• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Taking your helmet off only results in an additional 2 penalty minutes, right? No fine?

I would think that the next step the league will take is a fine applied to both players for taking off each other's helmets.
Or just abolishing the stupid rule to begin with.

Or just abolishing the stupid rule to begin with.

Well, the league is going to continue cracking down on anything that can or will cause concussions. Fighting is a no brainer and an easy target. I agree that fighting still needs to be an option on the ice. We can't let rats go wild without someone out there without policing their stupidity.

Red_Man

Red_Man, I would like to fight you. Can you kindly remove my helmet and I'll kindly remove yours?
Only if we go for dinner after, I don't fight just anyone.

Well, the league is going to continue cracking down on anything that can or will cause concussions. Fighting is a no brainer and an easy target. I agree that fighting still needs to be an option on the ice. We can't let rats go wild without someone out there without policing their stupidity.
They should start by cracking down on all those chimps in the league looking to start shit for no reason, and work on stopping fights after clean checks and hits.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
This is pretty funny, guys take each other's helmets off before a fight to avoid the new rule:

barch-gallant.gif
This is hilarious!

So why the fuck do we have Orr if hesy not even allowed to fight...

Quick

Banned
This is hilarious!

So why the fuck do we have Orr if hesy not even allowed to fight...

Genius. These goons, man. But it would look pretty stupid if "mutual helmet removal" became a goon "ritual".

They probably pointed at their helmets, nodded at each other, then went for it.

Colton Orr probably had a lightbulb go up when he saw that.

Pretty much.

So I have a question, why do we have a winter classic when it seems like almost every team is going to play an outdoor game this year?

Yep, money.

And to keep the Winter Classic name clean, they labelled everything else as a "Stadium Series" game. :lol

That's lame. Give the WC to someone who really deserves it... you know.. like the Hawks or something.

I read somewhere that the two players should remove each other's helmets, bump fists and then go at it. Glad to see something like that is already happening. Dumb fucking rules this season

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I fail to see how hybrid icing improves the game at all. Just go with regular icing or no-touch icing.

It's stopping two people from chasing leading to injury

I think its alright, but they are calling it when players are too close to the icing line

With the lack of times I have seen a player successfully get the puck in 3 games... It probably should be no touch and just avoid everything anyways

That's lame. Give the WC to someone who really deserves it... you know.. like the Hawks or something.

I read somewhere that the two players should 7
remove each other's helmets, bump fists and then go at it. Glad to see something like that is already happening. Dumb fucking rules this season

Hawks Blues - Busch Stadium

not going to happen

Merguson

Banned
It's stopping two people from chasing leading to injury

I think its alright, but they are calling it when players are too close to the icing line

With the lack of times I have seen a player successfully get the puck in 3 games... It probably should be no touch and just avoid everything anyways

I think if they really wanted to deal with the issue outright, just go with no-touch icing. The game doesn't need more calls that could go either way.

I get the feeling the players will reject the hybrid icing. Just a feeling.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The fuck is wrong with GAF lately?

Canadiens lines tonight:

Collberg-Desharnais-Pacioretty
Prust-Galchenyuk-Thomas
Bournival-Holland-McCarron
Tarnasky-Dumont-Blunden

DEFENCE

Gorges-Subban
Tinordi-Pateryn
Dietz-Nygren

GOALIES

Budaj
Tokarski

Forwards:Fleischmann, Shore, Winchester, Matthias, Butler, Ortmeyer, Gomes, Howden, Goc, Trocheck, Shaw, Selleck

Defense: Kulikov, Mottau, Robak, Petrovic, Gilbert, Campbell

Goalies: Houser and DGM

Line-up for tonight. Game is at the Cats farm in SA. After the game we'll see the 1st round of cut and the team will take shape. Shore and Trocheck will return to FLA for an extra look, Trocheck still going strong, kid is full of surprises.

Red_Man

Pretty pumped to see A. GALLY at center, and Collberg with Patches. Going to miss the game so I'll have to watch it later tonight.

ZeroGravity

Forwards:Fleischmann, Shore, Winchester, Matthias, Butler, Ortmeyer, Gomes, Howden, Goc, Trocheck, Shaw, Selleck

Defense: Kulikov, Mottau, Robak, Petrovic, Gilbert, Campbell

Goalies: Houser and DGM

Line-up for tonight. Game is at the Cats farm in SA. After the game we'll see the 1st round of cut and the team will take shape. Shore and Trocheck will return to FLA for an extra look, Trocheck still going strong, kid is full of surprises.
Guessing we're going to see your boy Tim Thomas against Tampa?

Top Bottom