• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers have signed Ryan Malone. 2 way, $700k.

That should put the Rangers either right at or just barely over the cap.

Razorskin

----- ------
Was going to buy Habs tickets but now they sell tickets each month instead of all at once, but the young studs of tomorrow are calling me so I'd rather get WJC tickets.

TUSR

Banned
No 24/7 this year. HBO walked.

fuck this.

Won't buy a PS4 for a while yet, but good to know.

Is everyone mic'ed up?

I'll probably pick it up next year if the community is still strong.

Everyone on PS4 has a mic that i've played with, console comes with a basic one.

I always feel self conscious playing games like this co-op, like I'm wasting everyone's time if I stop to explore or something.

Its really all about having fun, when we were playing last night we go out of the way to find chests. Chest locations are specific to the group and not the individual player. You all have to loot it at the same spot, and if one person opens it too early when another isn't near it disappears from the group map.

And as far as killing goes, leave that to me. Hand cannon headshots are the GOAT.

I feel bad because I die constantly and don't kill much. I am an assist queen though.

I found that dying in some situations is beneficial because the person reviving gets a shield boost.

TUSR

Banned
Rule 24 – Penalty Shot

The 'Spin-O-Rama' move, as described in Section 24.2 of the 2013-14 NHL Rule Book, will no longer be permitted either in Penalty Shot situations or in the Shootout

Is anyone playing the other D, Diablo 3?

Yeah I still play. I'm just burnt out farming for stuff on Torment that never drops.

Awesome game though.

I always feel self conscious playing games like this co-op, like I'm wasting everyone's time if I stop to explore or something.

There doesn't seem to be much point to exploring. Maybe I'll try a Strike tonight if I have time, the endbosses in the story so far are fucking nuts.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, this is interesting...

"Rule 76 – Face-offs

To curb delay tactics on face-offs after icing infractions, in situations where the defending team is guilty of a face-off violation, following an icing, the defending player who is initially lined up for the face-off will be given a warning, but will be required to remain in the circle to take the face-off. A second face-off violation by the defending team in such situation will result in a two minute minor bench penalty."

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I feel bad because I die constantly and don't kill much. I am an assist queen though.

You tend to hang back a bit and play it safe, which is fine, but you can also switch to a sniper rifle if you're going to do that.

I also don't recall you using grenades (they recharge ya know).

Just be more aggressive and keep an eye on your shield; if it's low then fall back and let it recover...UNLIKE TUSR WHO STANDS THERE AND TAKES IT LIKE THE BULLET SPONGE HE IS! >: (

Maybe not enough interest. Last season was also quite boring.

Neither team had anybody interesting.

They had a bunch of old injured guys on one team. And they decided to cover only boring players on the other team. No awkward Kessel stuff? No Dion/Elisha stuff? Only a few dumb Carlyle moments?

I don't blame HBO at all.

Hmm, this is interesting...

"Rule 76 – Face-offs

To curb delay tactics on face-offs after icing infractions, in situations where the defending team is guilty of a face-off violation, following an icing, the defending player who is initially lined up for the face-off will be given a warning, but will be required to remain in the circle to take the face-off. A second face-off violation by the defending team in such situation will result in a two minute minor bench penalty."

I think that was always the case. The key thing here is that the player who gets the warning still stays for the faceoff.

The Bruins do it a bunch, where they send a winger in first to purposely get kicked out of the faceoff to buy time.

TUSR

Banned
You tend to hang back a bit and play it safe, which is fine, but you can also switch to a sniper rifle if you're going to do that.

I also don't recall you using grenades (they recharge ya know).

Just be more aggressive and keep an eye on your shield; if it's low then fall back and let it recover...UNLIKE TUSR WHO STANDS THERE AND TAKES IT LIKE THE BULLET SPONGE HE IS! >: (

YEAH BUT NO ONE OUT KILLS ME

unless im eating cheese apparently

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Rule 24 – Penalty Shot

The 'Spin-O-Rama' move, as described in Section 24.2 of the 2013-14 NHL Rule Book, will no longer be permitted either in Penalty Shot situations or in the Shootout.

The rulebook actually refers to it as "the spin-o-rama move"?

:lol :lol :lol

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Meh, what else would they call it?

A spin move? Maybe refer to it as something more technical since it is a rulebook? Say the player cannot spin his body around 360 degrees?

It just sounds ridiculous as "spin-o-rama."

NHL is still going to have a documentaryish show:
Josh Rimer
The NHL has just confirmed to me no more HBO 24/7, however there's going to be same access show around WC, new name, different partner.
I'm guessing some type of NBC affiliated thing.

Also, D3: The Mighty Ducks is on Netflix now. Recently got added, D1 & D2 were already on.

Samyy

Draft Order:

1) Is it October Yet
2) Under My Tortorella
3) Crosby's Waifu
4) Minnesota Nice
5) Cruisin' With Hea-
6) Swiss Canucks
7) Denver Joe Sakics
8) Philips for Captain
9) The White Way
10) Leafs Gonna Leaf