• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
MT “@dchesnokov: Malkin's dad: "Son said 'If I were ever to leave #Penguins, I would go to #NYR or the #Habs.'" (Via SovSport)”
Malkin & Crosby to be Habs in 2025 confirmed.

I'm sorry Heretic, but I know this would make a few people smile. IT'S FOR THE GREATER GOOD.

itabux1WyOpCQ.gif

Also Soc, the Melbourne Derby is soon, can you feel the excitement in the air?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Did the post get deleted or did you link it wrong?

Fixed it now.

His post was stupid anyway

I saw that thread earlier, he was making some dumbshit comments anyways.

Like what? I don't see anything wrong voicing your opinion that people with a history of non-compliance should be low priority for transplants. Or saying that black people aren't as discriminated against as others in the thread claim? You might disagree with his opinion, but should somebody really be banned over voicing an opinion thay goes against the "fuck Obama deathpanels" theme of the thread?

Samyy

Fixed it now.

Like what? I don't see anything wrong voicing your opinion that people with a history of non-compliance should be low priority for transplants. Or saying that black people aren't as discriminated against as others in the thread claim? You might disagree with his opinion, but should somebody really be banned over voicing an opinion thay goes against the "fuck Obama deathpanels" theme of the thread?

Im referring to the post you linked specifically, can't talk about any of his other posts as I havent seen them but Obama being president is a great step forward for black people in that country but its no secret that they are treated pretty bad... its just an ignorant comment.

Perhaps that combined with other things got him banned idk

Cake Boss

Banned
Fixed it now.

Well this one for example.

Come over across the border to Canada some day and I'm sure the Japanese and Aboriginal peoples can tell you a thing or two about what it really means to be treated as a second class citizen. There's plenty of racism in the US, that's not systematic second class citizenry. That's not even close.

Almost as bad as the Kassian is a playmaking winger one, plus the "Obama is president for 5 years which means blacks dont get discriminated anymore" argument.

Acid08

Banned
Well this one for example.

Almost as bad as the Kassian is a playmaking winger one.
Yeah that comment is super stupid. I don't know if ignorance should be ban worthy though. Seen plenty of terrible opinions on here that don't really in bans. Still, incredibly ignorant.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
There's a difference between discrimination and being treated like second-class citizens. Spectre was saying that if black people truly were second-class citizens, there wouldn't be a black president. He mentioned Aboriginals as people who truly were treated as second-class citizens, similar to how black people were treated for a long time. Not anymore though. He respoded to a post claiming black people were treated like second-class citizens.

Was his post ignorant? Maybe. Does it differ from some other posters' views? Sure. Is it outright purposely offensive and attacking and banworthy? Not in a million years.

If ignorance and differing opinions were banworthy, gaming-gaf wouldn't exist. Not to mention Spectre was being civil, which gaming-gaf also isn't.

TL;DR: Stay in the bubble if your opinion differs from the majority or you'll get banned.

Red_Man

I don't know why any of you post in any kind of thread like that discussing legitimate matters, Gaf is hypersensitive to everything, and you're arguing with a lot of basement dwellers who's only source of information is the Colbert Report. It's bad enough discussing stuff like politics, abortions and religion with my friends, I'm not going to argue it with an army of anonymous neck beards.

On another note: GoTG looks sick

ShaneB

I don't know why any of you post in any kind of thread like that discussing legitimate matters, Gaf is hypersensitive to everything, and you're arguing with a lot of basement dwellers who's only source of information is the Colbert Report. It's bad enough discussing stuff like politics, abortions and religion with my friends, I'm not going to argue it with an army of anonymous neck beards.

Well said good sir. Well said.

It's funny, I assume the same thing about the rest of Gaf... but not NHL-Gaf. I know there are some legitimate functioning human beings on Gaf, but it's just not worth dealing with the shit to get to them.

Yet somehow this thread manages to be relatively normal.

#Preach

Shit even the Breaking Bad thread is a minefield reading through it I can almost smell the sweaty neckbeards in there, and then there is the misogyny accusing kind. Jesus, "tread lightly" indeed.

Gaf reminds me a lot of the reddit mentality of downvote things you disagree with, except a certain number of downvotes is a ban. Definitely has the same hivemind thing going on, real shame.

nailed it hard

Curufinwe

I don't know why any of you post in any kind of thread like that discussing legitimate matters, Gaf is hypersensitive to everything, and you're arguing with a lot of basement dwellers who's only source of information is the Colbert Report.

I stick to getting my news from Glenn Beck. Colbert is too right wing for me.

59DUEEh.gif

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Poor spec...I think the only time anyone got banned in the so called bubble was cakeboss? Something about devolution?

I don't even think Manics or Peins got banned for anything in here.

Speaking about bitching... the use of "dead" and its various retarded variants when describing something that is funny makes me want to throw my computer or phone out the nearest window. I don't know why it aggravates me as much as it does, but it do

Quick

Banned
Speaking about bitching... the use of "dead" and its various retarded variants when describing something that is funny makes me want to throw my computer or phone out the nearest window. I don't know why it aggravates me as much as it does, but it do

/dead

Red_Man

Poor spec...I think the only time anyone got banned in the so called bubble was cakeboss? Something about devolution?

I don't even think Manics or Peins got banned for anything in here.
I got Cake Boss banned twice in here I think, one of my few crowning achievements on this site besides my top poster last month. *waits for ridiculous non related gif reply from Cake Boss*

Seeing actual Guardians of the Galaxy footage has me even more hyped for it.
I don't know much about it, but I love the apparent quirkiness of it, I was hesitant when I found out there's a talking raccoon but that one gif of him blowing guys away on the Ent already has me sold.

Socreges

Banned
Spectre is no martyr. If you're going to be a contrarian, you've got to have tact. And you've got to be precise. His first post was just pedantic, inflammatory, and a bit stupid. It's true that blacks technically aren't second-class citizens, but he handled the argument really poorly.

That's kind of how Spectre rolls in the OT. Now he's got a history of bans and a fairly short leash.

Also Soc, the Melbourne Derby is soon, can you feel the excitement in the air?
No, I can't fucking feel it. People are fucking idiots here. They have no fucking clue that it's happening this Thursday again. They don't even fucking know that Melbourne is playing Melbourne for the thirteenth time in four weeks. At home though the excitement is palpable. In preparation I've got all clocks set to AEST and the toilets flushing clockwise.

So I hate Apple and Macs with a passion, but the one thing they have that I cannot find any good equivalent for on PC is something along the lines of Garage Band/Sound Track Pro. Or a more loop oriented music creator, I found a few but nothing that compares unfortunately.

Top Bottom