• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Boullion has looked good this game but Tinordi > Murray easily. Murray can't even skate into people until they've already passed the puck two seconds earlier.
Yea, if Tinordi doesn't take Murray's spot by November I'll be pissed, unless Murray miraculously picks up his play in the next month.

Welp, besides Tootoo, Cleary, and Sammy, I liked what I saw from the few vets that played and from the young kids. I have to say our future looks bright with these kids. Now to see how that 2nd line does tomorrow.

And I also forgot how bad the Pens announcers were.

Barlow sets up Kopecky for a goal. DAT EUROVISION LINE.

Big surprise is Weegar, our 7th round pick this year, doing very well. Also has an assist and is top pairing with Kulikov.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Moen, Boullion, Murray, and Desharnais all need to gtfo of Montreal. Briere looked good and won most of his face offs tonight.

None of the kids stood out aside from Tinordi who looks like an NHL regular and Leblanc.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Good: Moore, Kreider, Talbot
Bad: Humps that won't be making the team, PP, offense

Long way to go

I'd throw Henrik and Richards onto the good pile too. I mean, you expect Henrik to be good, but it's still nice to see him come out with a strong performance in the preseason opener.

I liked that it felt like the team was trying to get to the net more, so that's a step in the right direction. Also, points for Dominic Moore, Kristo, and Hrivik.

Still absolutely no finish, though, and chemistry has a loooong way to go. Of course, most of these lines aren't likely to be playing together for real anyway. Thought Falk looked pretty weak on D.

Well, tomorrow's another day. Looking forward to seeing Brass and Zucc's top line, not to mention Lindberg and Fast.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I signed up for hockeystreams, all the free streams I found were shit quality.

Almquist, Tatar, Dekeyser and Kindl have all been good. Cleary and Sammy suck. Datsyuk and Zetterberg look great but I'm not sold on Abdelkader on that line. Would be interesting to see Tatar with them.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH MAN

Like Babcock would ever do that. He has to have one guy on each line who scraps in the corners and can be a body in front of the net. It's why Abby and Cleary are on the PP.

I'd throw Henrik and Richards onto the good pile too. I mean, you expect Henrik to be good, but it's still nice to see him come out with a strong performance in the preseason opener.

I liked that it felt like the team was trying to get to the net more, so that's a step in the right direction. Also, points for Dominic Moore, Kristo, and Hrivik.

Still absolutely no finish, though, and chemistry has a loooong way to go. Of course, most of these lines aren't likely to be playing together for real anyway. Thought Falk looked pretty weak on D.

Well, tomorrow's another day. Looking forward to seeing Brass and Zucc's top line, not to mention Lindberg and Fast.

Like to mention Staal too. Looked good out there, says he felt good. GREAT to have him back. Rangers need him desperately.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Like to mention Staal too. Looked good out there, says he felt good. GREAT to have him back. Rangers need him desperately.

Yeah, Staal was really good. Think he had 6 shots, too.

I'm really curious what this team if going to be like by the home opener. They've got, what, 15 straight games on the road over the next month. Lots of time to come together and gel as a team.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tomorrow's Ranger lineup against Philly:

Benoit Pouliot, Derick Brassard, Mats Zuccarello
Taylor Pyatt, Oscar Lindberg, Jesper Fast
Micheal Haley, Dominic Moore, Derek Dorsett
Andrew Yogan, Darroll Powe, Michael Kantor

Dan Girardi, Ryan McDonagh
Conor Allen, Anton Stralman
Dylan McIlrath, Danny Syvret

Martin Biron
Cam Talbot