• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

imBask

Banned
what are you talking about?

Look at all this personality:

kessel-laugh-o.gif

god damn everytime I see this gif I cringe, even as a habs fan I feel bad at how awkward this is

MAKE IT STOP

Acid08

Banned
Yeah, you know, giving it 101%, uh, just playing hard for the team, uh, gotta do better next time, uh, everyone knows what they need to do, uh...
Have to, uh, get more pucks to the net and, uh, they're a really good team so you have to play, ummm, hard against them.

Samyy

Have to, uh, get more pucks to the net and, uh, they're a really good team so you have to play, ummm, hard against them.

And you know we uh just gotta get the cycle going again and uh get back and play some D and you know just play our game uh

Yeah, you know, giving it 101%, uh, just playing hard for the team, uh, gotta do better next time, uh, everyone knows what they need to do, uh...

And you know we uh just gotta get the cycle going again and uh get back and play some D and you know just play our game uh

haha, you know, whatever, don't worry about it

Socreges

Banned
Canada doesn't really have that old, grizzled vet that everyone looks up to who's seen it all but can still play top minutes. The guy who, when he stands up in the locker room but doesn't say anything, it takes 3 seconds for everyone to shut up and listen.

Toews is probably the best we'll get. They'll probably laugh at him behind his back, but they'll know his heart is in the right place so I think it'd work.

I don't know enough about Staal as a leader. But I think that'll probably be their choice.

Fuck Crosby.

Acid08

Banned
Canada doesn't really have that old, grizzled vet that everyone looks up to who's seen it all but can still play top minutes. The guy who, when he stands up in the locker room but doesn't say anything, it takes 3 seconds for everyone to shut up and listen.

Toews is probably the best we'll get. They'll probably laugh at him behind his back, but they'll know his heart is in the right place so I think it'd work.

I don't know enough about Staal as a leader. But I think that'll probably be their choice.

Fuck Crosby.
This is pretty homerish but Dan Boyle is pretty much that guy. Of course there's no guarantee he'll make the team though.

imBask

Banned

Fuck Crosby.

what about
Lou

and to be honest the Crosby hate is kinda old, he's still gonna be the #1 center for good reasons. crosby-stamkos-toews-bergeron center line gives me multiple boner at the same time

imBask

Banned
ee572173-ce7a-4141-9946-b7c4205d52df_zps038046a4.jpg

How is this possible?

fuck this team. We have to wait and pay for 10-15 years in order to get season ticket in Montreal, I think Toronto has the same problem

seriously I don't care about the "we need to reach more people with hockey" thing, these people don't care and it's an embarrassement for this sport

Samyy

I am sorry but there are other cities that could better support a team
Its just sad

Are they losing a lot of money? How much longer can this really go on.

So what is that, 287 a seat for the season? Jersey costs about 150 or so. fuck man, I almost want to do that haha. There was a guy in Vancouver last year who did it, went to a game and got to sit in the President's box.

Socreges

Banned
This is pretty homerish but Dan Boyle is pretty much that guy. Of course there's no guarantee he'll make the team though.
I'm thinking it's likely he won't.

what about
Lou

and to be honest the Crosby hate is kinda old, he's still gonna be the #1 center for good reasons. crosby-stamkos-toews-bergeron center line gives me multiple boner at the same time
I just would hate if they gave him the C.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
ee572173-ce7a-4141-9946-b7c4205d52df_zps038046a4.jpg

How is this possible?

Just did the math. That's equal in value, for the entire season plus all the extra junk, to 3 and a half of my Rangers tickets. :D

Or, like, a jersey, one ticket, and maybe a stop at Daily Burger.

Jesus, Florida.

imBask

Banned
The captain has to be someone who commands a lot of respect from his teammates.

i'm seriously not a Crosby fanboy, I used to hate him too for being a whiner, but the guy isn't Sean Avery. He'll be wearing the C on the basis that he's the best player in the world, 99% sure of it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So what is that, 287 a seat for the season? Jersey costs about 150 or so. fuck man, I almost want to do that haha. There was a guy in Vancouver last year who did it, went to a game and got to sit in the President's box.

287 for season ticket AND a jersey? For that price you barely get a jersey in Vancouver. Or 2 tickets in the nosebleeds.

Fuck that.

Socreges

Banned
i'm seriously not a Crosby fanboy, I used to hate him too for being a whiner, but the guy isn't Sean Avery. He'll be wearing the C on the basis that he's the best player in the world, 99% sure of it.
Previous three Olympics captains:

36 y.o. Neidermayer
37 y.o. Sakic
36 y.o. Lemieux

But you're entitled to your opinion. None of us know who they'll choose. Even they probably don't know yet. But given history and current circumstances, I don't think they'll choose Crosby. And I definitely think they shouldn't.

Maybe Crosby's mangled jaw, coupled with his face pubes, make him grizzled enough now, though.

He didn't even get a letter in 2010 and he was still the best player in the world back then.

He might get an A this season, but St. Louis will absolutely get the C if he makes the team.Team Canada is severely lacking grizzled vets this season and they'll be looking to letter up the few they have left.

Not to mention Crosby wasn't wasn't exactly lights out in Vancouver. Hell, he played pretty shit given the expectations coming in.

Quick

Banned
He didn't even get a letter in 2010 and he was still the best player in the world back then.

He might get an A this season, but St. Louis will absolutely get the C if he makes the team.Team Canada is severely lacking grizzled vets this season and they'll be looking to letter up the few they have left.

Not to mention Crosby wasn't wasn't exactly lights out in Vancouver. Hell, he played pretty shit given the expectations coming in.

He got a letter in 2010, Spectre. He was the third A, so he only had it for around half the Olympics.

Ovechkin_Crosby_Olympics_2010.jpg

Wasn't Crosby on Canada's top line? I would think that teams would put their top defense pair on him. It's not really an excuse for not performing, but it could be a reason.

I am a bit surprised at the lack of older players on the invite list. Besides Boyle and St. Louis there aren't that many "grizzled vets" on the roster. Maybe they want to wait and see how Brodeur, Iginla, etc. play this upcoming season.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Crosby is the whiniest bitch n the NHL no way he should lead the team, and guys won't follow him but I expect him to still be given it. Toews really seems like the best choice IMO. Going to grab a Team Canada Subban jersey, any idea when they'll release the design?

Samyy

Crosby is the whiniest bitch n the NHL no way he should lead the team, and guys won't follow him but I expect him to still be given it. Toews really seems like the best choice IMO. Going to grab a Team Canada Subban jersey, any idea when they'll release the design?

Perhaps along with the other olympic gear?
Probably available in the holiday season, I forget last time.

Top Bottom