• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Acid08

Banned
A page of posts of hate cause I complained about having to line up for 10hrs for an iPhone? I don't get what's wrong with my post, wouldn't you want to complain if you had to wait that long when you weren't expecting to? And you thought you would be under awnings the entire time so you didn't bring an umbrella to realize there's a bunch of construction blocking off the awning areas and line was moving slow so you had to stand in rain for several hours.
Boo fucking hoo

You should make more posts about the Chinese ruining your life.

iLLmAtlc

if you are right handed you need to shoot left if you want to play the game the white way. you need to to poke check and play defence which requires you to hold the stick with one hand. shooting right when you're right handed is a good way to show everybody you're a euro

if you are right handed you need to shoot left if you want to play the game the white way. you need to to poke check and play defence which requires you to hold the stick with one hand. shooting right when you're right handed is a good way to show everybody you're a euro

You raise a really good point. I intend on playing D when I return to playing, so poke checking with my right hand is gonna be essential.

Tabris

It was the ultimate #FirstWorldProblems post, that's all.

Yeah I know it's first world problems, but does that mean I can't complain? It was an entire day wasted (outside a cool phone) which who wouldn't complain about?

You should make more posts about the Chinese ruining your life.

You mis-read my thoughts on that. I was upset about China government delaying the launch which caused a huge demand in areas like Hong Kong and Vancouver to send it over to mainland China for much higher prices or to friends & family who can't get an iPhone.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yeah I know it's first world problems, but does that mean I can't complain? It was an entire day wasted (outside a cool phone) which who wouldn't complain about?

Yeah you can complain. And we can laugh at it. Let's move on with our lives.

If your therapy is whining on a video-game forum and actively seeking sympathy, then I'd suggest a healthier alternative...

Like a nice 5km run, and some herbal tea. Follow it up with some yoga. Then set yourself on fire.

Acid08

Banned
If your therapy is whining on a video-game forum and actively seeking sympathy, then I'd suggest a healthier alternative...

Like a nice 5km run, and some herbal tea. Follow it up with some yoga. Then set yourself on fire.
Is setting yourself on fire part of the yoga? Shit is so new wave health.

Ah shit, I didn't mean it to be nasty or some sort of "go kill urself" hybrid comment. Just a elbownudge.

Sorry Tabris.

Being in Vancouver I thought you were up on all the hip new exercise fads.

See, setting yourself on fire is a great way to burn calories, open your pores for easy cleansing and a great way to keep warm during the upcoming winter period.

Exactly. A way for people to roll their eyes at everyone that's into Hot Yoga.

Marvie_3

Banned

:lol :lol :lol

My DDP yoga doesn't have anything about setting myself on fire. I'm doing it wrong. :(

If Andersen and Gibby get hurt we're stuck with LaBarbera...

Bobkov looked good in the futures game at least...

Money's on Bobkov taking the helm if both goalies drop.

I'd be interested to see what other teams are using as a third-string goalie actually.

Leafs and Canucks are the only 1Cs I've heard about so far this preseason.

Quick

Banned
I'm looking online at clothes instead of games.

I feel like an adult.

I'm also looking for new avatar material. Suggestions?

Tabris

Ah shit, I didn't mean it to be nasty or some sort of "go kill urself" hybrid comment. Just a elbownudge.

Sorry Tabris.

You did. It's okay, I get it. I talk trash, no reason not to expect trash talk back. I just wasn't in this thread for a while, but I've talked enough trash talk to last a lifetime so it's forever stuck :)

EDIT - I'm also sensitive today cause like always my team lost in the big game. Forever cursed :(

Merguson

Banned
ByF9ojZIMAA5byY.jpg:large

Trotz changing the culture.

I'm looking online at clothes instead of games.

I feel like an adult.

I'm also looking for new avatar material. Suggestions?

IKR. It's a weird feeling when you find yourself instinctively going to ASOS instead of JB on payday. But there's no greater feeling than receiving some nifty clothes. It's been happening the past 2 years, and I've only just adjusted to it.

Now I only go when I know there's something I want to preorder. Bargain impulse hunting be damned.

Yeah, nah. It came off as that, but I didn't intend it. I may be a shitcunt, but I'm above telling people to kill themselves.

Quick

Banned
A note to all teams: just don't put the fucking logo on the carpet if you don't want anyone stepping on it.

Hang it up on the wall or something.

The point is to respect the logo by not stepping or covering it, but that's such a waste of space.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
A note to all teams: just don't put the fucking logo on the carpet if you don't want anyone stepping on it.

Hang it up on the wall or something.

The point is to respect the logo by not stepping or covering it, but that's such a waste of space.

And take your god damned shoes off!

Quick

Banned
IKR. It's a weird feeling when you find yourself instinctively going to ASOS instead of JB on payday. But there's no greater feeling than receiving some nifty clothes. It's been happening the past 2 years, and I've only just adjusted to it.

Now I only go when I know there's something I want to preorder. Bargain impulse hunting be damned.

Not that I'm new to clothes shopping or anything, but it's funny how much I feel I've changed in the past year.

I've never gone for the full "gamer" look, but I probably came close to it.

And take your god damned shoes off!

20060408041503!Cherry_don01.jpg

Acid08

Banned

The shirt Subban is wearing on the front page is pretty dumb looking

Not that I'm new to clothes shopping or anything, but it's funny how much I feel I've changed in the past year.

I've never gone for the full "gamer" look, but I probably came close to it.

The full gamer look being jeans and a t-shirt and the shirt being some sort of game/tv show reference?

I keep getting shirts in Lootcrate, and when I wear one of them around the house (never outside) I feel like the worlds biggest dork.

Yet somehow I have no qualms with walking around with a band shirt on.

Some goddamn archaic mentality at play there. Or maybe "gamer culture" (lol) has just disappointed me that much lately that association in any form is cringe-worthy.

The Warhammer 40k hoodie that Bish traded to me for a copy of NHL94 is awesome though. Comfy AND discrete. You wouldn't know it was WH40k unless you knew the insignia for the Necrons.

The shirt Subban is wearing on the front page is pretty dumb looking

Normcore fashion is dumb as hell.

I've got some game shirts that are pretty fucking deep cuts which keeps me safe from being seen as "LOL HES GOT A ZELDA SHIRT ON" or some shit like that if I wear them out.

Acid08

Banned
Looked up normcore

Normcore is a unisex fashion trend characterized by unpretentious, average-looking clothing. The term combines the words "normal" and "hardcore", and was coined by K-Hole, a trend forecasting group

yo what

also why in the fuck would you name your company K-Hole that has all kinds of negative connotations though that's probably why they did it

lmao trend forecasting group

Marvie_3

Banned
The full gamer look being jeans and a t-shirt and the shirt being some sort of game/tv show reference?

I keep getting shirts in Lootcrate, and when I wear one of them around the house (never outside) I feel like the worlds biggest dork.

Some goddamn archaic mentality at play there. Or maybe "gamer culture" (lol) has just disappointed me that much lately that association in any form is cringe-worthy.

The Warhammer 40k hoodie that Bish traded to me for a copy of NHL94 is awesome though. Comfy AND discrete. You wouldn't know it was WH40k unless you knew the insignia for the Necrons.

Normcore fashion is dumb as hell.
pssssht.....I wear my Mario Tennis shirt around and give no fucks

Samyy

I need to go shopping :(
Need a new coat, why are clothes so expensive? Fuck.

Also fedoras/trenchcoats look fine on old people, but yeah, 20 something white dudes can't really....

Marvie_3

Banned
To each their own. I don't judge anyone that does. I just personally feel like a dork myself.

If anyone wears a fedora and/or a trenchcoat though, then I judge.

If it's a simple gaming shirt, it's not a huge deal. At least it's not those fucking thousand color anime shirts that those basement dwellers wear.

And yeah, fedoras....there's like 3 people on earth that can pull those off. Don't do it.

I need to go shopping :(
Need a new coat, why are clothes so expensive? Fuck.

Also fedoras/trenchcoats look fine on old people, but yeah, 20 something white dudes can't really....

I was amazed at how expensive NHL clothes have gotten. Haven't bought any in awhile so I was checking them out in a store yesterday. $30 for a t-shirt? Fuck off.

Samyy

If it's a simple gaming shirt, it's not a huge deal. At least it's not those fucking thousand color anime shirts that those basement dwellers wear.

And yeah, fedoras....there's like 3 people on earth that can pull those off. Don't do it.

I feel like only really super handsome guys can pull em off, but they'd probably look better without it anyway.

Quick

Banned

Holy shit.

Not just any type of gaming shirt, obnoxious ones.

I don't rag on anyone wearing anything that reflects their interest, but it's simply a matter of my tastes changing. I think I gave away most of my gaming shirts already. None of them are anything extreme or obnoxious, though.

Blank/plain shirts is where it's at.

Marvie_3

Banned
Holy shit.

Not just any type of gaming shirt, obnoxious ones.

I don't rag on anyone wearing anything that reflects their interest, but it's simply a matter of my tastes changing. I think I gave away most of my gaming shirts already. None of them are anything extreme or obnoxious, though.

Blank/plain shirts is where it's at.
This is what I do most of the time unless I want to dress up a bit, in which case I bust out the tuxedo t-shirt.

Top Bottom