• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

Cake Boss

Banned
MY LIIEEEGEEE!!

leafs-clarke-macarthur.jpg

4-1 snes.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pouliot is a Ranger now? Must have missed that in the off season, he's the league slut now.

Leblanc was cut tonight, pretty surprising to me as he was one of the very few forwards playing well tonight. Marinaro says that Habs management tried to move him last year and will do the same this year......shame, he has the tools to be an effective player.

Cake Boss

Banned
PREPARE YOUR BUTTS FOR THURSDAY!!

MacArthur is going to bery his dick so far up the leafs ass, when he pulls it out hes going to crowned King MacArthur.

Ready for Thurs.

Even though it's the pre-season I'd rather we start as many starters as possible. Just for the Leafs.

First bar watch of the (pre-)season too, hyped.

Also prepare for box-stretching etc.

Tabris

I'm a little worried how little Torts seems to be involved so far.

All I've heard for the last while "I haven't met him yet", "I haven't seen enough yet". I don't think I even heard confirmation that he evaluated anyone in Penticton, just heard he's not basing anything on it.

I guess it's a different approach. Hands off for now while he evaluates? I'm really interested to see what he does but I am a bit worried.

I'm a little worried how little Torts seems to be involved so far.

All I've heard for the last while "I haven't met him yet", "I haven't seen enough yet". I don't think I even heard confirmation that he evaluated anyone in Penticton, just heard he's not basing anything on it.

I guess it's a different approach. Hands off for now while he evaluates? I'm really interested to see what he does but I am a bit worried.

iejpnOgiknG8y.gif

This is what you deserve

Heretic

Young Ducks looked good today. Hampus had me sold but he tapered off towards the end. I liked what I saw when he had the puck but some of his decisions without it got him burned a couple of times.

Red_Man

Grabbing GTA 5 sometime tomorrow, for those who grabbed it tonight, can you say if it seems like a big jump for GTA 4 or more of the same?

Yea, my league is full, someone usually has a 20 team league though

Oh and Leafs October games go on sale in the morning if you are in the last minute club

Home opener tickets start at 100 bucks after fees....I wonder if those are standing room prices or obstructed purples :|

"Standard" games start at 73 =/

Going to try and get Leafs vs Ducks tix so I can see Selanne and that is it.........I'd rather spend money on PS4 stuff

Acid08

Banned
Speaking of the fantasy league, anyone else having trouble with the Yahoo app? I joined the league with my google account but when I sign into the app with my google log in it says that I'm not in any leagues. Kinda frustrating.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Any of you nerds at a GTA V midnight release?

I'm too old for this shit.

I might line up for Pokemon, not for GTA V though. Gonna be in my mailbox after class tomorrow... and I won't be able to justify playing it until Friday, fml. Too much shit going on at school this week. :(

TUSR

Banned
I'm too old for this shit.

I might line up for Pokemon, not for GTA V though. Gonna be in my mailbox after class tomorrow... and I won't be able to justify playing it until Friday, fml. Too much shit going on at school this week. :(

Still don't know how I feel about the transition to a 3D world. Heart gold for life.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
anyone play Fifa? I think im gonna get Fifa this year. Madden sucks and i only got it for Sunday Ticket. Gonna trade it in toward Fifa. The demo is fun.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Oh, and in honor of GTA5, I played Saints Row 3 for the first time tonight. Fun.

I'm not buying GTA5. Your boy TM is in the midst of a cash flow issue. Started a new job last week.

Also, I bought GTA4 and realized a week later that I hated it. Gonna wait on this one for the inevitable backlash, then the honest opinions after a cooldown period.

Red_Man

Oh, and in honor of GTA5, I played Saints Row 3 for the first time tonight. Fun.

I'm not buying GTA5. Your boy TM is in the midst of a cash flow issue. Started a new job last week.

Also, I bought GTA4 and realized a week later that I hated it. Gonna wait on this one for the inevitable backlash, then the honest opinions after a cooldown period.
"Citizen Kane of video games"

Very much this. I got caught up way too early in the hype and realised in the end I fucking hated GTA IV. I don't want to suffer that again.

TUSR

Banned
Why would I look at another game when I can look at Pokemon footage and see it looks great?

Link me a video that will get me hyped.

"Citizen Kane of video games"

Very much this. I got caught up way too early in the hype and realised in the end I fucking hated GTA IV. I don't want to suffer that again.

GTA IV was awful.

GTA IV gives us characters and a world with a level of depth previously unseen in gaming and elevates its story from a mere shoot-em-up to an Oscar-caliber drama. Every facet of Rockstar's new masterpiece is worthy of applause.

IGN :lol

Hunter S.

You will get the normal internet drama that comes from blockbuster games like GTA on any forum just like anything that is popular gets a lot of hate. You should not take a minority of hate to heart as fact about anything. PEACE

GTA4 was a real downer for me. I hated the driving. The Driving in 3 was perfect and they done fucked it up. Don't fix what isn't broken, folks.

Solo

Pouliot is a Ranger now? Must have missed that in the off season, he's the league slut now.

Leblanc was cut tonight, pretty surprising to me as he was one of the very few forwards playing well tonight. Marinaro says that Habs management tried to move him last year and will do the same this year......shame, he has the tools to be an effective player.

The writing has been on the wall for Louis Leblanks for a while now. We've got guys from drafts 1-3 years after him who've already leapfrogged him and are NHLers.

GTAIV was my first GTA game, so I didn't get to see the giant step back from San Andreas (picked that up as a digital download on the 360 later...holy crap the game is huge!)

I'm pretty excited for 5, though. It won't be the Citizen Kane of video games, but I'm sure I'll have fun with it (I'm more excited for the Online mode in October. NHLGAF heists?)

Osorio

I'm liking Schneider already.

I'll take Gelinas over Zidlicky on the point if he's gonna blast the puck like that.

Good to see Teddy get a goal.

Loktionov was looking solid.

Can't wait to see Boucher develop.

Good to see a spirited Killa Cam lol

Nice assist by Olesz otherwise kind of invisible

I'm looking forward to see the chemistry develop with the starters and see where Brunner fits in the lineup. However, if he doesn't play a good defensive game I can see him getting cut and sign with the Rangers(?)

I'm liking Schneider already.

I'll take Gelinas over Zidlicky on the point if he's gonna blast the puck like that.

Good to see Teddy get a goal.

Loktionov was looking solid.

Can't wait to see Boucher develop.

Good to see a spirited Killa Cam lol

Nice assist by Olesz otherwise kind of invisible

I'm looking forward to see the chemistry develop with the starters and see where Brunner fits in the lineup. However, if he doesn't play a good defensive game I can see him getting cut and sign with the Rangers(?)

Nope. The only person the Rangers are going to sign is Stepan.

Osorio

Nope. The only person the Rangers are going to sign is Stepan.

I feel someone would give him a shot. Not sure who is cap-tied or not.

While he would be a good pickup for powerplay and shootouts and general offense, Lou has been consistent this off-season in preaching a solid two-way system and emphasized more size and toughness on the team. The kid is 176 pounds and has been known to be a defensive liability.

I'm interested to see what happens.

If Jagr's injury is bad and Lou is keeping it on the dl, then he'll be signed for sure.

Cake Boss

Banned
That Buddy Robinsson kid running away with the Brochenski award this pre season. A 6'5 kid that can skate and with some decent hands is a pretty interesting prospect. Read somewhere that he didnt start playing hockey until he was 14. Could be a late bloomer.

GTA V is fun, but those texture pop-ins during the first 10 minutes of loading the game up on the digital version are fucking monstrous. Also the driving seems incredibly squirrely so far.

Top Bottom