• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

calder

JETS ARE PLAYING TERRIBLE, KANE SUCKS, PASQUAL IS FRENCH, THEY SHOULD BE RELOCATED TO PHOENIX.

2-0 Jets, pretty sloppy game.

Well, no one* doubts the Phoenix market could support two teams, may be worth a shot. Certainly it's between AZ and Toronto in terms of getting a second franchise.

2-2? Is that Pasquale? Outright release during intermission pls Chevy.

*Gary Bettman

Samyy

Wait, really? Was the the OGBA or the SP? That sounds terrible.

OGBA, was always jealous of kids and their damn backlight. Discretely playing games at night was damn impossible!

fC4pmxe.jpg

Heres a picture of it, annoys me to no end.

Parch

Slow and sloppy. Shouldn't expect more from the first exhibition game.

Those shallow nets might be a bigger factor than they expected. I can see some players really taking advantage of the wraparound.
You make Gretzky's office bigger, they'll find a way to exploit.

ZeroGravity

Those shallow nets might be a bigger factor than they expected. I can see some players really taking advantage of the wraparound.
And then coaches find a way to defend it. Happens with everything.

Fucking Crosby will make a killing.

Marvie_3

Banned
OGBA, was always jealous of kids and their damn backlight. Discretely playing games at night was damn impossible!

Heres a picture of it, annoys me to no end.

That part of the GBA pops off. You can get cheap replacements online that don't say Toys R Us.

Parch

And then coaches find a way to defend it. Happens with everything.
Not just the wraparounds and passing lanes. Pursuit around the net. Using the net as a pick. It's not just playmakers, forecheckers gain an advantage. It'll help the offence in a variety of ways, but I guess that's the point.

calder

Yep. I don't bother much with preseason games at the best of times, ie the end of camp, but the first few preseason games are pretty tough to watch. I actually stopped watching this one shortly after Kane's second goal.

The only real takeaways I have from this exhibition is a) Trouba looked a bit overmatched, not a huge surprise but maybe it's good for everyone to rein in expectations for him this year a bit and b) perhaps Kane/Scheifele/Setoguchi can turn into an actually effective second line, which would be so fucking huge for the Jets.

Edit: or as my brothers saw it...

2013-09-1420.40.07irk2m.png

Top Bottom