• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Kadri will sign for what he wants, Franson will be signed for what he wants, and the Leafs will bend the laws of mathematics and fit both of them under the cap.

Believe.
That meet up scrambled your poor brain Quickie... :(

I still think we keep one and trade the other.

As for Icedoesnthelp, I hope she gets the help she needs. Probably just someone to talk to.

I did a lot of reading into suicides after the incident that happened to me, a lot of times these are just cries for help, which is why the fucking cops were reluctant to show up when I called. I didn't really think anything would happen, but you never really know and if someone is asking for help, it's cause nobody was paying enough attention or cared in the first place.

19 and 21, I hope you really bust that Commandershitface's balls.

calder

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 4m

Team Canada D pairs: Doughty-M Staal; Hamhuis-Subban; Phaneuf-Seabrook; Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo-Hamonic. Last one is obviously a trio.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 7m

Team Canada lines on first walk through: Couture-Tavares-Stamkos; E Staal-Toews-Nash; St. Louis-Richards-Carter; Ladd-Getzlaf-Perry

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 3m

Guessing from the bleachers but appears a lot of what Babcock is focusing on is spacing on big ice, position, etc

bsmyzhscmaeo9v-.jpglaoul6m.jpg

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

calder

TSNBobMcKenzie7 mins Players I haven't mentioned will obviously come out for the second session. Goalies in first session: Luongo, Holtby, Smith.

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC
Gloves left on ice for next group

bsm2myecaaev1qj.jpgla3cuj5.jpg

Best random joke:
Dave Carson ‏@ingy56 5m
@FriedgeHNIC Are the Team Canada mom's making grill cheese sandwiches for everyone?

And yeah, seeing "Luongo, Holtby, Smith" typed out like that fills me with dread. COME ON QUEBEC, START SHITTING OUT FRANCHISE GOALIES AGAIN WTF.

calder

I totally keep forgetting he's from Montreal. I'm just going to channel my inner Damien Cox (eww) and pretend he's from rural Ontario to maintain my original, lazy thesis.

I said it at the time and I wasn't even joking - his podium shoot from the Cup parade should have Crow firmly ensconced as #1 starter. I'd say end the orientation now, let's go with Crawford/Price/Luongo.

Glad we got my boy Henrique signed. Not worth 4 yet. But dat game six goal is worth it. All we gotta do now is lock up jagr and Marty for 6 more years.

calder

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 8m

Second session pairs: Keith-Weber; Vlasic-Boyle; Methot-Letang; Alzner-Green. Price and Crawford in net.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 9m

Expected lines for second session: Kunitz-Crosby-Sharp; Marchand-Bergeron-Eberle; Lucic-Duchene-Neal; Hall-J. Staal-U of C player filling in

Weird line combos full of dudes who won't be in Sochi. ;)

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m

Just thinking out loud here: If Marc Staal is healthy/on top of his game, I could see Canada's projected starting 6 on D as follows:

Keith-Weber; M Staal-Doughty; Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo. Lots of variables obviously -- Petro contract situation needs resolved etc.

Marvie_3

Banned
I totally keep forgetting he's from Montreal. I'm just going to channel my inner Damien Cox (eww) and pretend he's from rural Ontario to maintain my original, lazy thesis.

I said it at the time and I wasn't even joking - his podium shoot from the Cup parade should have Crow firmly ensconced as #1 starter. I'd say end the orientation now, let's go with Crawford/Price/Luongo.

It'd probably be easier to remember he's from QC if his name was Corey Lacroixford.

I just found my EASHL goalie name.

Osorio

How much are those going for? I deleted the email.

All-Star:

Friday 10/4 vs. NY Islanders (Opening night)

Saturday 11/2 vs. Philadelphia

Friday 11/15 vs. Los Angeles

Friday 12/6 vs. Detroit

Friday 12/20 vs. Anaheim

Tuesday 12/31 vs. Pittsburgh (1pm start New Year’s Eve day)

Friday 1/3 vs. Chicago

Thursday 1/9 vs. Dallas

Thursday 2/27 vs. Columbus

Thursday 3/20 vs. Minnesota

Saturday 3/22 vs. NY Rangers

Monday 3/31 vs. Florida

Friday 4/4 vs. Washington

This is the plan I got. It's $42 a game in the upper level and you get 11/27 against Carolina for free.

Box office for Premium games in the upper level is $54 so it's a good deal imo. I'll PM you all three of the plans cuz I think the other 2 are cheaper since they're just based on weekday games or weekend games.

calder

If J-Bo or Staal make it over Subban I will slap a bitch

I honestly can't imagine Subban not being in the top 6. Not sure what Bob is huffing there, unless he's trying to overthink it like an NHL coach wou- oh shit I can suddenly imagine Subban not being a starter.

EDIT: lol Bob must be getting it from Habs fans:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 11m
Couple of things to keep in mind: who plays LD and who plays RD. This coaching staff wants at least 3 LD, maybe 4.

Your LD possibilities: Keith, JBo, M Staal, Vlasic, Hamhuis, Methot, Phaneuf, Alzner.

Your RD possibilities are: Doughty, Weber, Petro, Subban, Letang, Boyle, Seabrook, Hamonic, Green.

TUSR

Banned
Wait, did Bob really drop Letang on his list?

Marc Staal is not a second line D man on Team Canada regardless of how healthy he is.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
So there are two D left on the planet to choose one for whatever reason. Subban and Campoli, but we have to many right handed shots. I guess we better take Campoli.

fallout

Part of the issue is that Hockey Canada has historically gone with veterans in place of less experienced, but arguably better young guys. E.g., 2006 Olympic team.

Stasis

Wait, did Bob really drop Letang on his list?

Marc Staal is not a second line D man on Team Canada regardless of how healthy he is.

He can be, yes. 2nd/3rd LD in that list depending on match-ups and health.

I know he's a Ranger so we need to shit on him a bit, and he's had some injuries including one he may not be fully recovered from... but let's not underrate either.

Part of the issue is that Hockey Canada has historically gone with veterans in place of less experienced, but arguably better young guys. E.g., 2006 Olympic team.

They had some old guys in 2010 too.

Plus I believe 2006 had a lot of holdovers from the 2002 team, which won gold.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
All this Team Canada talk :'(

1. They need to respect that larger ice surface
2. They need to make the right decisions and not rely on history or how players fared last time
3. They need to pick the best players for the ice surface and not let politics get involved
4. They need top flight talent for the 1st two lines and 2 way players for the last two lines.
5. They need mobile D who can pass. I'm super jealous of Sweden with Karlsson. They don't need to play a physical game on that ice, and they need to focus on skating, passing, and puck handling (Pronger on large ice was a massive liability)
6. They need dedicated people to shut down the opposing team's offence.
7. The goaltending is fine, but I think they'll have to get used to players having more time and space to set up better shots. Additionally, they'll need to be able to skate and puck handle to take advantage of the space as well.
8. The team needs to be dynamic and be able to switch up strategies. That loss to the Swiss was fucking embarrassing and the Canadians were simply out of their depth and got ground down by that D and system.

WTF is with NHL14 and all the players being agressive? In 3 games I've played so far, all 3 games Toews has picked a fight with Chara. How is this the most realistic experience yet?

Samyy

WTF is with NHL14 and all the players being agressive? In 3 games I've played so far, all 3 games Toews has picked a fight with Chara. How is this the most realistic experience yet?

I think someone earlier mentioned they do this on purpose to show off the fighting since its their big new thing for this year.

Top Bottom