• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

I still liked Red Dead, it just wasn't as great to me as it was to a lot of other people, it also had the same problem as GTA IV where once you beat the game, there was really nothing to do. GTA V seems to have fixed this with the extra activities and exploration. Red Dead had this great world, but for the most part it was empty.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I still liked Red Dead, it just wasn't as great to me as it was to a lot of other people, it also had the same problem as GTA IV where once you beat the game, there was really nothing to do. GTA V seems to have fixed this with the extra activities and exploration. Red Dead had this great world, but for the most part it was empty.

GTA Online will be glorious. Mid-day GAF golf tourbament, halfway trough which Marvie shoots someone. Then a hike up the mountain, during which Marvie shoots someone again. Jump down, paraglide into the outback, everyone steals a car and races it into the city while Marvie shoots someone out the window. The once downtown just start shooting everyone. In a day's worth.

By someone I obviously mean wsox.

Marvie_3

Banned
GTA Online will be glorious. Mid-day GAF golf tourbament, halfway trough which Marvie shoots someone. Then a hike up the mountain, during which Marvie shoots someone again. Jump down, paraglide into the outback, everyone steals a car and races it into the city while Marvie shoots someone out the window. The once downtown just start shooting everyone. In a day's worth.

By someone I obviously mean wsox.
Your racism will be the first thing I put an end to.

Smiley90

ROFL the Chop the Dog thing on iFruit (also hilarious name for the GTA app) is awesome. Also lifestalker. Ahahahahaha.

Heretic

You mean one of the greatest games of this gen? Sorry Marvie, but AW is absolutely amazing, it's a shame you didn't like it.

Gonna agree with my suicide pal Crazed here. Alan Wake was freaking awesome. Of course, certain conditions had to have been met in order to get the full experience (e.g. time of day, audio setup)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'll settle this argument: Rockstar is easily the most overrated developer in gaming history. Most of their games are crap.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Also, according to Dreger, Step unlikely to sign before the season opens. Good for him. Hope he likes watching Team USA from his couch.

He's going to be so far behind the rest of the team when he does finally decide to show up.

Really at this point it's just dumb, and he's hurting himself. I don't necessarily disagree with the idea that he's worth at least 3.5m, especially in light of some of the other contracts signed this offseason (though I would say some of those likely overvalued guys, too), but 3m is still a good price, and the fact is that the Rangers simply don't have a ton of room to move. The Rangers are going to be in even LESS of a position to give him what he wants once the season starts as they won't have the ability to make the kinds of moves that they still can with the summer salary cap, and the fact of the matter is that the Rangers are pretty stacked at center, and a lot of the guys are performing really well in camp so far. Richards is a lock, Brassard is a lock, at least one of Boyle and/or Moore is a lock, Lindberg is quickly rising up the depth chart, and even Powe plays a role. Stepan is obviously better than most of them and would move right to the top of the chart when he does finally sign, yeah, but the fact is that the organization doesn't have to be too stressed about the position. Step's got absolutely no leverage here.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Galchenyuk is playing tomorrow, but Eller and Gally both won't be playing. Wonder who he'll play with, I'd like to see him get a chance on Pleks line.

Edit: NM Pleks isn't playing either, hmmm hopefully they let alex centre a line for the game.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The only Rockstar games I've enjoyed are Midnight Club 2 and Midnight Club LA. Great arcade racers.

These are exactly the games I was excluding of when I said "most." Both are fantastic.

He's going to be so far behind the rest of the team when he does finally decide to show up.

Really at this point it's just dumb, and he's hurting himself. I don't necessarily disagree with the idea that he's worth at least 3.5m, especially in light of some of the other contracts signed this offseason (though I would say some of those likely overvalued guys, too), but 3m is still a good price, and the fact is that the Rangers simply don't have a ton of room to move. The Rangers are going to be in even LESS of a position to give him what he wants once the season starts as they won't have the ability to make the kinds of moves that they still can with the summer salary cap, and the fact of the matter is that the Rangers are pretty stacked at center, and a lot of the guys are performing really well in camp so far. Richards is a lock, Brassard is a lock, at least one of Boyle and/or Moore is a lock, Lindberg is quickly rising up the depth chart, and even Powe plays a role. Stepan is obviously better than most of them and would move right to the top of the chart when he does finally sign, yeah, but the fact is that the organization doesn't have to be too stressed about the position. Step's got absolutely no leverage here.

He and his agent should work on soliciting an offer sheet, that seems to be his only avenue to play this season his terms. Unfortunately I don't think he's gonna find that route as rewarding as he'd like it.

Stasis

I love the kid, and feel like he's a huge part of the identity and core of the team, but this is starting to get old. It's odd because everything I've read or seen up until this point portrays him as a total team player and team first guy, but this holdout over what is, presumably, not a huge amount of money (especially considering what he will get after the bridge) flies in the face of that. We all know Slats is a hardass when it comes to these bridge deals, this isn't news to any Ranger, and they all get their payday eventually. This is dragging on too long for little to no real reason. I want Step in camp desperately, and I've even been anxious about the situation, but now I'm starting to say fuck it. Run with what we have and give a kid a shot. Lindberg, Miller... we're alright.

I'm honestly not sure he wouldn't sign an offer sheet now. Two weeks ago I'd have sang a completely different tune.

Gonna agree with my suicide pal Crazed here. Alan Wake was freaking awesome. Of course, certain conditions had to have been met in order to get the full experience (e.g. time of day, audio setup)

piR3y.gif

Suicide bro's 'til death!

NHL14->GTA5->GTA:Online->BF4->Star Citizen Dogfighting module.

Current chain is already too full, might drop BF4 since I don't have enough time for gaming these days. Pokemon won't get fit in for a while.

Smiley90

Top Bottom