• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

Curufinwe

I would be so depressed right now if Cleary was here locked into the 3LW spot and all the promising young & cheap guys like Raffl, Laughton, McGinn and Cousins were just going thru the motions. Akeson also looked good last night as a kind of homeless man's Claude Giroux, but he's more of a top 6 AHL player at this stage.

I think that no Cleary also means the chances of resigning Matt Read are higher.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=682549

Samyy

I would be so depressed right now if Cleary was here locked into the 3LW spot and all the promising young & cheap guys like Raffl, Laughton, McGinn and Cousins were just going thru the motions. Akeson also looked good last night as a kind of homeless man's Claude Giroux, but he's more of a top 6 AHL player at this stage.

No Cleary also means the chances of resigning Matt Read are higher.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=682549

Cousins looked scary for you guys, he really stood out to me imo.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
GTA V is fun, but those texture pop-ins during the first 10 minutes of loading the game up on the digital version are fucking monstrous. Also the driving seems incredibly squirrely so far.

I'm not sure if it is the speed of the initial cars with the low driving skill that makes it feel weird or it is just squirrely. To early for me to decide.

GTA V is fun, but those texture pop-ins during the first 10 minutes of loading the game up on the digital version are fucking monstrous. Also the driving seems incredibly squirrely so far.
Phew not just me. Driving does feel a bit loose, or I could just be rusty. The police are not as bad GTA4, evading takes more than drive in straight line fast. Dicking around I had some police roll up on some gangsters down town resting in a huge shootout at an intersection. So far so good.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I feel someone would give him a shot. Not sure who is cap-tied or not.
Rangers are cap-tied and, if anything, may need to move a couple players. In a nice reversal from last year, we're almost overloaded with depth right now. Potentially, anyway.

That Buddy Robinsson kid running away with the Brochenski award this pre season. A 6'5 kid that can skate and with some decent hands is a pretty interesting prospect. Read somewhere that he didnt start playing hockey until he was 14. Could be a late bloomer.

/depth

We'll probably lose guys like Da Costa and Hoffman on waivers for nothing. No room.

Curufinwe

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...s-indirect-jab-about-big-pads/comment-page-1/

Goalies don’t usually trade barbs, but if it’s going to happen, it might as well come among local rivals. That seems to be the case between Martin Brodeur and Henrik Lundqvist, as Brodeur seemingly accused Lundqvist of wearing pads for more than just protection, as the Bergen Record reported on Saturday.

“There’s goalies — I won’t name names, but they’re not too far — they have different padding that it’s not about protection,” Brodeur said.

How subtle.

The New York Rangers star netminder shook off the future New Jersey Devils Hall of Famer in Monday’s edition of the New York Post.

“I know people have thought that I look big out there, but that’s never been an issue with me,” Lundqvist said. “I know I’m ‘not too far,’ but I don’t know what he’s talking about.”

Brodeur has always been a fucking twat.

The story (http://www.nj.com/devils/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1161324987283000.xml&coll=1)

Martin Brodeur revealed last night that he was the goalie who voiced the complaint which prompted NHL general managers to outlaw mirrored visors like the one Washington Capitals star Alexander Ovechkin wore last season.

A member of the rules committee, Brodeur felt the mirrored visor gave Ovechkin an advantage because goalies couldn't see his eyes. When the matter was put before NHL GMs a few months back, they voted 29-1 to outlaw mirrored visors. Capitals GM George McPhee was the lone vote against banning the visors.

In addition to shooters having an advantage when goalies cannot see their eyes, Brodeur said "in an era when the league needs to sell the game, it's important for fans to see players' faces."

Devils GM Lou Lamoriello said it was "both a safety and marketing" decision to ban mirrored visors.

fallout

Brodeur has always been a fucking twat.
That doesn't sound all that twat-like to me. Like, he might actually be a fucking twat (I assume most hockey players are), but I can't think of the last time that anyone brought up Ovechkin's visor. Shit, I didn't even know they had been banned. I just assumed that he'd grown up a bit and decided to ditch it.

Hopefully Chicago has a stream for the game tonight since Detroit is showing it, I want to see Alfie and Sproul and Ouellet.

And Franzen is already hurt and won't play tonight. Just put Cleary back in, he can play ALL the positions!

So much for the 2nd line getting some practice in.

BUYN8gJIcAASi8h.jpg

There he is. Dark day for the org. Word is he will be ready for the Sat preseason game against the bolts.

Also reason why South Fla es #1, DEM DIMES. Even the reporters are hotter.

Atlantic (lol) Division GAF: What do you think the final standings will be?

Mine:

1. Boston
  2. Montreal
  3. Detroit
  4. Toronto
  5. Ottawa
  6. Tampa Bay
  7. Buffalo
  8. Florida

Atlantic:

Boston
Detroit
Ottawa
Toronto

Montreal
Tampa Bay
Buffalo
Florida

Metro:

Pittsburgh
Washington
New York R
New York I

Columbus
Carolina
Philadelphia
New Jersey

Playoff teams in bold.

And for the 4th time in the last 5 years, Capitals v.s Rangers will be a thing!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
NHL players pick who they think is the best goalie in the league right now, Crosby picks Price. I see his concussion issues are coming back..

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9680139&startTime=01:17

Atlantic (lol) Division GAF: What do you think the final standings will be?

Mine:

1. Boston
  2. Montreal
  3. Detroit
  4. Toronto
  5. Ottawa
  6. Tampa Bay
  7. Buffalo
  8. Florida
I agree with this, I don't think Anderson is going to be as good this year, and he's a big part of why Ottawa won so many 1 goal games.

Atlantic:

Boston
Detroit
Ottawa
Toronto

Montreal
Tampa Bay
Buffalo
Florida

Metro:

Pittsburgh
Washington
New York R
New York I

Columbus
Carolina
Philadelphia
New Jersey

Playoff teams in bold.

And for the 4th time in the last 5 years, Capitals v.s Rangers will be a thing!

L-O-FUCKING-L At the Flyers finishing 7th in their division.

Spl1nter

There is no guarantee that it will be 4 teams from each division. Last two spots are wildcards for the conference. Could very likely see 5 from Atlantic and 3 from metro. Have a tough time however not seeing 4 teams from Atlantic not make it.

There is no guarantee that it will be 4 teams from each division. Last two spots are wildcards for the conference. Could very likely see 5 from Atlantic and 3 from metro. Have a tough time however not seeing 4 teams from Atlantic not make it.

Well, shit! I didn't know that.

Also, equipped, I really appreciated the response. Initially I had Toronto in 6th, with Tampa and Ottawa ahead. But then I decided that was not nearly biased enough (and therefore boring).

edit: Also remembered that Tampa are pure shit this year.

Top Bottom