there a bit early.
Ah that sounds great! I will try to get to as many games as possible this year and buying tickets from the box offices is just to expensive.

alexthekid said:
Ah that sounds great! I will try to get to as many games as possible this year and buying tickets from the box offices is just to expensive.

Have you also tried the ticketmaster exchange on each teams site? When you go to look at tickets on their site you click tickets and then you can choose box office or ticket exchange. Ticket exchange is people reselling their tickets and many times for less money. Those are guaranteed to work though since you have to print them out and it prints out the ticket with your name instead of the other person's name. I've used stubhub twice last season though and everything was fine.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Have you also tried the ticketmaster exchange on each teams site? When you go to look at tickets on their site you click tickets and then you can choose box office or ticket exchange. Ticket exchange is people reselling their tickets and many times for less money. Those are guaranteed to work though since you have to print them out and it prints out the ticket with your name instead of the other person's name. I've used stubhub twice last season though and everything was fine.
I had no idea it existed, I will keep my eyes open the next time i'm buying, thanks!

Manics

Banned
Buba Big Guns said:
Once Im done this fucking engineering degree I will launch a full scale attack on: the Pens, leafs, and habs (for their douche fans). Of course since Ottawa is a pile of shit these days, it wont really matter, but fuck it, Im coming at them.

Also fortunate son being the voice of reason? The fuck?
So childish dude, I thought engineers were good people? It's only hockey after all.

Manics

Banned
FortunateSon said:
Lmao! My dad was a huge leaf fan and I always ended up watching the leafs since I was young with my dad and it just carried on from there, never cared for the habs!

As well as my cousins who live in Ottawa (lots of them), they will always come over and we'd watch leafs/senators games together and the rivalry just got stronger between Ottawa and Toronto and that made my love for the leafs grow as well!

How much I miss almo, Corson, Tucker, hoglund, roberts, Reichel, Svehla, Berezin.

Good times indeed!

I know, it sucks! :(
Those are the Leafs you remember as a kid? How old are you 16?

Solo

Forza, there wil be Danish anal beads in that Eller fan club pack.

Manics said:
So childish dude, I thought engineers were good people? It's only hockey after all.

Solo is an engineer. Let that sway your opinion one way or the other.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Manics said:

I have known quite a few engineers and just like everything else you got your good ones and you got you bad ones.

Also I just got up a little while and read the last few pages. Good stuff!

Solo

*brofist*

My science and applied science Habs bros!

And a bonus picture of Crosby and Pierre's Christmas card for Alucard:

lAuhg.jpg

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Solo said:
*brofist*

My science and applied science Habs bros!

And a bonus picture of Crosby and Pierre's Christmas card for Alucard:

lAuhg.jpg

:lol

Reports are that Cammy could be back later this week.

Solo

YESSSSSS
Hoping he can get back in for Thursday's game against the Pens. Dude FEASTS on the Pens. Something like 11 goals in his last 11 games against Pitt. But I'm guessing Saturday vs the Leafs is more likely.

Solo

Actually, RDS says Cammy took practice today!

/HEART!

Practice lines:

Cammalleri/Eller-Plekanec-Cole
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Kostitsyn
Moen-Gomez-Gionta
Darche-Engqvist-Palushaj

Subban-Gorges
Diaz-Gill
Weber-Emelin

I see Gorges has been given the task of cleaning up PK's mistakes, lolz

Winnipeggers realize they were better off without hockey.

WINNIPEG—After hosting the first game of the newly relocated Winnipeg Jets last week, Winnipeg residents realized they have actually lost all interest in hockey in the 15 years since they last had an NHL team and in fact now despise the sport. “It was nice of them to think of us when they were moving the team, but when we look back on all those years we watched this dumb sport, it’s just embarrassing,” said local man Bobby Dolan, cringing at the sight of a Jets logo. “I checked out about half a period before I realized how much better my life has been without hockey.” As of press time, the Winnipeg-based investors who bought the team had left the deed to their arena and all of their 23 players with a sleeping homeless man curled up on a sidewalk.

http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/citizens-of-winnipeg-realize-they-hate-hockey-now,26361/

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
If something awful happens and the Pens somehow wind up being the first team to lose to the Jets, I will kill myself. If things are looking bad after the second period, one of you should probably go ahead and call an ambulance.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
@pghpenguins Pittsburgh Penguins
Tyler Kennedy didn't skate this morning. According to #Pens Bylsma: Kennedy is suffering from concussion like symptoms. Will be re-evaluated

Scratch what I said before, I'm killing myself right now.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Spire said:
If something awful happens and the Pens somehow wind up being the first team to lose to the Jets, I will kill myself. If things are looking bad after the second period, one of you should probably go ahead and call an ambulance.

I really feel that the Leafs are going to be the first team to lose to them.

Something just feels like it will happen. :(

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
SuperSonic1305 said:
Will Colorado start glass groin Giguere tonight so Kessel can score 4 easy goals?

Giguere is starting!

Kave_Man said:
I really feel that the Leafs are going to be the first team to lose to them.

Something just feels like it will happen. :(

Don't jinx it! I'll be at the game!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm not an engineer unfortunately, but I'm doing studies in Industrial and Organizational Psychology, and maybe Sports Psychology, so I remain somewhat educated :lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom