• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Can't believe someone would get so angry they'd kill a man even if it was an 'accident'... A 20 year old too. Doesn't he have a race tomorrow?

Not anymore.

Thread is surreal, I know he's a big name in the sport. Can't imagine what was going through his head to try that. Even worse is what happened to that kid .

yo, why the fuck did that guy walk into the middle of the track? and how did everyone else avoid him?

From what I gather it's not uncommon to step onto the track when the caution flags are up (after he wrecked), he was mad at Stewart for clipping him. Then Stewart hit him.

Not sure if it was intentional but it was definitely a bad accident that could have been avoided.

TUSR

Banned
From what I gather it's not uncommon to step onto the track when the caution flags are up (after he wrecked), he was mad at Stewart for clipping him. Then Stewart hit him.

Not sure if it was intentional but it was definitely a bad accident that could have been avoided.

it clearly could have been avoided from both sides, but i guess it comes down to is there enough evidence to prove that this stewart guy intentionally positioned himself to hit the guy that got out of his car.

im sure more videos and shit will pop up later, the video was pretty sad. kid was just laying there, fuck.

tumblr_m9wdstYsoK1rrk7c1o1_400.gif

Socreges

Banned
Yeeeaaaaahh, I find it difficult to believe that Stewart didn't hit him deliberately. He swerved TOWARD Ward and without any reason. Even if he didn't have a previous history I'd still think he did it intentionally.

Never heard of the guy. Either of them. Horrible tragedy. I hope there's a full investigation and if Stewart races tomorrow that's a crime in itself.

MacAttack

This goes back to an argument we have in hockey all the time, how can you prove intent? I have a hard time believing Tony Stewart intentionally ran down another driver. He has too much to lose.

It looks like the swerve came after he hit the guy on the track and that guy had no business standing in the middle of the track like that. I've seen drivers do that type of thing before and hopefully there will be some rules instituted to discourage that type of behavior in the future. All that said, what a tragic accident and there is no way Stewart should be racing today.

Velcro Fly

the way those cars handle on dirt tracks, you pretty much need to gun it to make them turn. in the video floating around, the blue car ahead of stewart just misses the dude and afterwards he kept coming down the track. i don't think there's any chance he did it on purpose. it's still incredibly stupid to do what the other guy did though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Not a fan of the sport. The only video I saw was the dude getting out of his car and walking to the middle of the track. I didn't see another video with a clearer view to know if the other driver swerved into him or not.

Nah, just baffled by the mindset if that tweet is real.

It's being reported that he will indeed race, Nascar is leaving it up to the authorities but right now nothing is compelling them to remove Stewart.

Maybe because of sponsors he has to race. I know I wouldn't want to race.

Edit: I think I see your point from the original post.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I wonder if anyone is known for their backhand nowadays?

Back in the day, for me anyways, it was

Wrist Shot - Sakic
Pass - Gretzky
Slap Shot - MacInnis
Backhand - Sundin
Snap Shot/One Timer - Hull?

Not sure where I'd put Lemieux there...maybe deking?

Nowadays

Wrist - Kessel
Pass - Crosby
Slap Shot - Chara
Backhand - ???
Snap Shot - ???
One Timer - Stamkos

Anybody have a reputation that I'm missing?

Datsyuk.

Ugh, the Stewart/Ward video is awful. It seems like a crazy accident, but then there's that quote in the Deadspin post saying that Stewart returned to the pit and told his crew to change out the tire that hit Ward.

Socreges

Banned
This goes back to an argument we have in hockey all the time, how can you prove intent? I have a hard time believing Tony Stewart intentionally ran down another driver. He has too much to lose.

It looks like the swerve came after he hit the guy on the track and that guy had no business standing in the middle of the track like that. I've seen drivers do that type of thing before and hopefully there will be some rules instituted to discourage that type of behavior in the future. All that said, what a tragic accident and there is no way Stewart should be racing today.
People often don't make rational, future-thinking calculations in moments like those. You're competitive, possibly angry at that moment, and someone comes and calls you out. I don't think the first thing on your mind is 'what are the consequences'. We see it in hockey sometimes with guys committing flagrant attacks on other players that can only end in long suspensions. At the most extreme, you've got examples like Bertuzzi and McSorley (on Brashear). And outside the NHL there's been worse than those. Using your stick to strike someone in anger is in some ways analogous to using your car...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Damn it! My cat had a mouse in her jaws and she dropped it now it got away. Gotta go buy some mouse traps now.
If you don't want to kill them yourself, there are electric traps that will do it for you.

Also, use peanut butter as bait. Not cheese.

Damn it! My cat had a mouse in her jaws and she dropped it now it got away. Gotta go buy some mouse traps now.

There was a giant ass fucking spider in my bathroom last night. tried to kill it but left and went about my business.

still haven't checked to see if I got it yet.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
There was a giant ass fucking spider in my bathroom last night. tried to kill it but left and went about my business.

still haven't checked to see if I got it yet.

Datsyuk would approve you trying to kill any ass fucking spiders.

Silexx

If you don't want to kill them yourself, there are electric traps that will do it for you.

Also, use peanut butter as bait. Not cheese.

No, this little fucker is going to die. This is the 3rd mouse I've had this year. First time was caught with a trap, 2nd time my cat killed it. This time around she got cocky and seemed to be playing with it.

That is surprisingly not unlike what actually happened.

Samyy

My exact feelings on this game, especially that part.

I kept dying at a certain section (you'll find out), and I had to just turn it off and take a few days to breathe.

Oh christ
basement generator section?
died twice and then figured I should set some traps :/ wish I had some more shotgun ammo...

Top Bottom