• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
tumblr_mintq88INf1qd8gt3o1_400.gif

STOP HITTING YOURSELF KAVE

What I do in the privacy of my own home is my business and my business alone.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
REJOICE, MY FRIENDS.

"Optimized GM Connected Functionality – GM Connected will be more user-friendly and allow you to spend less time on loading screens, thanks to improved speed and performance in both menu loading and simulation behavior

Other updates include:

Commissioners can now accept & decline trades on mobile devices.
Counter trades can be proposed directly from the mailbox.
The ability to accept trades directly from the Trade Details Screen.
Users can invite others to a league.
All games in the league can be seen on the Master Schedule."

I like it.

"Deeper Be a GM Progression and Trading Intelligence – Be a GM game mode is all about creating an authentic hockey management experience. New scouting features, realistic ice-time simulations and adjustable trade difficulty settings create a deeper, more customizable experience in Be a GM mode.

Other updates include:

Potential is now affected by the number of scouting visits, creating a more organic experience.
Difficulty can be scaled to make it more (or less) challenging to trade with the AI.
CPU can sign and re-sign players during the off season for the user.
Player swapping is easier with just one transaction in the Roster Management Screen.
Players develop during the season, making for a more authentic gameplay feel."

I'll just be happy if the Scouting system works AT ALL. :lol Since it didn't work at all for NHL13. Trading-difficulty scaling for AI trades is interesting. Allowing player swapping will eliminate all those frustrating moments where you HAVE the cap space to swap the players, but the game wouldn't let you because you'd have to temporarily go over the cap to do so, and the game wouldn't let you put either over cap or under the player limit.

... I'll probably get it anyway. My last 360 game I suppose.... Who of you guys still has their 360 and is planning on getting it?

Cake Boss

Banned
I wasted more time on GMConnected than the OTP club shit, so I'll get it. That shit was like crack, even though that crack was 80% baking soda.

I would be happy if they fixed the AI when simming, I would love for my 7th dman not play as my top center when the center gets injured, I know its a lot to ask for but I think its doable.

Also, how about an Android version of the APP? its only the largest mobile OS in the world,.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Thank god we got rid of that horrible Kovy contract. This years gonna be fun with all the new faces. Hopefully we're contenders within 5 years.
Never thought we'd see a new Devils fan so soon after Kovy bailed.

At this point, you probably need Horvat more than you need Schneider.
Best young #1 goalie in the league over a prospect that may become a fringe first liner? Sure.

Best young #1 goalie in the league over a prospect that may become a fringe first liner? Sure.

Best potential #1 goalie, still needs to play a full 60 game season to prove his chops, and he might not even have an opportunity for that til next year unfortunately. I have Quick ranked in front of Schneider for that.

Canucks have had an extraordinary goalie tandem for the past 3 years and it hasn't really gotten us where we wanted to go. Seems like nowadays, you don't have to have an elite goaltender to go far. You do need top end forwards and defensemen though.

Hell, look at the Flyers, they went to the 2010 finals with fucking Leighton and Boucher.

MacAttack

REJOICE, MY FRIENDS.
[snip]
... I'll probably get it anyway. My last 360 game I suppose.... Who of you guys still has their 360 and is planning on getting it?
I'll be getting hockey this year and will be down for another round of GM Connected (sim and versus). Is there a thread for this or should we discuss details in the old thread?

I do hope they fix the load times and android / web support.

Smiley90

I'll be getting hockey this year and will be down for another round of GM Connected. Is there a thread for this or should we discuss details in the old thread?

I do hope they fix the load times and android / web support.

I would assume we make a new thread once the game's out/once we know who's down.

MacAttack

I would assume we make a new thread once the game's out/once we know who's down.

Last year we had a thread beforehand and people signed up for teams before the game released. (I got dibs on the Bruins!)

It might make sense to wait a a week or two after release before organizing a league. Would allow more people to get the game and let EA work out any glitches.

It might make sense to wait a a week or two after release before organizing a league. Would allow more people to get the game and let EA work out any glitches.

I couldn't keep a straight face while typing this so I had to quote myself for honesty.

REJOICE, MY FRIENDS.

"Optimized GM Connected Functionality – GM Connected will be more user-friendly and allow you to spend less time on loading screens, thanks to improved speed and performance in both menu loading and simulation behavior

Other updates include:

Commissioners can now accept & decline trades on mobile devices.
Counter trades can be proposed directly from the mailbox.
The ability to accept trades directly from the Trade Details Screen.
Users can invite others to a league.
All games in the league can be seen on the Master Schedule."

I like it.

"Deeper Be a GM Progression and Trading Intelligence – Be a GM game mode is all about creating an authentic hockey management experience. New scouting features, realistic ice-time simulations and adjustable trade difficulty settings create a deeper, more customizable experience in Be a GM mode.

Other updates include:

Potential is now affected by the number of scouting visits, creating a more organic experience.
Difficulty can be scaled to make it more (or less) challenging to trade with the AI.
CPU can sign and re-sign players during the off season for the user.
Player swapping is easier with just one transaction in the Roster Management Screen.
Players develop during the season, making for a more authentic gameplay feel."

I'll just be happy if the Scouting system works AT ALL. :lol Since it didn't work at all for NHL13. Trading-difficulty scaling for AI trades is interesting. Allowing player swapping will eliminate all those frustrating moments where you HAVE the cap space to swap the players, but the game wouldn't let you because you'd have to temporarily go over the cap to do so, and the game wouldn't let you put either over cap or under the player limit.

This will be MUCH more fun, now. Really excited.

Smiley90

Oh shit! A rags fan?! Can't wait to play you in ff! It's goin down!

You going to the game at Yankee stadium?

:lol Yankee isn't... I'll just... sit here and wait.

The Sedins won't get you back to the Finals.

But like the Canucks, you've had a Finals appearance recently and will now get worse and worse.

(I'm sorry Canucks-age)

AND I THOUGHT WE WERE NEW DIVISION-BFF'S

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Best potential #1 goalie, still needs to play a full 60 game season to prove his chops, and he might not even have an opportunity for that til next year unfortunately. I have Quick ranked in front of Schneider for that.

Canucks have had an extraordinary goalie tandem for the past 3 years and it hasn't really gotten us where we wanted to go. Seems like nowadays, you don't have to have an elite goaltender to go far. You do need top end forwards and defensemen though.

Hell, look at the Flyers, they went to the 2010 finals with fucking Leighton and Boucher.
I disagree. You need a goalie to get hot at the right moment and he can take you all the way to the finals...where you'll inevitably lose as Cinderella teams rarely win.

I want to say Panthers, Sabres, and Ducks. Beezer, Hasek, Giggy got hot at the right moments.

Though I say that and Wings won numerous times...with their goalies...

Crawford is underrated for this past season, but I wonder if this performance is enough to make people recognize him like Quick?

Tabris

Except the third one.

I like the third one for the opening and some of the BTTF staple scenes done in old west context. It just ends so poorly. I still get goose bumps to the ending of the second one though.

Western Union Man: Whoa! Wait, kid! What's this all about!

Marty: He's alive! The Doc's alive! He's in the Old West, but he's alive!

Western Union Man: Wait a minute, kid. You need help?

Marty: There's only one man who can help me. <--- MAJOR goosebumps!

Marvie_3

Banned
Crawford is underrated for this past season, but I wonder if this performance is enough to make people recognize him like Quick?
Crawford was a lot better this year but a lot of that is due to Chicago being deeper on defense than it has been in a long time and the PK being way better. Crawford fixed a lot of the problems he had last year but you'd have to be crazy to compare him to Quick.

Holy shit. :lol :lol

Top Bottom