• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

Samyy

Yay Toronto winning. Was watching Eagles/Chiefs, Eagles look awful.

Any update on Kadri?

Nope, im assuming they are keeping him out as a precaution since its a preseason game.

Also Leafs are playing like crap tbh. Very few moments of sustained pressure in the offensive zone and the Sens pin us in our zone a lot. Sens have dominated most of the play, but somehow were getting it done.

Marvie_3

Banned
Bollig!

Wait.....Bollig?? BOLLIG????

ibZBmdvyvwlm5.gif

Cake Boss

Banned
True, although I looked at the rosters for tonight, and Ottawa looked to be playing with a near-full roster, second line aside. Half the Leafs roster were AHLers.

Err both teams had 11-12 NHL regulars in the lineup.

Ryan needs a #1Center, put him on Pageau's line.

Samyy

True, although I looked at the rosters for tonight, and Ottawa looked to be playing with a near-full roster, second line aside. Half the Leafs roster were AHLers.

A bit concerning considering that was the story for most of last season, but it is just preseason after all.

More worried about Kadri's potential injury.

EDIT: Oh, just a bruised hand, good.

Yea thats why I pointed it out, it looked a lot like the Leafs last year. Hopefully our final roster settles it down a bit. I'm pretty dissappointed by our forward prospects tbh. Colborne is done I think, was completely invisible. I don't know if he'll get another shot alongside JVR and Clarkson.

On the plus side Rielly and Percy had great games. Rielly starting to look pretty comfortable and Percy was solid defensively. Both got a point this game.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Yea thats why I pointed it out, it looked a lot like the Leafs last year. Hopefully our final roster settles it down a bit. I'm pretty dissappointed by our forward prospects tbh. Colborne is done I think, was completely invisible. I don't know if he'll get another shot alongside JVR and Clarkson.

On the plus side Rielly and Percy had great games. Rielly starting to look pretty comfortable and Percy was solid defensively. Both got a point this game.

Yep, we are basically fucked when it comes to forward prospects.... Our window is now or never (damnit kessel, re-sign already)

Erdrick

Jets look awful

This is true.

No ability to set up any type of play. At least the game got some kind of intensity upon the 3rd, which makes me look forward to some type of rivalry down the line. Aside from some very few players, I was unimpressed tonight.

Looking forward to the rematch on Saturday.

Samyy

Yep, we are basically fucked when it comes to forward prospects.... Our window is now or never (damnit kessel, re-sign already)

Yea, and a lot of the ones that project to be "top six" guys are projects so they wont be ready anytime soon. Our top six is good but if anyone gets injured we're screwed. As for losing Kessel I don't even want to think about that right now considering Clarkson is the next one below him on the depth chart for right wing.

Capn Morgan played 20 min and was +2? Were they sheltered mins?

I think he got significant PP time. The minutes were kind of sheltered but they would be sheltered anyway if he is on the team, did see him on against Spezza line once or twice. He played a solid game though, no glaring mistakes that I can think of. He looked pretty comfortable out there. Nonis said that its likely he'll play all 9 exhibition games so hopefully he sees some tougher minutes.

Vman

This is true.

No ability to set up any type of play. At least the game got some kind of intensity upon the 3rd, which makes me look forward to some type of rivalry down the line. Aside from some very few players, I was unimpressed tonight.

Looking forward to the rematch on Saturday.

I don't want to sound like a dick. But when your starters loose to our 4th and 3rd liners and jr. players something is wrong. Evander Kane was especially stupid tonight running around at the end of the game trying to start shit. And you guys had like 8 powerplays.

Velcro Fly

Went to the Hawks game tonight. Was a ton of fun for my first hockey game experience.

I did notice the Hawks had 6 skaters on the ice for probably 25 seconds and no one seemed to notice.

Atmosphere was incredible. I've seen games on TV but being there live is a whole different experience.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Nygren became an important part of my team in Smiley's connected league....

Is NHL 14 any good?
It's improved in a lot of ways, but there's still issues but there always will be with EA. The GM Connected stuff is a lot quicker now.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This is pretty funny, guys take each other's helmets off before a fight to avoid the new rule:

barch-gallant.gif

Erdrick

I don't want to sound like a dick. But when your starters loose to our 4th and 3rd liners and jr. players something is wrong. Evander Kane was especially stupid tonight running around at the end of the game trying to start shit. And you guys had like 8 powerplays.

Oh, don't worry, aside from a small handful of players, the team played with no life for the most part. Our special teams have been more like special needs over the past few years, what with the not even being able to cycle the puck on a man advantage, let alone when the goalie is pulled on a pp and still cannot even amount to much of anything.

Kane was just trying to stir up some emotion at the end there. Also because... Whoever #67 is? He gave one of our rookies (Sheifele) a shot to the head, so he's pretty much a marked man by the team. Hence why Kane and Peluso had it in for him for the rest of the game. We'll see what happens on Saturday.

It sums up the game by how our coach looked at the end of the 2nd period. He just stormed off stoically into the dressing room. Because, it was a pretty pathetic display overall.

I know it's preseason still but... these people need to play better than that if they are going to amount to anything as a team. Otherwise... This'll be a loooooooong season.

Taking your helmet off only results in an additional 2 penalty minutes, right? No fine?

I would think that the next step the league will take is a fine applied to both players for taking off each other's helmets.

Top Bottom