• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

For sure, people are still getting over what happened to Steckle after what he did to Crosby.

Yes I know nothing will happen, wishful thinking on my part.

Well something already did I guess.

bjnfruC.jpg

Orca

Anyone get tickets for games yet? I entered the Oilers mini pack draw on a whim and wound up as one of the winners. Never tried this before, but from what I've read I can get up to 12 packs, but no more than six of any one pack.

Going to get three or four seats for the pack with Winnipeg on opening night, Dallas, Ottawa, and the Kings.

Socreges

Banned
Would rather deal with ankle sprains than knee sprains.

Samyy, do ankle stretches and exercises to strengthen, and wear a brace during exercise. I've had many, many ankle sprains, but I've gotten better at rehabbing them. Not so bad if you make your ankles stronger.

For sure, people are still getting over what happened to Steckle after what he did to Crosby.
How anyone can hold Steckel responsible for that hit is beyond me. At least with Cooke he was being reckless even if it wasn't deliberate.

Samyy

Would rather deal with ankle sprains than knee sprains.

Samyy, do ankle stretches and exercises to strengthen, and wear a brace during exercise. I've had many, many ankle sprains, but I've gotten better at rehabbing them. Not so bad if you make your ankles stronger.

How anyone can hold Steckel responsible for that hit is beyond me. At least with Cooke he was being reckless even if it wasn't deliberate.

Yea im doing physio right now too after the last time - it is feeling a bit better.
It just sucks because summers pretty much almost over and I've missed playing basketball with friends, just watch/shoot around.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The main reason Kane should always be one of everyone's favourite hockey players regardless of how douchey he can be. What a glorious moment in hockey.

I'd give a lot to see Kane play back in his hometown, where he belongs. :(

ShaneB

I played my second game of Dota 2 last night with some gaffers. I was dead weight, but I got a kill and we won. It was kinda fun!

Erdrick

Say what you will about the Jets current jerseys, but I like them leagues more than the pyjamas or whatever awful thing that the Thrashers wore in Atlanta. Just gaudy and gross.

And I like the colour blue! They should have looked at San Jose on how to do a jersey right when it comes to colours like that.

Doesn't Matt Cooke play for the Stars now? If so, we are in the same division now, so who knows if Kane and he will have another go? Cooke's still scum for what he did to that Ottawa kid, and he has a well-deserved reputation.

Thrashers... awesome jersey... what the hell

what the....

I like unique jerseys over the current edge designs. They are all too similar.

Have you seen the Panther jerseys? Shouldn't be surprising....
Cats jerseys are plain but the removed the apron strings and the offensive "jet blues" progress has been made. They need to drop the elbow stripe or the full arm strip.

OG cats jerseys are the best, can't wait for them to bring it back this season.
Loved the Thrashers' third jerseys.

su9XGnP.jpg
See this looks cool. Asymmetric design and the two tone. I like it.

The Thrashers jerseys, all of them, were some of the ugliest pieces of shit that have ever been worn in this league. Look like a drunk 11 year old put together something in MS Paint.

TUSR

Banned
TI3 was honestly one of the most exciting and entertaining sporting events this year. Following Orange through the lower bracket was amazing.
Mushi is so good, Orange did amazing. In the preliminaries it was clear that Alliance was beasting, was cheering for Na'Vi tho :(

Socreges

Banned
That man is desecrating the good name of furries everywhere.

Yea im doing physio right now too after the last time - it is feeling a bit better.
It just sucks because summers pretty much almost over and I've missed playing basketball with friends, just watch/shoot around.
I know that feeling. Knee injury put me out of commission for two months (again) this summer. Rehabbing now and it isn't going well. I think I need a better brace for when I play soccer.

Socreges

Banned
Really won't change much, I don't think. The goalies might actually be faster and, so, more effective. Hopefully they reduce it a bit further next offseason, too.

malfcn

To me it appears about 2 inches shorter, which equates to a 4'' increase in the 5 hole when making a butterfly save. It will separate the ones with technical execution. Other than the truly awful goaltenders, the reductions have made them better, increased mobility and the like.

malfcn

They rejected the 8 inch max, but the 10% reduction was approved.
There are still a few things that goalie can do to protect themselves and the 5 hole.

Knee pads are still large. The bodily exposure with the save techniques require good protection. The claim of injury has allowed the knee pads to inflate over time. The league is targeting them, but must proceed carefully.

Also, goalie such as Lundy and other are experimenting with strapping their pads differently. You can't have a riser on your skate to boost height. But if you run a strap higher behind your ankle it raises the pad when you make your butterfly save selection. I have been trying it myself lately.

I hope someone gives him a swift kick in the nads this season

Does anyone here sleep with a fan/white noise in the background while they sleep to mask their tinnitus? My ears are ringing like a motherfucker right now

RC

Banned
I hope someone gives him a swift kick in the nads this season

Does anyone here sleep with a fan/white noise in the background while they sleep to mask their tinnitus? My ears are ringing like a motherfucker right now

I do the fan thing year round. Partly because I'm never cold enough and partly because of the sound. Can't sleep in complete silence.

Top Bottom