• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

TUSR

Banned
I just looked over the roster for team Canada.

My two cents for captaincy: Weber, Toews, Crosby seem like the front runners to me.

Im also a huge Ladd fan, but I doubt he makes the team.

Haven't even browsed this thread since the Glendale Council Meeting. It just hurts so bad. Wish the Stars had 287 season tickets with free parking. Dont want a jersey, not supporting that garbage.

Quick

Banned
And speaking of the Team USA jerseys, I'm hoping they keep this:

44950.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Might get a Patches U.S.A. one, its better then having home jerseys for all my favourite players seeing as I'm not a fan of buying away jerseys for primary players.

I still keep telling myself that I'll get a Getzlaf 2010 Team Canada jersey someday.

I guess if I didn't pick one up in Vancouver then I probably never will.

Think I'll just set my eyes on a Selanne Mighty Ducks RBK jersey. Or whatever jersey comes out from the LA/Anaheim outdoor game.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm considering getting a Weber Swiss jersey for maximum Canucks applicability. Finally a Swiss player on the team. At least for a bit...

Smiley90

At least you'll always be the only Canucks fan with a Weber jersey.

I'll be the only Canucks fan noticing him too, probably. Given that he's a right-handed OFD, I have high hopes he'll at least start on the team, because we need a second RHD for our powerplay. And he's at least offensively better than Tanev, so he should have a shot at that.

Red_Man

I'll be the only hockey fan noticing him too, probably.
FTFY.

He's a good guy and I hope he finds his place with the Canucks, but aside from his shot, he's spectacularly average- below average. Hopefully he can make the team permanent after sitting for all of last season without complaining and pick up his game again, he was on a good path at one point.

Socreges

Banned
I'll be the only Canucks fan noticing him too, probably. Given that he's a right-handed OFD, I have high hopes he'll at least start on the team, because we need a second RHD for our powerplay. And he's at least offensively better than Tanev, so he should have a shot at that.
I think he'll rotate with Corrado for that 6th slot. He'll probably play a fair bit, though, once Bieksa and Edler inevitably get injured.

Red_Man said:
He's a good guy and I hope he finds his place with the Canucks, but aside from his shot, he's spectacular
Well that's good to hear at least

Smiley90

FTFY.

He's a good guy and I hope he finds his place with the Canucks, but aside from his shot, he's spectacularly average- below average. Hopefully he can make the team permanent after sitting for all of last season without complaining and pick up his game again, he was on a good path at one point.

I sure hope so.

Also, I just realized you signed Andrighetto to a 3 year ELC. Good, good. That's your third round pick from this year, FYI. Nearly 2PPG in the QMJHL regular season and >1PPG the Junior World Championships, > 2PPG in the QMJHL playoffs. Hope he gets a fair chance... -looks at Niederreiter-

I think he'll rotate with Corrado for that 6th slot. He'll probably play a fair bit, though, once Bieksa and Edler inevitably get injured.

That sounds about right.

Well that's good to hear at least
Corrado will either be a permanent 6th dman or he'll be in Utica. None of this half the season bullshit.

Red_Man

I sure hope so.

Also, I just realized you signed Andrighetto to a 3 year ELC. Good, good. That's your third round pick from this year, FYI. Nearly 2PPG in the QMJHL regular season and the Junior World Championships, > 2PPG in the QMJHL playoffs. Hope he gets a fair chance... -looks at Niederreiter-
Yea, I'm pretty excited about him, an over ager I believe but everything I've read from scouts has said he is really under appreciate and undervalued, he'll be playing Hamilton this year so I'm excited to see him perform. Apparently the Avs wanted him based on Roy's recommendation because he's coached against him so much, and believes he'll be a good player.

I wonder if Brunner will be on team Swiss, I didn't think he played for them last Olympics but maybe I'm wrong. Speaking of which he is still a UFA. :*(

After spending a small part of this morning looking at pictures of anti-gay protesters bashing homosexual activists in Russia, I'm kind've hoping they never even medal.

Actually, I hope they fucking suck.

And I'm also glad that Igor Bobkov is the only Russian in the Ducks system. And he's a mediocre AHL goalie that's standing behind 3 elite goalies.

Smiley90

But i thought you were the Cake Boss :(

After spending a small part of this morning looking at pictures of anti-gay protesters bashing homosexual activists in Russia, I'm kind've hoping they never even medal.

And I'm also glad that Igor Bobkov is the only Russian in the Ducks system. And he's a mediocre AHL goalie that's standing behind 3 elite goalies.

I find it kind of funny how you have aomething against an entire country based on a few homophobic/idiotic individuals. Mind I remind you what country Anaheim is in?

Hint: the same country Florida, Georgia and Arizona are in.

Never cheer against Datsyuk!

See, everyone wants to come to Detroit.

I find it kind of funny how you have aomething against an entire country based on a few homophobic/idiotic individuals. Mind I remind you what country Anaheim is in?

The Best Country Ever, 'MERICA!!!

Acid08

Banned

The pious Swiss, here to look down on us all.

Red_Man

You do realize how ignorant and intolerant huge parts of the US still are right? It's always a bit of a culture shock for me going down south to see family.

Smiley90

I was just trying to save Alfie :(

John Oliver on Detroit last night was pretty good, 58minutes on average for the police to respond in Detroit, Nation wide its 11min on average.

I haven't watched the Daily Show since Stewart left. Is Oliver decent?

EDIT: I'm way too drunk for 6pm on a Tuesday. I feel like Desi.

Cake Boss

Banned
I haven't watched the Daily Show since Stewart left. Is Oliver decent?

EDIT: I'm way too drunk for 6pm on a Tuesday. I feel like Desi.

Actually pretty good, wouldnt be surprised if Comedy gives him his own show the same way they gave one to Colbert when Stewart comes back.

Hey now Smelly, S. Fla =|= rest of Fla.

Sem Edit: As someone living in GA I can affirm how backwards this place is.

Solo

Don't you have $7 dollar season tickets to be buying, Dubbed?

I've spent more money on a SINGLE Habs ticket than you can spend on 42 Panthers games. Get fucked!

Smiley90

Don't you have $7 dollar season tickets to be buying, Dubbed?

I've spent more money on a SINGLE Habs ticket than you can spend on 42 Panthers games. Get fucked!

I spent more money on a single jersey than a season ticket AND a jersey costs in florida

Red_Man

As much as it sucks to see Florida selling tickets for cheaper then beer, that's sick for legit panther fans, I'm mad jelly.

This just made my day. Here is the letter O'reilly's dad sent to the Denver post during the contract dispute that they are making fun of, if you haven't read it. Link
radardiscjpa9d.png
Goddamn that's some salt. Funny, but salty to the max.

I'm emotional because I'm a huge advocate for gay rights.

And as far as I know, America haven't made it illegal to be homosexual or "to spread homosexual propoganda" and actively prosecute those that do.

Russia is amazingly behind the times, even moreso than backwards middle America.

Also, like I give a shit where Anaheim is or where the team plays. I like the team for the team, not the location. The only affiliation I have with it is caring about how far Heretic is located to Honda Centre so he can see games.

You do realize how ignorant and intolerant huge parts of the US still are right? It's always a bit of a culture shock for me going down south to see family.

Very aware. They also really hate women for some reason.

Red_Man

Marvie_3

Banned
But i thought you were the Cake Boss :(

Nice job generalizing there. A+ effort.

I'm emotional because I'm a huge advocate for gay rights.

And as far as I know, America haven't made it illegal to be homosexual or "to spread homosexual propoganda" and actively prosecute those that do.

Russia is amazingly behind the times, even moreso than backwards middle America.

Also, like I give a shit where Anaheim is or where the team plays. I like the team for the team, not the location. The only affiliation I have with it is caring about how far Heretic is located to Honda Centre so he can see games.

Very aware. They also really hate women for some reason.
They would if they could. Thankfully that shit would never fly here.

Hunter S.

This just made my day. Here is the letter Ryan's dad sent to the Denver post during the contract dispute that they are making fun of, if you haven't read it. Link
radardiscjpa9d.png
Lulz, that surprises me most Denver fans seem to be all Woooooooo!!! all the time and rarely criticize. That is why Roy loves this list w pressure place.

Samyy

If they legalize gay marriage in the States all the poor conservatives gonna try to move to Canada again.

Cause we so conservative up here.

Marvie_3

Banned
If they legalize gay marriage in the States all the poor conservatives gonna try to move to Canada again.

Cause we so conservative up here.
No they won't. They'll throw a fit and then move on to their next misinterpreted from the bible talking point.

Top Bottom