• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Quick is creating a whole new world of hidden fetish material in So. Cal.

The thing is when he is with me he does his work by himself. I check it afterwards or if he has a problem. When I took him home at the end of summer he was progressing really well.

I told them their teaching methods more than likely suck.

nah they're douchebags. My son hates it with them. He tells everyone that once I find a full time job and a get my own place he is moving with me. He told his mom he doesn't care if I am gone all the time. All he cares about is how I don't yell at him and that's why he does what I say.

Sounds like you're doing an awesome job on your end and your kid understands it. Maybe the more him leaving becomes a possibility, the more effort they'll put into his life? Kind of a win/win situation however that would play out.

I just wish I could do something. Anything.

Wish I had advice to offer, but as Heretic said not being able to help just sucks. It's good that you know she can rebound from it.

I CAN'T STOP.

ibxyN1Rt9dzWcm.jpg

tumblr_n9lj3fc3OV1s5e5bko1_400.gif

Socreges

Banned
I'm generally of the mind that athletes are people with the following stereotypes:
- Right wing.
- Bad fashion.
- Bad music taste.
- Misogynistic in nature, but not intentionally.
- A constant 'team' state of mind which makes them very open to influence from team mates and peers.

So whenever I come across something that goes against the grain, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Like finding out Tony Lydman is in a metal band. Fuck yeah.
A few nutjobs aren't a representative sample, of course. I'd say it's more a product of uneducated folk having less temperance.

My girl is a recovering bulimic and has had some major setbacks in the last 2 days. We've got a lot of balls in the air, and I warned her that with all of the added responsibilities and stress that she's going to probably have a rough patch as stress is a big trigger for her. She just started school (which was what toppled her and sent her into a bulimic spiral for months back in February) and she just received a literal gift horse from her mom.

It's not the mishaps that are upsetting, not really. It's just that while in full swing, the way she talks about herself and her life is completely divorced from who she actually is and what she actually wants. It's the resignation to this monster that completely destroys me, when she tells me she wants to be a prisoner to it and the like. Completely terrifying. But I take solace in the fact that every time this has happened, she always comes back from it.

Wow sorry to hear that man.

I'm going through a very similar situation only it's depression.

It's so hard to watch at times now I'm depressed because of it.

Life can blow chunks at times and it always comes at the worst time.

Stasis

You should do Stamkos, Tavares and Subban in Leafs jerseys. Together. Holding a cup.

A cup. Like a regular cup. Not THE cup. Has to be semi-believable.

Also, I must now listen to ATCQ all day long. Award Tour so good.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dreger said:
I remember Michel Therrien telling me maybe a year ago that he could see PK Subban as captain of the MTL Canadiens
That's some pretty big news if true.....not sure why he's never mentioned that before.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Quick, you are officially on the shit list. You'd better come up with some great pro-Ducks content this season or my days of laughing at your jokes are over.

My girl is a recovering bulimic and has had some major setbacks in the last 2 days. We've got a lot of balls in the air, and I warned her that with all of the added responsibilities and stress that she's going to probably have a rough patch as stress is a big trigger for her. She just started school (which was what toppled her and sent her into a bulimic spiral for months back in February) and she just received a literal gift horse from her mom.

It's not the mishaps that are upsetting, not really. It's just that while in full swing, the way she talks about herself and her life is completely divorced from who she actually is and what she actually wants. It's the resignation to this monster that completely destroys me, when she tells me she wants to be a prisoner to it and the like. Completely terrifying. But I take solace in the fact that every time this has happened, she always comes back from it.

Is she in or has she been in therapy? I have a co-worker whose daughter went through these issues as well, it's really rough.

Red_Man

Heads up for Habs fans, the last rookie scrimmage starts any minute, and it will be Scherbak's first scrimmage with the team. I believe he's #38.

Wow sorry to hear that man.

I'm going through a very similar situation only it's depression.

It's so hard to watch at times now I'm depressed because of it.

Life can blow chunks at times and it always comes at the worst time.
The worst thing I've found is isolating when there are problems. Trying to deal with it solo is always worse than talking to people, not even necessarily about the issues themselves.
Quick, you are officially on the shit list. You'd better come up with some great pro-Ducks content this season or my days of laughing at your jokes are over.

Is she in or has she been in therapy? I have a co-worker whose daughter went through these issues as well, it's really rough.

She's been dealing with this for 10 years. In and out of therapy, couple of treatment centers. It has its hooks so deep, and tearing each hook out one by one has been a confusing and fucked up process.

I'm really sorry to hear about that brother. Good on you for hanging in there, though.

It's really tough when all you can do is help someone manage what's going on.

Preliminary lines for tomorrow's rookie game against the Caps which will be streamed on CSN Philly's website.

Leier-Laughton-Aube-Kubel
Straka-Cousins-Alderson
Marcotte-Fazleev-Jevpalovs

Morin-Ghost
Hagg-Pettersson
Sanhiem-Lamarche

Stolarz
Oulette

Goalies will split half the game.

Capitals rookies
Forwards
Jakub Vrana / Andre Burakovsky/ Caleb Herbert
Kevin Elgestal / Chandler Stephenson / Nathan Walker
Braden Pimm / Miles Koules / Cole Wilson
Ben Woodley / Liam O’Brien / Braden Christoffer

Defensemen
Madison Bowey / Christian Djoos
Michal Cajkovsky / Garrett Haar
Wade Epp / Tyler Lewington

Goalies
Pheonix Copley
Vitek Vanecek

I've never heard of anybody on those bottom two lines.

Have a feeling that Bowey will disappoint will all the hype.

Red_Man

Sekac, and Andrighetto clearly a step ahead of everyone else. Andrighetto reminds me of a more offensively talented Gallagher. Scherbak is just there, expected for his first camp.

Edit: Nevins fighting Imama lmao........kid is a total goon, can't wait to see Therrien slot him in over Sekac.

Red_Man

TSN Launches TSN Hockey Analytics

TSN today announced a major expansion to its industry-leading hockey news and information team with the debut of TSN Hockey Analytics – a new focus on advanced stats.

Travis Yost, Scott Cullen, and James Mirtle join TSN Hockey Analytics as regular contributors this season

The TSN Hockey Analytics team breaks down Corsi, Fenwick, zone starts, and more advanced stats from this new frontier of the hockey world. TSN Hockey Analytics will be featured in original content, delivering a new perspective to the industry-leading hockey coverage across TSN platforms

http://www.bellmediapr.ca/Network/TSN/Press/TSN-Launches-TSN-Hockey-Analytics

Top Bottom