• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

GTA 4 was never good. Destiny is good, if under-delivering on the promise of it a bit.

I think they have a solid framework in place. They really need to build on it.

The core game is great, just need more (and better)content and story. And dune better social functions.

Edit: Dastardly you sound exactly like me. Although I kind of got over things and been married for several years now. Took her several years to get through my "wall".
No right answer for this, you got to decide what you want out of life.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Seriously Dastardly, tough it out for a bit. I felt very similarly with my now wife back when we were starting out, and looking back I can see that it was just a shock to my system. I was also used to having 100% freedom and all of that. Give it a chance and keep working at it together.

I made a seriously good move spilling all that out to you folks. Thanks.

You're all absolutely right. She's a great girl and I need to not feel so defensive and shelled-up.

Calamari41

41 > 38
136394911-silhouette-of-birds-flying-in-sunset-gettyimages.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
NHL-Gaf flies together.

On another note, why in the fuck am I playing against guys who are level 24 when I'm level 10? This is so dumb and ruins any enjoyment I could have in MP right now.

Red_Man

They remove levels from the capture and hold mode, but abilities stay. No one is out-statted though.
I see, I must just be shit then. I've only played a few matches, but it feels like some guys just won't die.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Rule 24 – Penalty Shot

The 'Spin-O-Rama' move, as described in Section 24.2 of the 2013-14 NHL Rule Book, will no longer be permitted either in Penalty Shot situations or in the Shootout

We need a new thread for this. This is the biggest existential threat to hockey since the glowing puck.

Rule 76 – Face-offs

To curb delay tactics on face-offs after icing infractions, in situations where the defending team is guilty of a face-off violation, following an icing, the defending player who is initially lined up for the face-off will be given a warning, but will be required to remain in the circle to take the face-off. A second face-off violation by the defending team in such situation will result in a two minute minor bench penalty.

What? They're no longer "tossin' clowns?" Why do I even watch this sport?!

Socreges

Banned
Soccer season starting. I recruited this kid from Nigeria who's extremely talented. He finally signed yesterday so I can stop worrying that he'll get poached by another team (almost happened last week).

Now I need to accept the fact that he isn't going anywhere and will continue to be a massive dependent and fucking irritant. He's constantly messaging me asking for help. I've pointed him to Google on two occasions tonight. I understand he's a kid and fresh from another continent but figure it out bud

Also DKCTF is phenomenal. Possibly the best 2D platformer ever - does everything brilliantly.

Also Dastardly you just need to compromise a bit if you want it to work. Unless she's the problem. But if it's just you then yeah it's going to take some work on your part to make it work. Which it sounds like you're doing

Quick

Banned
Keep at it, Dastardly. Don't bail out just yet!

Had a good time finally getting together with NHL-GAF for a Destiny session.

I still have instances where I want to be left the fuck alone after 4 years, Dastardly. It ebbs and flows. Nothing to act on impulse over. You'll know if it's becoming a legitimate problem if it persists for more than a few days/weeks at a time.

I like the current schedule. She only see's me on Wednesday night and gets involved with whatever I'm doing on the weekend. I was meant to have an easy/clean/sober weekend (after a month of us doing things every weekend all weekend) not including Friday nights excursion to her parents place. But then Saturday she wanted me to meet up with her best friend and her partner, and on Sunday night wanted to do something...

I'm just sitting here like...

... If I had my PS4, you would only see me on Friday night.

Wow playing with pubs equals getting rekted still I see.

Yeah, drinking at pubs usually does that.

I liked being left alone, but it's creeping back up to me.

I was only open to dating after 8 months of solitude. That creeping feeling is the worst.

I'm awful at the Crucible. Then again, I've never been that good at Halo. It wasn't something I ever really got into, despite loving shooters.

Red_Man

I'm awful at the Crucible. Then again, I've never been that good at Halo. It wasn't something I ever really got into, despite loving shooters.
Crucible is a lot more like Halo 4 multiplayer than Halo 2's which isn't a compliment. I'm not really a fan so far due to all the abilities, but maybe it will grow on me.

Fuck. Glad everyone's ok though

This was in Vancouver?

Nope, I'm in Niagara Falls. There's been 5 fires in 3 days here. My house, 3 sheds/garages, and a laundromat that was in a plaza. There was a grocery store and a drug store attached that had to shut down temporarily and throw out all their supplies.

Cake Boss

Banned
Crusible would be perfect if they just raised the health of the guardians just a bit and toned down the auto aim by 50%.

Control is hopeless without a decent crew, even if you end up with 3-5K of points the team will still lose.

And wtf at the crappier players unlocking better shit than the people higher in the scoreboard?

Seriously Dastardly, tough it out for a bit. I felt very similarly with my now wife back when we were starting out, and looking back I can see that it was just a shock to my system. I was also used to having 100% freedom and all of that. Give it a chance and keep working at it together.

I'm going to second this. I had a hard time with the loss of free time when the wife and I moved in together. It was well worth toughing out.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Aw son of a bitch

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=893579

Fuck PC gaming sometimes.

I hate this shit, but sometimes it works as intended. I double dipped on Dark Souls 2 because of this staggered release garbage, and now it looks like I may be double dipping on GTAV. Though I will definitely wait until a massive Steam Sale for that... There are few non-Souls games that I am willing to buy twice at full price mere months apart.

What didn't you like about it?

Long list, but basically I expected more across the board. I didn't like any of the missions(didn't finish the game, but got a good way through). I thought the story was shit. Character writing was alright, but I hated all of the characters. Good presentation, I guess. Made me realize how long it's actually been since I've enjoyed a game made by Rockstar so I'm happy about that at least.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I wish I could go back and tell myself to not be an idiot about GTA V. What a waste of fucking money.

I was burned big time by GTA IV (I hated the shit out of it after hearing about how it was the best game since Ocarina of Time, etc) which is why I have waited a year so far to consider getting GTA V. Can you go into more detail so I don't feel violated again?

E: Thanks breh!

I was burned big time by GTA IV (I hated the shit out of it after hearing about how it was the best game since Ocarina of Time, etc) which is why I have waited a year so far to consider getting GTA V. Can you go into more detail so I don't feel violated again?

E: Thanks breh!

I didn't like 4 either but thought that they would be able to improve from there. Aside from the presentation I don't think there's a whole lot of improvement with 5. But I mean, there are plenty of people who like 5, and I'm sure there are people who like 5 and not 4. I'm definitely not one of either.

Curufinwe

The only Rockstar games I've liked are Midnight Club 2 and Midnight Club LA. Almost all of their characters being unlikable scumbags just doesn't appeal to me.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
10.67 KDR

Kat captures points, I kill people.

I checked my medals and I have 7 for "Objectively Correct" and 5 for "Hat Trick". Wish you got more points for capturing.

My highest medal count was for 12 "back in action" meaning I finally killed someone after dying 5 times with no kills. LOL If I don't get better at killing people in PvP I'm not sure how many of the modes I can actually do.

Calamari41

41 > 38
The big thing I took away from that thread: Sleeping Dogs is getting a definitive edition for the PS4 and Xbox One.

Sleeping Dogs is better than every GTA before V, which I just haven't played. If anybody here hasn't tried Sleeping Dogs, please do so. It is really, really, really good, and absolutely gorgeous on PC (and I'm sure will be on PS4/Bone as well).

Top Bottom