• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Calamari41

41 > 38
I was watching Japanese Smash Bros 3DS streams for 6 hours straight + 4 hours before I went to sleep last night and what am I doing with my life

The thread devolving into crying and whining over the final roster was so ridiculous. It is probably the best in any fighting game ever, even if some characters are missing which would have been nice to see. People shouldn't let things like that negatively dominate their attitudes toward something that is sure to be amazing.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The thread devolving into crying and whining over the final roster was so ridiculous. It is probably the best in any fighting game ever, even if some characters are missing which would have been nice to see. People shouldn't let things like that negatively dominate their attitudes toward something that is sure to be amazing.

Character spoiler:
Fucking Duck Hunt Dog, so psyched to finally kick his ass.

Do you own a Superstar™ David™ Clarkson™ jersey?

Haha, no. Just a superstar Mats Sundin jersey.

My comment may have been misinterpreted. I'm a cynical Leafs fan, and I haven't bought a ticket or anything in years because of their lack of caring.

I think that some of the moves may pay off, but I do not think the moves have made them Stanley Cup contenders or a lot better. They're small moves in the right direction, because Gunnarsson was overrated. Hopefully Pollak will be a bit better.

Clarkson's signing was bad. They paid him way too much.

Komarov, on the other hand, was sorely missing from the team last year. He had made a big impact in his one year with the team.

Draft Order:

Draft Order:
1) Is it October Yet
2) Under My Tortorella
3) Crosby's Waifu
4) Minnesota Nice - FUBAR McDangles
5) Cruisin' With Hea- Cake Boss
6) Swiss Canucks - Smiley90
7) Denver Joe Sakics - 19 & 21
8) Philips for Captain - Silexx
9) The White Way - Fata1moose
10) Leafs Gonna Leaf
11) Pilly Eisbaren
12) Sad Joe Thortons
13) A Serious Team - A Serious Man
14) Vinny's Bad Back
15) West Toronto Eagles
16) Pupils of the Phil - Samyy

Barf.

Going to go a little off-topic here but...

I'm not one to post personal stuff too much but I found out this morning that one of my cousins who is 4 years younger than me (20), died in a single traffic crash and alcohol was a factor. We weren't really too close but she didn't live that far away and I had actually seen her for the first time in about a year or two just last week. It's just strange that one day someone you know could be there, and the next they are gone. So I guess a quick be safe and don't drink and drive message is in order, because you not only can hurt yourself and others physically, it also takes a toll on families as a whole.

That's terrible

I'm sorry for your loss. My condolences to yourself and everyone who knew your cousin.

Officially going to the home opener against Minnesota. See you losers from the Club level.

1399250114796.gif

Majestic Mallard is entirely embodying Calamari.

I'm going to a Ducks playoff series next year btw. Friend just cancelled our group Japan snowboard trip. bae~ and I are using the funds to hit up NA, like we said we would.

They are apparently trying to kill "intent to blow" situations.

If they're trying to kill intent to blow then they should change the Winter Classic.

Thanks, my dude.

Brendan Mikkelson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3LE15AyT5g

Going to go a little off-topic here but...

Gib u big hug Craze.

I never understood drinking and driving. Even when I was 7 years old, my mum used to come in to the computer room and watch me play Test Drive on the Commodore Amiga while chugging lemonade, driving one-handed and ask what I was doing... "Drink driving, seeing why it's dangerous. It's not. I'm driving just fine".

Either way, it's all a reminder that we need to appreciate all those around us while we're there. Never let your loved ones go to bed without them knowing that you love them.

Giantbomb gave NHL 15 a 2/5. Their reviews remain great.

Sucks about Abstruse Moose, glad he made it out alright though, along with his dogs.

NHL15 is bombing on Metacritic really hard. I know Metacritic is looked down upon in GAF, but in this circumstance it really is indicative of how badly they couldn't translate to next/current gen.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Just played some PvP, that map was too big to get anywhere without a vehicle. Plus some dude with a tank was wrecking everyone, couldn't do anything against him.

I can see myself playing this a lot though.

Thanks for the best wishes guys. Much appreciated. I'm hoping I can be in a place with good enough Internet that I can stream some of the prospect/preseason games.

I'm living in a Days Inn right now and their Internet just barely works. Certainly not good enough for streaming anything.

zroid

Banned
Thanks for the best wishes guys. Much appreciated. I'm hoping I can be in a place with good enough Internet that I can stream some of the prospect/preseason games.

I'm living in a Days Inn right now and their Internet just barely works. Certainly not good enough for streaming anything.

I can't even imagine what that must be like ;_;

best of luck to you and your family going forward

Socreges

Banned

Fuck. Glad everyone's ok though

This was in Vancouver?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Christ, i get my ass kicked in PvP. Everyone kills me with one shot yet seems to be a bullet sponge when i shoot at them.

I felt like I had way more health than I should have in my first couple of fire fights. My screen was flashing red, and I figured I was going to die yet I managed to kill them somehow.

The tank two shotted me every time though, and my bullets did nothing to it.

TUSR

Banned
I'll be home at like 830.

PvP or PvE? I finished all the story missions on Venus, but haven't done any of the three Moon/Venus strikes yet.
No idea. I just got home and I'm eating. We can figure it out, you got a head set?

Christ, i get my ass kicked in PvP. Everyone kills me with one shot yet seems to be a bullet sponge when i shoot at them.
play with me if you want to win.

I'm not sure if we have anyone from Ohio in here but apparently a dude who said this:

"This hand that pulled the trigger that killed your sons now masturbates to the memory. Fuck all of you"

Just escaped prison.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=893399

Just north of Ohio, but yeah I saw this. Friend used to go to college in Lima, now he is in California. Hopefully they catch him/take him out before he does anything stupid again.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
No idea. I just got home and I'm eating. We can figure it out, you got a head set?

play with me if you want to win.

Wireless Gold brah

Destiny PvP is fun. Just gotta get close enough as a Titan to punch them in the face.

Quick

Banned
I'm level 4. Yeah.

When can I get in on some PvP action?

I popped into a story mission and I had two other players there, as well, and all they did was try to shoot me.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yeah Quick your chat wasn't working I think

I also invited TUSR and kat to my party but they were too cool for it apparently

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I see Gaf has already begun it's self eating cycle on Destiny. I'm having a lot of fun with it, even if the writing is terrible, and it's basically an open world Halo.

"An evil so dark it despises other evil"

L o l

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I see Gaf has already begun it's self eating cycle on Destiny. I'm having a lot of fun with it, even if the writing is terrible, and it's basically an open world Halo.

"An evil so dark it despises other evil"

L o l

yeah, they turned on it fast. In comparison to another game they hated right away, GTA4, I find Destiny way more fun.

GTA 4 was never good. Destiny is good, if under-delivering on the promise of it a bit.

I keep thinking that maybe I'm just not that into my +1 and part of that is that she's more into me than I am into her. I think that maybe I'm too selfish and independent. An even bigger part of that is the fact I don't love myself properly and that's all to do with my mental health.

I feel suffocated a lot, and I've said that, and this week she said that she doesn't feel like I care enough because I don't message her during the day and ask how her day is going.

She wants to talk all the time, I want to talk for about half an hour a day max. If at all. I've been independent and, technically alone (though I don't feel it) most of my life, and that's just how I've been. Sharing my life is weird, and in this particular situation I feel like I'm having to share more than what I'm comfortable with.

I know couples learn to eventually find a compromise where both their needs are met. And as it stands I put in effort more than what I naturally feel like doing, and she's restricting herself a lot more than how she wants to act. But I don't like upsetting her or making her feel inadequate.

Right now she's amazingly eager for me to come to her place tonight and meet her family. All I can think about is how much I want to be left alone.

I don't really have anywhere to say this, or anyone to talk to about it.

I'm just going to put it here and hope it isn't a mistake.

Heretic

I keep thinking that maybe I'm just not that into my +1 and part of that is that she's more into me than I am into her. I think that maybe I'm too selfish and independent. An even bigger part of that is the fact I don't love myself properly and that's all to do with my mental health.

I feel suffocated a lot, and I've said that, and this week she said that she doesn't feel like I care enough because I don't message her during the day and ask how her day is going.

She wants to talk all the time, I want to talk for about half an hour a day max. If at all. I've been independent and, technically alone (though I don't feel it) most of my life, and that's just how I've been. Sharing my life is weird, and in this particular situation I feel like I'm having to share more than what I'm comfortable with.

I know couples learn to eventually find a compromise where both their needs are met. And as it stands I put in effort more than what I naturally feel like doing, and she's restricting herself a lot more than how she wants to act. But I don't like upsetting her or making her feel inadequate.

Right now she's amazingly eager for me to come to her place tonight and meet her family. All I can think about is how much I want to be left alone.

Been there plenty of times and let go of amazing girls because of it. Wish I could go back and change things sometimes.

But this is how I am :(

Make the best of it though!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
LeBrun said today that the league plans on announcing the fines for divers every week. Great idea, and hopefully public shaming will cut down on the problem.

I'm the same way, it's hard finding a woman at a younger age that can handle that. Just keep moving on and trying to make it work, it's not worth losing someone you seem to bond with so closely over this. It's something that can be worked out.

Top Bottom