• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
It looks like he has a giant black dong in between his legs

yeah.....looks like

I forgot all about Bryzgalov. Guess everyone figures his KHL ticket is already punched?

I'd take him for the Isles on a 1 year deal. No way Nabakov can stand up to an 82 game season at this point, we need 2 decent options.

If the wrong mod stumbles into this thread the bubble will get breached.

Bish treats us well, best not push our luck.
But what has he done for me lately?

E6WawKv.jpg

Solo

Its kind of wild to think that in 40 days, I'll be

a) in Montreal watching the Habs destroy the Leafs on opening night and
b) seeing Daniel Briere, George Parros, and Douglas Murray in the CH.

Samyy

Pavel Datsyuk is supporting Russia anti-gay law. In fact, he is supporting this position:

http://nhl.si.com/2013/08/22/pavel-datsyuk-on-russian-anti-gay-law-im-orthodox-and-that-says-it-all/

Don't know how to feel about this...
If he had said no comment it would have been fine...but damn if hes aligning himself with that position.

After reading the article again it seems pretty clear hes aligning himself with the position of the Orthodox church, well there goes my respect for him.

Samyy

Just to be clear, that's not a quote from him. He said he's orthodox and no comment

Right and the position of the church is that and hes aligning himself to that church....
So... its a little bit unclear but...it sort of implies he supports that position?

Kifimbo

Just to be clear, that's not a quote from him. He said he's orthodox and no comment

No, he said “I’m an orthodox and that says it all.”

"That says it all" doesn't mean no comment. It means "I agree with the law". And it also implies "I agree with the church".

yyzjohn

Banned
No, he said “I’m an orthodox and that says it all.”

"That says it all" doesn't mean no comment. It means "I agree with the law". And it also implies "I agree with the church".

It's easier to say you agree then to speak out against it and then have to watch your back whenever you're back in Russia. He probably doesn't want any problems when's back home so he says he supports it. Government is pretty fucked up there.

It's easier to say you agree then to speak out against it and then have to watch your back whenever you're back in Russia. He probably doesn't want any problems when's back home so he says he supports it. Government is pretty fucked up there.

Why say anything then. I would think it easier to ignore tweets about it, then make it seem like you support such a horrible law.

Socreges

Banned
There are many posters who post in all of these like she does. It's not just her. A bit of confirmation bias, perhaps?

The way she goes about giving advice or posting can be abrasive for sure, but her advice is usually sound and better than other 3829273 joke replies in every topic like that. Not to mention it is nice to have the other gender's input sometimes.

Not sure what the issue is, honestly.

Though the very last part of Red's post is a good point. It does get irritating, Haha.
Major feature. In every relationship/genderized thread. To be more specific, she posts a lot in those threads and is often the one steering or even causing the specific debate. Like I said, I grow weary of her presence. Not sure why that confused you as you the mention that her posts talking about sex are irritating.

As for that, have sex on occasion and you will no longer care when people discuss their sex lives.

Socreges

Banned
I don't expect male Russian hockey players to take a stand against the law, but I'm surprised that Datsyuk came out in support of it. Would be interesting to see what Ovechkin or Malkin would say if asked. Datsyuk is older and maybe particularly bigoted.

BTW, Tanev finally resigned, immediately after Murray was off the market.

1yr, 1.5m

Similar to Schroeder, Canucks are keeping the cap hit low this season and likely hoping there's a big leap in the ceiling for next season when they're resigned (and have done more to prove their worth).

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I don't expect male Russian hockey players to take a stand against the law, but I'm surprised that Datsyuk came out in support of it. Would be interesting to see what Ovechkin or Malkin would say if asked. Datsyuk is older and maybe particularly bigoted.

BTW, Tanev finally resigned, immediately after Murray was off the market.

1yr, 1.5m

Similar to Schroeder, Canucks are keeping the cap hit low this season and likely hoping there's a big leap in the ceiling for next season when they're resigned (and have done more to prove their worth).

FINALLY that's over.

Socreges

Banned
In a way, it's gonna suck if he has an excellent 82-game season. His AAV leverage will go up significantly whereas the Canucks could have had him sign for a few years at a lower hit (though would seem risky given the small sample).

Crazed, I find it refreshing that you don't seem to agree with Datsyuk. Not what I would have expected. Shows me up for prejudice.

CCF23

My respect for Datsyuk plummeted.

He was on Teemu levels for me. Now Teemu stands alone. As it should be. As it should be.

Top Bottom