• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

calder

Anyone been to a Coyotes game in Glendale? I'm probably going with my family this winter, is there any cool shit in Phoenix worth looking at or should we just get a hotel as close to Jobing as possible?

Calamari41

41 > 38
Anyone been to a Coyotes game in Glendale? I'm probably going with my family this winter, is there any cool shit in Phoenix worth looking at or should we just get a hotel as close to Jobing as possible?

My friends and I go to Spring Training in Tempe every year. The tri-city area there is pretty decent, but it's more of a place to live than a place to visit. The area around ASU's campus is pretty cool, lots of restaurants and bars. I would go there for sure if you're going to be in the area for more than just the game.

It's pretty fun. Its amazing the amount of girls who will send you naked pictures of themselves without you even asking for them once you get their number haha

See on one hand this makes me insanely jealous.

On the other I have an amazing gf that I will probably marry sometime soon.

Tell me this Solo. Is Tinder ever used for threesomes?

Solo

I suppose so, yes. I havent had one. Theres also another apper called 3nder (pronounced Thrinder) which is Tinder specifically for threesomes.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
AFAIK 3nder is only for couples, and I'm not sure you want to find a 3rd on a random app regardless.

Red_Man

I have a bunch of buddies that have used it regularly and I've yet to see a girl who was a 7 or more actually hook up with a guy over it. Pretty sure if you're that attractive you're not using an app to find guys to sleep with.

caps-winter-classic-logo2.jpg

EridhKm.gif

calder

Cautionary Tale: How the Winnipeg Jets Ended Up with the NHL's Worst Goaltending

Pavelec was 24 years old when he signed the contract; goalies may not generally improve a lot after age 24, but consensus wisdom is that they can and often do (in this, as in other instances, consensus wisdom and reality don’t necessarily have a strong correlation). Pavelec’s pedigree made such a projection easy; he was an early draft pick and had excelled in high-profile tournaments both at the U-18 and the senior level.

Beyond that, Pavelec’s NHL experience permitted multiple interpretations. An optimist—and as we’ve established, it was easy to be optimistic about Pavelec—would have called 2011-12 a down season. Pavelec had two full NHL campaigns before it and had improved from a .906 save percentage to .914 number; if the latter was his true talent level and 2011-12 an aberration, the Jets had a chance to lock in a solid goalie at a reasonable price.

bax3vh6aey.gif

calder

You kids with your Tinders sicken me. In my day you picked up girls for ill-advised sexual trysts the old fashioned way - you winked at them across the bar, bought a couple of drinks then went home alone and jerked off to low res JPGs labouriously downloaded one at a time from Kazaa by your 56K fax/modem.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You kids with your Tinders sicken me. In my day you picked up girls for ill-advised sexual trysts the old fashioned way - you winked at them across the bar, bought a couple of drinks then went home alone and jerked off to low res JPGs labouriously downloaded one at a time from Kazaa by your 56K fax/modem.

I thought back in your day you'd have to win a joust or something

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if I should feel proud or foolish that all my past one night stands have been of the offline variety.

You kids and your cell phones and your rock 'n' roll music.

Red_Man

according to Leafs fans, William Nylander is the next big thing in the NHL. How good is the kid?
He has a ways to go before he's the best passer in the league like Kadri and he looks like Joffery so he's pretty much a bust already.

Socreges

Banned
Come on, calder. Kazaa? Back then? Let's be real. You probably had to go home and wank to your own drawings.

Socreges

Banned
according to Leafs fans, William Nylander is the next big thing in the NHL. How good is the kid?
Extremely good. Could have gone #1 but scouts are notoriously conservative with Europeans. Projected to be an elite playmaker in a Datsyuk/Crosby mold.

Tell everyone.

CentroXer

Banned
Extremely good. Could have gone #1 but scouts are notoriously conservative with Europeans. Projected to be an elite playmaker in a Datsyuk/Crosby mold.

Tell everyone.

did fall to #8 though. Kinda surprised Jake Virtanen went ahead of him since Craig Button raised concerns about that kid.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
sweet cant wait for the season to start.

Mario Lemiuex is the greatest player I ever seen play. Why is it that hfboards has hate for Mario as soon as someone suggest he was possibly better than Gretzky?

'Cause he wasn't better than Gretzky.

Spl1nter

There is probably an actual bias in high end selection of Euros and Russians. If Ekblad was Russian people would be questioning his age. Nichushkin went #10 after all.

The body of work simply is not as good for Lemieux as Gretzky. Although I can see your argument that he was the best player ever at a certain moment. However, than you will probably have people tell you Orr is the greatest ever.

CentroXer

Banned
There is probably an actual bias in high end selection of Euros and Russians. If Ekblad was Russian people would be questioning his age. Nichushkin went #10 after all.

The body of work simply is not as good for Lemieux as Gretzky. Although I can see your argument that he was the best player ever at a certain moment. However, than you will probably have people tell you Orr is the greatest ever.

What's misleading with Orr though is that when he played you got awarded a + for power player goals. Sometimes his insane plus/minus is brought up, but then they forgot rules were different back then.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Tinder high-five buddy!

Got road head from a 19 year old I met off Tinder. Classy girl that one.

That small park behind St. Augustine's. Not sure if that's better or worse, honestly.

Oops, missed a fantasy draft today and ended up with....

C - John Tavares
C - Tyler Seguin
LW - Rick Nash
LW - JVR
RW - Gaborik
RW - Dustin Brown
D - Dan Boyle
D - Cam Fowler
D - Mark Streit
D - Jacob Trouba
Bench - Steen, Kuznetsov, Stepan

G - Corey Crawford
G - Kari Lehtonen
Bench - Jhonas Enroth.......yea I'm dropping him asap lol

Oops, missed a fantasy draft today and ended up with....

C - John Tavares
C - Tyler Seguin
LW - Rick Nash
LW - JVR
RW - Gaborik
RW - Dustin Brown
D - Dan Boyle
D - Cam Fowler
D - Mark Streit
D - Jacob Trouba
Bench - Steen, Kuznetsov, Stepan

G - Corey Crawford
G - Kari Lehtonen
Bench - Jhonas Enroth.......yea I'm dropping him asap lol

Your bench is actually really good. The rest of your team is meh, especially your defence.

Top Bottom