• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

BxnaPatIUAEjO2a.jpg

UNF UNF UNF

Dude cares so much about his hair but doesn't touch his eyebrows?

lol ok Ekblad. More like Ekblah amirite?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yea Mirtle is pretty great, Bruce Arthur is pretty good too.

I like Mirtle because he's brutally honest majority of the time which is refreshing to see.

He just can get insufferable when he goes full out advanced stats, but that's been very rare lately.

Jonas Siegel is who I go to when I just want Leafs optimism.

What sucks is working in IT in a place that has old resources and very little of them.

Where your current rollout is a SEO standard workplace setup that would've been to standard in 2007.

Single 15" monitors for all.

... And everybody wanting dual monitors.

... ... And your computers can only handle 1 VGA, 1 DVI and 1 display port.

... ... ... And you only have VGA cables.

Why is it that any time a hockey player says anything about their political beliefs they're always terrible beliefs? Makes me wonder how many politically acceptable players would be left for people to cheer for if everyone put everything out there.

Why is it that any time a hockey player says anything about their political beliefs they're always terrible beliefs? Makes me wonder how many politically acceptable players would be left for people to cheer for if everyone put everything out there.

What happened?

Quick

Banned
Ex and her future husband being douche bags. Trying to blame me for my son not being up to par in his class. You know because they blame the person that only sees him 4 days out of the month.

That's tough, Kaep.

I don't know what I'd do in that situation. You could throw it back at them, but at the same time, that doesn't help anyone.

I guess you could just make sure he's up to date anytime he's with you.

The NHL, thankfully, hasn't turned out as many terrible beliefs and opinions as other leagues.

Ex and her future husband being douche bags. Trying to blame me for my son not being up to par in his class. You know because they blame the person that only sees him 4 days out of the month.

Fuck those clowns. Advise them it's in YOUR sons best interests to not play the blame game and instead focus on SOLUTIONS. Partly because the blame game is their way of passing on the responsibility while being echo chambers for each other to preach about how they aren't responsible in the first place. Congratulations fuckbags, you've officially protected your own precious egos and damaged your sons and the fathers self esteem instead. Classic deflection. Now solve the issue of what's causing your son to not perform well and foster a loving environment so that he isn't concentrating on other things and is able to concentrate on school instead.

(Sorry, I don't mean to call them fuckbags since I don't know them, but that situation outrages me. I'm a child of parents that separated when I was in high school and it fucked with me majorly.)

I'm generally of the mind that athletes are people with the following stereotypes:
- Right wing.
- Bad fashion.
- Bad music taste.
- Misogynistic in nature, but not intentionally.
- A constant 'team' state of mind which makes them very open to influence from team mates and peers.

So whenever I come across something that goes against the grain, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Like finding out Tony Lydman is in a metal band. Fuck yeah.

That's tough, Kaep.

I don't know what I'd do in that situation. You could throw it back at them, but at the same time, that doesn't help anyone.

I guess you could just make sure he's up to date anytime he's with you.

The thing is when he is with me he does his work by himself. I check it afterwards or if he has a problem. When I took him home at the end of summer he was progressing really well.

I told them their teaching methods more than likely suck.

Fuck those clowns. Advise them it's in YOUR sons best interests to not play the blame game and instead focus on SOLUTIONS. Partly because the blame game is their way of passing on the responsibility while being echo chambers for each other to preach about how they aren't responsible in the first place. Congratulations fuckbags, you've officially protected your own precious egos and damaged your sons and the fathers self esteem instead. Classic deflection. Now solve the issue of what's causing your son to not perform well and foster a loving environment so that he isn't concentrating on angst and is able to concentrate on school instead.

(Sorry, I don't mean to call them fuckbags since I don't know them, but that situation outrages me. I'm a child of parents that separated when I was in high school and it fucked with me majorly.)

nah they're douchebags. My son hates it with them. He tells everyone that once I find a full time job and a get my own place he is moving with me. He told his mom he doesn't care if I am gone all the time. All he cares about is how I don't yell at him and that's why he does what I say.

I think I can guess why they're blaming you for his school situation, the way you make it sound he talks about you as though you're the biggest influence in his life. It's possible that he's acting out in school as a "fuck you" to his current living situation, but that's just an opinion based on limited details.

Also of course they want no blame in it, they probably don't want to lose him all things told and accepting blame would be admitting defeat.

I think I can guess why they're blaming you for his school situation, the way you make it sound he talks about you as though you're the biggest influence in his life. It's possible that he's acting out in school as a "fuck you" to his current living situation, but that's just an opinion based on limited details.

No they literally told me that the two days I had him this month destroyed their progress. Which is even more BS because I was the one that made him do his homework. His mom "forgot" until she remembered right before I picked him up.

nah they're douchebags. My son hates it with them. He tells everyone that once I find a full time job and a get my own place he is moving with me. He told his mom he doesn't care if I am gone all the time. All he cares about is how I don't yell at him and that's why he does what I say.

Wow, it's almost like fostering a positive environment does wonders for a childs attentiveness.

My Dads wife does this thing with my autistic brother where instead of saying no they suggest alternatives. And it's done absolute wonders for him. They're stern with him when he doesn't do something, but he's more receptive when they suggest alternatives. Didn't want to take a bath? How about take a shower and if he does then he gets yoghurt. Doesn't want to go to karate? How about if he does, he gets 15 minutes on the iPad.

Raising your voice and being a shitty drill sergeant is so 1982.

This is coming from someone that isn't a parent and is shitty at relationships.

Dustin, Jeff, and Michael got you, Kaep. Kings Crown Together.

iQmiuL91NI99A.gif

You've sullied our Ducks GIF :(

Too far, Quick. Too far.

Quick went too far when he shopped Manning into an avs sweater. The monster must be destroyed.

His absolute power has corrupted him. He's not just walking over lines, he's actively seeking to trample over them. Walking around with lines all on his belt, as trophies. It's disgusting.

Who will stand up to his reign of terror?

I would, but I'd be afraid that he'd photoshop an LA Kings jersey on Selanne.

Wow, it's almost like fostering a positive environment does wonders for a childs attentiveness.

My Dads wife does this thing with my autistic brother where instead of saying no they suggest alternatives. And it's done absolute wonders for him. They're stern with him when he doesn't do something, but he's more receptive when they suggest alternatives. Didn't want to take a bath? How about take a shower and if he does then he gets yoghurt. Doesn't want to go to karate? How about if he does, he gets 15 minutes on the iPad.

Raising your voice and being a shitty drill sergeant is so 1982.

This is coming from someone that isn't a parent and is shitty at relationships.

Too far, Quick. Too far.

I do the alternative thing. It works really well. The biggest problem is my ex was raised in a very strict Mexican home. So she thinks she should be stern and there is no leeway for the child. He's wrong if she says so. I wasn't raised like that because my dad was brought up in a real shitty environment so he did everything he could to make sure he wasn't like his father (my grandfather was every bad Irish stereotype put into one man).

Quick

Banned

Too far, Quick. Too far.

I'M SORRY.

His absolute power has corrupted him. He's not just walking over lines, he's actively seeking to trample over them. Walking around with lines all on his belt, as trophies. It's disgusting.

Who will stand up to his reign of terror?

I would, but I'd be afraid that he'd photoshop an LA Kings jersey on Selanne.

WHY DID YOU SAY THIS?!

WHY DID YOU SAY THIS?!

Because that is the most hurtful thing anybody could ever do to a Ducks fanbase.

You know our Kryptonite now. This is how much we trust and love you. Use it well.

I do the alternative thing. It works really well. The biggest problem is my ex was raised in a very strict Mexican home. So she thinks she should be stern and there is no leeway for the child. He's wrong if she says so. I wasn't raised like that because my dad was brought up in a real shitty environment so he did everything he could to make sure he wasn't like his father (my grandfather was every bad Irish stereotype put into one man).

What are you doing that works so well apart from not yelling at him?

Of course not every child can be brought up the same way and what not. There's no secret 'one golden rule' that works for every kid.

You know what's working best and that's the important thing.

Speaking of Selanne when is the retirement game? I want to go to it.

No individual tickets available for it. You gotta buy a Mini Plan or nothing at all.

What are you doing that works so well apart from not yelling at him?

Of course not every child can be brought up the same way and what not. There's no secret 'one golden rule' that works for every kid.

You know what's working best and that's the important thing.

I just talk to him like a person. He has a problem with something I do he will let me know and we will talk. I have a problem with the way he is acting I ask him if we can talk about what is bothering him.

EDIT:

When did this happen?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=130210421&postcount=12

What's going on?
What's wrong?
Let's rap, bro
lets get serious here

1329602.jpg

My girl is a recovering bulimic and has had some major setbacks in the last 2 days. We've got a lot of balls in the air, and I warned her that with all of the added responsibilities and stress that she's going to probably have a rough patch as stress is a big trigger for her. She just started school (which was what toppled her and sent her into a bulimic spiral for months back in February) and she just received a literal gift horse from her mom.

It's not the mishaps that are upsetting, not really. It's just that while in full swing, the way she talks about herself and her life is completely divorced from who she actually is and what she actually wants. It's the resignation to this monster that completely destroys me, when she tells me she wants to be a prisoner to it and the like. Completely terrifying. But I take solace in the fact that every time this has happened, she always comes back from it.

I just wish I could do something. Anything.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
My girl is a recovering bulimic and has had some major setbacks in the last 2 days. We've got a lot of balls in the air, and I warned her that with all of the added responsibilities and stress that she's going to probably have a rough patch as stress is a big trigger for her. She just started school (which was what toppled her and sent her into a bulimic spiral for months back in February) and she just received a literal gift horse from her mom.

It's not the mishaps that are upsetting, not really. It's just that while in full swing, the way she talks about herself and her life is completely divorced from who she actually is and what she actually wants. It's the resignation to this monster that completely destroys me, when she tells me she wants to be a prisoner to it and the like. Completely terrifying. But I take solace in the fact that every time this has happened, she always comes back from it.

I'm sorry to hear that. Eating disorders are rough.

Heretic

Oh man... Sorry, bud. Not being able to do anything to help completely sucks.

Top Bottom