• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

I really hope Bordeleau doesn't see many games, with Stastny gone we need more scoring or a better defensive game from the bottom six. Every time Bordeleau was caught in the defensive zone we were in trouble, I'd prefer if he was removed from the team entirely, but I'll start with less games.

Calamari41

41 > 38
My co-worker's friend got killed in Carlsbad, CA this week visiting his sister on her birthday. He ran past the gate and was expecting his sister to follow him, when she stopped at the gate he tried to come back across the tracks for her and got hit.

He was 22. I cant imagine the guilt she must feel, even if it wasn't her fault.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/26231671/man-hit-killed-by-freight-train-in-carlsbad

Man, that is awful, I'm so sorry. My wife has family in Carlsbad and those trains go through crossings like absolute greased lightning, and for some reason it is totally normal and accepted for people to run across and try to beat them even when the lights are flashing and the bars/gates are down. I'll never understand it.

Went to Selanne Steak Tavern yesterday. Really good

It's right by the beach in Laguna so the location was excellent. The restaurant itself is actually pretty small with a waiting area, private room upstairs for parties, bar area and the dining area probably for maybe 20 tables.

The staff was very friendly. Teemu stops in frequently but unfortunately he's in Finland, so I missed out on a chance to maybe see him.

The beer was expensive (almost 13 bucks).

The food was pretty amazing (and expensive but when it's this good, I don't mind)

8xSky3u.jpg

r8qEk66.jpg

yK5kfzQ.jpg

8laWgRw.jpg

lSGfGuU.jpg

HLzL9gW.jpg

2nEpVX6.jpg

smm6zlw.jpg

Scallops was an appetizer, also had soup (Cream of muschroom) which was really good but anything with truffle oil tastes good to me. There's an item called Selanne's Mac and Cheese, wonderful. Got the badass Stanley's Cut which is a wagyu beef steak that was flown in from Australia. More like Dastardly cut. Amazing steak, one of the best I've ever had.

Dessert was pie in a jar which tastes better than it sounds.

Would definitely go again.

Acid08

Banned
That steak woooooooooow

And thanks for the birthday wishes everyone, had a good time getting drunk in Oakland. I came out of the experience without being stabbed so yay!

That steak woooooooooow

And thanks for the birthday wishes everyone, had a good time getting drunk in Oakland. I came out of the experience without being stabbed so yay!

Did you have a Raider jersey on? It's like armor in Oakland. They protect YOU. (but steal your wallet)

Went to Selanne Steak Tavern yesterday. Really good

It's right by the beach in Laguna so the location was excellent. The restaurant itself is actually pretty small with a waiting area, private room upstairs for parties, bar area and the dining area probably for maybe 20 tables.

The staff was very friendly. Teemu stops in frequently but unfortunately he's in Finland, so I missed out on a chance to maybe see him.

I met Selanne in 2004, Kariya came out of the locker room at the same time as well, both were really nice. Still, I'm jealous of that food.

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/methot-contract-talks-have-stalled

Lmaoooo this franchise mang, let's trade our only legit top 4 dman because we can't pay market price smh. Amazing that a Canadian team is in this state. SELL THE TEAM YOU ASSHOLE!!

Shouldn't be surprised after that stupid Orpik contract.

It's not even a matter of affording it, it's that he's not worth that kind of money.

All Methot does is go out and hammered after a game at the market. There's a reason MacLean was reluctant to put him back in the lineup.

Some random dude on HFB says the problem is term not $$, he wants 8 years. He'll be well into Philips territory by then.

Tabris

I'll be the bad guy / food snob. Doesn't look that amazing honestly, not enough for me to be envious. Kinda sloppy presentation, the juices are running out of the meat which means they didn't let it rest enough before cutting into it, and that steak looks medium.

I'm fine with my caesar salad I just made.

EDIT - Here's how it's done:

craftSTEAK.jpg

Acid08

Banned
I got a Subway giftcard for my birthday so....I guess I'm gonna get some when I'm off work.

I won't enjoy it.

zroid

Banned
There's an atlantic lobster subway available here for a limited time right now... I kind of want to try it... even though it's going to be awful.

Also it's like $13 for a footlong. :lol

Razorskin

----- ------
There's an atlantic lobster subway available here for a limited time right now... I kind of want to try it... even though it's going to be awful.

Also it's like $13 for a footlong. :lol

:lol if you're going to do lobster do it right, not at a Subway.

Socreges

Banned
I got a Subway giftcard for my birthday so....I guess I'm gonna get some when I'm off work.

I won't enjoy it.
You know what I got for my birthday? Oh, it was a banner fucking year at the old 08 family. I got a Subway giftcard. The old man grabbed me and said, "Hey, eat fresh Acid"

I won't enjoy it.

Italian BMT is pretty good.

I can vouch for the steak being amazing. The Bordelaise sauce was nice.

I suppose I should make a trip to CraftSteak to try their steak.

Or go to Selanne's and take better pictures.

MacAttack

I like their tuna sub.

I've never ordered a tuna sub before. I can make a pretty good tuna sandwich at home with a can of Bumble Bee and mayo. How much better can it be at a sub shop?

As for Subway, count me in on the mediocre Meatball fanclub.

RC

Banned
I've never ordered a tuna sub before. I can make a pretty good tuna sandwich at home with a can of Bumble Bee and mayo. How much better can it be at a sub shop?

As for Subway, count me in on the mediocre Meatball fanclub.

For whatever reason my tuna salad never turns out great. Maybe it's because I use miracle whip instead of mayo.

And the meatball sub is my second go-to. It's cheap and filling. My criteria for all the food I buy.

Top Bottom