• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Cake Boss

Banned
Pumped for it, Halo 3 MP is where I will be mostly, I just look forward to playing some actual classic and fun BTB with close to a full team of friends, that was a ton of fun way back when 343 didn't ruin that gametype.

God you have terrible taste in everything.

Halo 2 MP > Halo 3 and it ain't even close.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Let's just compromise:

All first-person shooters are trash. Problem solved.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
If the remake of a 360 title makes you buy an XB1 I'm just gonna laugh at you, sorry.

It's 4 games in one.

First time H2-4 has dedicated servers
First time H2 has online co-op
First time H1 has online MP on Xbox

For console only gamers, Halo 1 and 2 are getting new maps that were on pc... so it's like a map pack.

All games running at 1080/60 fps, which helps Halo 3 the most in both respects. You get all maps so that helps the problems that was occurring at Halo 3 end of life (i wanted to play more avalanche)

It's not just the remake that's selling me. They could have just ported H2 over and I'd be happy. They are going far above and beyond with this package.

The best part is it unifies the community under one umbrella... and the thinking going forward is halo 5 and 6 will slot into the same package as Halo MCC.... making the entire community exist in one place

That kind of thing rarely exists any longer unfortunately.

Yup it's more of a combination of things these days, hell it was silly to buy a console for one game in the first place.

Halo CE>All.

Though really I found Halo CE had the best BTB maps
Halo 2 had the best Arena maps
Halo 3 had a good mixture of both, though didn't reach the heights of Halo 1 or 2, some of the DLC maps were great, Longshore (Criminally underplayed), and some returning favorites in Blackout and Heretic. Game would have benefited from hit scan BR though, dedicated servers will alleviate that problem a bit. I actually thing the gameplay from the 6 remastered maps is looking great, could be a compilation of gameplay that people want. I'm excited.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL at the new NHL game probably not having EASHL.

I believe several of us were debating earlier this year which feature they'd take out and put back in next year as a "new feature."

If I had an Xbox One I would only play Halo CE online. Depending on how much money I have to blow over the winter I'm going to do just that. Probably not but I want to play that fucker on a real online system (not Xbox Connect)

Revenant

Gotta love the NHL series marketing plan this year apparently. Give the people virtuallly nothing less than a month from launch. I feel like I really don't know anything about the game other than it looks nice in slow motion/filters/cinematic camera angles.

Cake Boss

Banned
Boss man, Halo 3 is Halo 2 but polished up and better, so again it isn't me who has terrible taste.

Batman-Facepalm.gif

Cake boss gets it.

Halo 3 was prettier, but Halo 2 had by far the best objective gameplay and the best maps.

There was some good stuff in halo 3 but some of the bad maps (like isolation, cold storage) really hurt the game

That's why BTB was where the fun was for both H2 and H3, yeah arena maps were great, but nothing can beat H2/H3 BTB with friends.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Is the new NHL game confirmed to not have EASHL?

Think I'm going with PS4, I want to play TLoU, and aside from H:MC, there's nothing on X1 that intrigues me.

If the remake of a 360 title makes you buy an X1 I'm just gonna laugh at you, sorry.
This. I love Halo, and have played each one pretty religiously, but I'm not buying an X1 just for an HD do over.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Is the new NHL game confirmed to not have EASHL?

Think I'm going with PS4, I want to play TLoU, and aside from H:MC, there's nothing on X1 that intrigues me.

This. I love Halo, and have played each one pretty religiously, but I'm not buying an X1 just for an HD do over.

I'm not saying the Halo franchise are bad games. They were amazing. But I'd never but a console for an HD remake of a game I already played.

And no, it hasn't been confirmed yet. It hasn't been confirmed to be IN the game yet, which is why the rumour that it's confirmed OUT is floating around. Wait and see til closer to launch.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm not saying the Halo franchise are bad games. They were amazing. But I'd never but a console for an HD remake of a game I already played.

And no, it hasn't been confirmed yet. It hasn't been confirmed to be IN the game yet, which is why the rumour that it's confirmed OUT is floating around. Wait and see til closer to launch.
Yea, same, and I never had a PS3 so TLoU will be a new experience for me and when it comes to EA, I'm going to expect the worst.

I'm watching Masterchef Australia now because of you jerks
Thank us later. There's close to 60 episodes I think, it should take you some time to get through it.

Montresor

Just start Max Payne 3 for the first time. Not nearly as bad as I was expecting it to be.

My game of the gen. Played it 12 times if my count is correct. I loved the gun play and slow motion bullet time HHHNNNNGGG. I'm excited about Quantum Break because it looks like a fusion of Max Payne + Alan Wake.

1st play through: Medium.

2nd playthrough: Hard.

3rd play through: Mopping up collectibles on easy.

4th: New York Minute

5th: Old School

6th to 8th: Failed New York Minute Hardcore runs

9th: Successful New York Minute Hardcore run

10th: Hardcore difficulty

11th: Lost my save files, so I beat the game on hard once so I could unlock some new DLC "challenge" mode.

12th: DLC "challenge" run

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
LOL NHL 15... I fucking knew it. I'm trying to figure out how in the hell they couldn't port over that mode to the new gen systems. It would've had to have been something pretty drastic which affected the game for them to not go ahead with it after 2 years. Wonder if it's a frame-rate issue with all 12 players.

LOL NHL 15... I fucking knew it. I'm trying to figure out how in the hell they couldn't port over that mode to the new gen systems. It would've had to have been something pretty drastic which affected the game for them to not go ahead with it after 2 years. Wonder if it's a frame-rate issue with all 12 players.

Someone suggested that perhaps it was because of the new physics engine, but if the physics engine already tracks every player I wouldn't see the difference between a player and an AI. It's still just a rumor, so we'll see how it plays out.

TUSR

Banned
I don't think I understand about 95 percent of this thread at the moment.

neat
o

I'm watching Zeta Gundam right now. Anime is pretty cool.

does the MC cry every third episode?

*shrug* Have I bullied you? Just saying it's weird to whine about that when you've made yourself a caricature of late. :p

oh i wasnt serious at all, but no you havent.

I don't even remember is TUSR actually likes anime or is this some long form troll.

im not sure at this point anymore

Top Bottom