• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

Acid08

Banned
Sooooo... anyone else getting hyped for Pokemon? Looks damn good.
Definitely excited for it. Haven't played a Pokemon since Diamond so I feel like the Pokemon fatigue has worn off.

Real question is: are you dudes picking the guy or girl trainer?

zedge

Hey guys, look who I met today.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1234798_10153251426625174_50828359_n.jpg[/im]

*checks off a childhood dream*[/QUOTE]
Awesome. Met him a couple times here. He's sure looking old now.

I remember as a kid during the hey day of stampede wrestling seeing all these guys around town. Dynamite kid, honky tonk man, bad news brown, to me a few lol. Owen Hart used to come to my school and teach wrestling. (real wrestling).

Samyy

pre-ordered since E3. Probably THE most anticipated game of the year for me. So hyped.

Is it day one digital on the e-shop?

Definitely excited for it. Haven't played a Pokemon since Diamond so I feel like the Pokemon fatigue has worn off.

Real question is: are you dudes picking the guy or girl trainer?

Oh wow since Diamond? No Heart Gold/Soul Silver??!
I've never picked the girl so I might this time.

Heretic

Hey guys, look who I met today.
1234798_10153251426625174_50828359_n.jpg

*checks off a childhood dream*
That's pretty awesome!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Have they said what the differences are? I only choose Y because of my blind loyalty to red versions.

Mega Mewtwo X is Psychic/Fighting, while the other one is just Psychic. X has increased attack, Y has increased Sp. Attack. I think that's all we know?

EDIT: creepy how similar our posts are, ZG.

Quick

Banned
That ice is huge. The OHL doesn't play on that wide a surface, or has it seriously been so long since I've seen a game?

Acid08

Banned
Mega Mewtwo X is Psychic/Fighting, Mega Mewtwo Y is just Psychic. Don't know how their stats differ yet though.

Mega Mewtwo X is Psychic/Fighting, while the other one is just Psychic. X has increased attack, Y has increased Sp. Attack. I think that's all we know?

EDIT: creepy how similar our posts are, ZG.
Thanks guys. Not planning on using Mewtwo at all so meeeeeh. No info on other differences between versions?

Also have they said whether Charizard is still Fire/Flying or not? They ruined him by adding Flying to his type.

Smiley90

Thanks guys. Not planning on using Mewtwo at all so meeeeeh. No info on other differences between versions?

Also have they said whether Charizard is still Fire/Flying or not? They ruined him by adding Flying to his type.

It's still Fire/Flying, also in its mega evo, yeah. Mega Ampharos is a dragon, which is pretty cool.

Not much talk in terms of version differences except for Mewtwo and the mascot legendaries yet, no. There probably will be if Black City/White Treehollow is any indication, but we'll see.

Merguson

Banned
Are these preseason rules (hybrid icing, shallower nets) going to be seen during the regular season?

I think the shallower nets are already implemented for the NHL.

Hybrid Icing is being tested during the pre-season and they'll decide whether they want it for the regular season or not.

Dr.Acula

Banned
That ice is huge. The OHL doesn't play on that wide a surface, or has it seriously been so long since I've seen a game?

Maybe it's because the arena is so small the camera is lower to the ice? Certainly seems like they have more room out there though.

Erdrick

Glad Ovechkin was ok after that high stick. Scary looking... Great pk by the Jets for the resulting 4 min penalty though.

Acid08

Banned
It's still Fire/Flying, also in its mega evo, yeah. Mega Ampharos is a dragon, which is pretty cool.

Not much talk in terms of version differences except for Mewtwo and the mascot legendaries yet, no. There probably will be if Black City/White Treehollow is any indication, but we'll see.
Well fuck. Looks like I'll be choosing the new fire starter instead of Charmander. Will probably get Bulbasaur of the originals then.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I think the shallower nets are already implemented for the NHL.

Hybrid Icing is being tested during the pre-season and they'll decide whether they want it for the regular season or not.

I love Cassie Campbell's interview with that hockey dude going over the new rules. It'll be sure to benefit "Oh-fensive players in the oh-fensive zone." Dat Canadian accent.

Smiley90

Well fuck. Looks like I'll be choosing the new fire starter instead of Charmander. Will probably get Bulbasaur of the originals then.

the new fire starter sucks. :p

Chespin > Froakie >>> Fennekin.

And yes, I know the 2nd stage of Chespin looks... odd. keeping that off here to avoid spoilers though.

I think we should spoiler pokemon posts for Coldplay? :(

I figured mega&starters wasn't TOO spoiler-ish. I'll make sure to keep pictures/2nd stage/fossils (-coughcough- awesome fossils -coughcough-) off here though.

Samyy

Okay, I'll probably get whatever version my friend doesn't get. This will be the first time having only one other person I know buying the game, no one hopping on dat 3DS wagon.

Acid08

Banned
the new fire starter sucks. :p

Chespin > Froakie >>> Fennekin.

And yes, I know the 2nd stage of Chespin looks... odd. keeping that off here to avoid spoilers though.
Ugh I always pick the fire starter though :(

The starters have all been terrible since Diamond/Pearl though.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Hybrid icing is bad, look at that play.

They should have auto icing, that hybrid was so lame, why not let it play out, they were both there anyway. The puck bounced back across the line for crying out loud!

Smiley90

Ugh I always pick the fire starter though :(

The starters have all been terrible since Diamond/Pearl though.

Snivy was badass, what you talking about.

Gen 3 and 4 had awful starters. Gen 5 had decent ones.

My view might be tainted because I didn't actually PLAY gens 3 and 4. Red, Yellow, Gold, .................... White 2.

Samyy

Gen 3 and 4 had awful starters. Gen 5 had decent ones.

My view might be tainted because I didn't actually PLAY gens 3 and 4. Red, Yellow, Gold, .................... White 2.

Torchic and Mudkip (gen3) were pretty okay. I probably don't have as high standards for this though then most other people probably do. Gen 3 was also my favourite, I think I played through it close to 4 times over the years, when I was a kid and didn't understand Pokemon's "end game".

Acid08

Banned
Gen 3 had good starters but it was foreshadowing the coming of the shit era. That's when a lot of the non-starter Pokemon they were designing became more and more stupid as well.

Red, Yellow, Silver, Ruby, Leaf Green, and Diamond(bleh) for me.

Samyy

Don Cherry is Grandpa Simpson old. He just told a story about a sandwich.

Is there a stream online for this game?

I need to find a leaf green/fire red. Haven't played the originals since I had it on my good old Gameboy Pocket, my first console ;_: good times. I also hope they remake gen 3 soon since I stupidly gave away my cartridge to a younger cousin and he lost it.

Acid08

Banned
Is there a stream online for this game?

I need to find a leaf green/fire red. Haven't played the originals since I had it on my good old Gameboy Pocket, my first console ;_: good times.
FR/LG are amazing remakes of the originals. All the Gen 3 stuff wrapped in a nostalgia blanket.

A friend and I still battle a couple times a week on our GBA's; using a link cable regularly keeps you humble.

Samyy

FR/LG are amazing remakes of the originals. All the Gen 3 stuff wrapped in a nostalgia blanket.

A friend and I still battle a couple times a week on our GBA's; using a link cable regularly keeps you humble.

Oh shit I never owned a link cable. Shit looked so cool back then though :(
My GBA was crap in hindsight, I got it from Toys R Us and it had their stupid logo on the top. Wish I had a regular one that I could keep on my shelf :/.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
The following is the list of players headed to London, Ontario and Toronto for preseason games against the Toronto Maple Leafs tomorrow and Monday.

Players not listed will stay here in Philadelphia, practice Sunday and will be eligible to play Monday night against Washington at the Wells Fargo Center.

Goalies: Steve Mason,Anthony Stolarz,Cal Heeter

Defensemen: Mark Alt, Bruno Gervais, Hal Gill, Erik Gustafsson, Nicklas Grossmann, Oliver Lauridsen, Andrej Meszaros, Luke Schenn

Forwards: Brandon Alderson, Tyler Brown, Doug Clarkson, Adam Hall, Scott Hartnell, Ben Holmstrom, Scott Laughton,Tye McGinn, Matt Read, Zac Rinaldo, Brayden Schenn, Max Talbot, Nick Cousins, Rob Bordson, Marcel Noebels, Jay Rosehill

It begins. :eek:

Acid08

Banned
Oh shit I never owned a link cable. Shit looked so cool back then though :(
My GBA was crap in hindsight, I got it from Toys R Us and it had their stupid logo on the top. Wish I had a regular one that I could keep on my shelf :/.
Wait, really? Was the the OGBA or the SP? That sounds terrible.

calder

Was out and missed the first, but I heard it was typical preseason shit with sloppy play, zero passes made and new line mates. From what I've seen the second as been alright.

Quick

Banned
Was out and missed the first, but I heard it was typical preseason shit with sloppy play, zero passes made and new line mates. From what I've seen the second as been alright.

JETS ARE PLAYING TERRIBLE, KANE SUCKS, PASQUAL IS FRENCH, THEY SHOULD BE RELOCATED TO PHOENIX.

2-0 Jets, pretty sloppy game.

Top Bottom