• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

Cake Boss

Banned
The gaming side right now is ass storming right now.

Xbone priced at $500: lololololololol shit value , under powered, kinect lololol.

MS gives a free game with the console: OMG desperate much, disgusting, money hatting lololololololol.

Damned if you do, damned if you dont with these people.

Xbone priced at $500: lololololololol shit value , under powered, kinect lololol.

MS gives a free game with the console: OMG desperate much, disgusting, money hatting lololololololol.

It is funny to me how they take everything as true. I hope the XB1 gets a free game at launch but until MS says it it doesnt mean anything. So many of these rumors have turned out to be false already.

MS can do no right apparently.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Omg launching in October the war has ended before it started lololol

*slams head into keyboard repeatedly~*€!~*!^>?|>!*|*!>hindhindjindikrokm

These aren't true?

Curufinwe

It's all true apart from the "disgusting" part, which makes no sense whatsoever. Anyone who finds a company bundling a free game with a console to be disgusting is deranged.

MS is really having to scramble to add value in Europe because the Xbox One is even more expensive there compared to the PS4 than it is the US, and most of their TV features won't work there. £429 is a huge barrier to overcome.

You really think the Xbox One is good value for UK consumers at the equivalent of US $671?

People have paid way more then that for consoles through out the years. I would hate to pay that much for any console but I paid $600 for a PS3 at launch and the XB1 is a much better value then that was.

Curufinwe

People have paid way more then that for consoles through out the years. I would hate to pay that much for any console but I paid $600 for a PS3 at launch and the XB1 is a much better value then that was.

The PS3 was a Blu-Ray player at a time when stand alone machines were still very expensive, but it did have a particularly bad set of launch games.

And the 360 was a better value.

Much like the PS4 is.

You are nuts. The XB1 is a much better value then the 360 was. Way more powerful, a much better launch lineup, and way more features. A lot of the great features that the 360 has now were added over time. Comparing the consoles at launch it is no contest at all.

Curufinwe

You are nuts. The XB1 is a much better value then the 360 was. Way more powerful, a much better launch lineup, and way more features. A lot of the great features that the 360 has now were added over time. Comparing the consoles at launch it is no contest at all.

He's talking about comparing the value of the PS3 and the 360 back in November, 2006.

DopeyFish

You really think the Xbox One is good value for UK consumers at the equivalent of US $671?

Yes?

My total spend for everything gaming related for last gen was greater than $30,000

What the fuck is $100?

I pay $200 more for a NAS with a better OS, easy to justify buying Xbox One for the better OS alone. That's before you talk about Microsoft superior game procurement, better online infrastructure, better services.

I guess on the price tag, sure its worse. But you get less for the dollar. Value is more than what's on the price tag.

Cake Boss

Banned
Yes?

My total spend for everything gaming related for last gen was greater than $30,000

iOKWvZChaTyQV.gif

Curufinwe

Unfortunately for Microsoft, there aren't that many people like you in Europe which is why they're scrambling to add value to a console that's significantly more expensive than it's competitor.

DopeyFish

Unfortunately for Microsoft, there aren't that many people like you in Europe which is why they're scrambling to add value to a console that's significantly more expensive than it's competitor.

Again, they aren't scrambling

If you're going to continue to be ignorant, gamefaqs errrr gaming side is welcoming to that illogical inaccuracy.

Yes. A company that pulls in $7 billion a quarter is scrambling. Fucking roll eyes.

Thirty G's on gaming? Not even once.

My PC builds cost $5-10k too

Marvie_3

Banned
Yes?

What the fuck is $100?

I pay $200 more for a NAS with a better OS, easy to justify buying Xbox One for the better OS alone. That's before you talk about Microsoft superior game procurement, better online infrastructure, better services.

I guess on the price tag, sure its worse. But you get less for the dollar. Value is more than what's on the price tag.
izlQLcTrlHBw.gif

Curufinwe

Again, they aren't scrambling

If you're going to continue to be ignorant, gamefaqs errrr gaming side is welcoming to that illogical inaccuracy.

Yes. A company that pulls in $7 billion a quarter is scrambling. Fucking roll eyes.

They have been scrambling ever since E3. The fact that the rest of Microsoft makes a ton of money and has been propping up the division which includes Xbox for a dozen years doesn't stop the people in charge in of Xbox from panicing when preorders for their new console are soft as butter in Europe.

All the money MS makes on Windows, Server and Business isn't going to stop the guys running Xbox from getting fired if they deliver a flop.

Heretic

Yes?

What the fuck is $100?

And I thought I was crazy spending way over $1,500 on Halo stuff alone haha. Good to know I'm not alone!

*8-bit bro-fist!*

Also...

*August babies bro-fist!

The fact that the rest of Microsoft makes a ton of money and has been propping up the division which includes Xbox for a dozen years doesn't stop the people in charge in of Xbox from panicing when preorders for their new console are soft as butter in Europe.

All the money MS makes on Windows, Server and Business isn't going to stop the guys running Xbox from getting fired if they deliver a flop.

WTF is this? The XBOX division has been profitable for years now. Even with the RRoD and all the loses they incurred due to that the 360 has been profitable overall.

And I thought I was crazy spending way over $1,500 on Halo stuff alone haha. Good to know I'm not alone!

*8-bit bro-fist!*

Also...

*August babies bro-fist!

I have all 3 Halo themed 360s.

DopeyFish

The fact that the rest of Microsoft makes a ton of money and has been propping up the division which includes Xbox for a dozen years doesn't stop the people in charge in of Xbox from panicing when preorders for their new console are soft as butter in Europe.

Fun fact: one of the people I talk to often is an executive in Xbox div. I guess if you dig enough you could figure out who...

Are there even 600 games on 360?

I said in the gen, I am a pretty crazy hardcore PC gamer, too.

Curufinwe

WTF is this? The XBOX division has been profitable for years now. Even with the RRoD and all the loses they incurred due to that the 360 has been profitable overall.

The EDD contributed a whopping 3% of Microsoft's operating income in the last fiscal year. It's a sideline to their real money makers.

DopeyFish

-.-

I can agree with the first worst purchase but come on now, Dopey!

I am more mad at how bad the mario games are... I mainly use 3DS to play NES punch out and gameboy tetris

The EDD contributed a whopping 3% of Microsoft's operating income in the last fiscal year. It's a sideline to their real money makers.

Now subtract everything that loses money in EDD (which is everything without Xbox in the name) and then you have true profit of Xbox division. Which is fucking huge, FYI.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
PC+ Xbox 360 (x3) + TVs (which I use only for games) + ~600 games + PS3 (worst purchase ever) + 3DS (second worst purchase ever)

Let's see.

PC = 1500
3x Xbox = 1000
TV = 500
PS3 = 500
3DS = 200

That's only 3700... Let's say 4000.

That leaves 2600 for 600 games, which comes down to about 44.- per game. Did you really buy 600 games at FULL PRICE?!?

I just honestly can't fathom how you spent that much money. Not "how dare you", but "how did you do it".

(Okay, maybe also "how dare you")

But it is still profitable, and that is with huge losses due to Windows phone and Surface being included. No other division needs to prop up the Xbox division because the 360 is making money for them. Obviously not as much as Windows or Office is making.

Heretic

Let's see.

PC = 1500
3x Xbox = 1000
TV = 500
PS3 = 500
3DS = 200

That's only 3700... Let's say 4000.

That leaves 2600 for 600 games, which comes down to about 44.- per game. Did you really buy 600 games at FULL PRICE?!?

I just honestly can't fathom how you spent that much money. Not "how dare you", but "how did you do it".

I bet those Steam sales start to add up no matter how cheap they are.

Even though I was off Gaf for like 90% of the summer I honestly feel like console warz is all I missed.

On a completely unrelated note I'm hyped as fuck for Ottawa FolkFest in two weeks. Neil Young, Vampire Weekend and Kendrick back to back...

Best week ever

I am more mad at how bad the mario games are... I mainly use 3DS to play NES punch out and gameboy tetris

Mario 3D Land is fucking amazing.

3DS is killing it this year

Curufinwe

Now subtract everything that loses money in EDD (which is everything without Xbox in the name) and then you have true profit of Xbox division. Which is fucking huge, FYI.

Compared to the profits brought in by WIndows and Office, it is not fucking huge.

But it is still profitable, and that is with huge losses due to Windows phone and Surface being included. No other division needs to prop up the Xbox division because the 360 is making money for them. Obviously not as much as Windows or Office is making.

Go back to FY 2011 before the Surface was around. The EDD's profits were still dwarfed by other divisions.

Top Bottom