• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So this screenshot is from the end of the new NHL15 trailer, oh god these tweets/instagrams are hilarious

2HaMIVQ.png

deboer1010 #50in07 #allstar #clapbombs

LOL

zroid

Banned
What is the appeal of having a sports team in Vegas, from any league? Do they expect the games to become hotspots for tourists? I don't really get it.

What is the appeal of having a sports team in Vegas, from any league? Do they expect the games to become hotspots for tourists? I don't really get it.

The most I know about Vegas' non-tourist population comes from COPS re-runs. I'm not even sure who would be the target there.

The rumors of NHL expansion to Las Vegas is gross. Would be a disaster, there shouldn't even be an expansion anyway, just move Florida and Phoenix.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
sigh

i have a headache from playing D3 and wanted to watch twitch streamers play halo or something

and now they are both down due to denial of service yayyyy

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The rumors of NHL expansion to Las Vegas is gross. Would be a disaster, there shouldn't even be an expansion anyway, just move Florida and Phoenix.
Guy from the 4th period on this:

For those suggesting PHX/FLA should move: with new ownership groups for both, despite struggles/losses, expansion is far ahead of relocation
I'm inclined to believe him with how far Bettman went to make sure the Coyotes stayed.

Smiley90

So who's the second expansion team. Gotta be Seattle before Quebec, no? And if both get one, who's lucky/unlucky nr. 4? Kansas City? :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Going to water down the talent pool, I dislike the idea.
This is such a dumb argument. When you have the CHL, NCAA, Europe, KHL, etc., there is no shortage of players for the NHL to bring in. An additional ~45 players is nothing.

So who's the second expansion team. Gotta be Seattle before Quebec, no? And if both get one, who's lucky/unlucky nr. 4? Kansas City? :lol
KC isn't getting a team. They've already said they make way more money without a team than they would with one.

Seattle and QC should get the expansion teams and then Phoenix can move to Milwaukee/Houston in 4 years.

Smiley90

This is such a dumb argument. When you have the CHL, NCAA, Europe, KHL, etc., there is no shortage of players for the NHL to bring in. An additional ~45 players is nothing.

KC isn't getting a team. They've already said they make way more money without a team than they would with one.

Seattle and QC should get the expansion teams and then Phoenix can move to Milwaukee/Houston in 4 years.

Yeah but we can't get THREE expansion teams. So it's either Vegas/Seattle, Vegas/Quebec or Seattle/Quebec, which leaves the Question of what happens with the third. Unless the third just gets the Coyotes.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So they have a team but no owner? lolok Smells like bullshit to up expansion fees for other cities.

If the NHL actually does put a team in Vegas, it'd be a spectacular failure.

Which is hilarious, because it would be how Bettman was remembered in the future.

If Quebec doesn't get a team out of this, somebody needs to be fired.

Marvie_3

Banned
Yeah but we can't get THREE expansion teams. So it's either Vegas/Seattle, Vegas/Quebec or Seattle/Quebec, which leaves the Question of what happens with the third. Unless the third just gets the Coyotes.
There isn't a third unless you believe this Vegas nonsense, which I don't.

Which is hilarious, because it would be how Bettman was remembered in the future.

If Quebec doesn't get a team out of this, somebody needs to be fired.

Yep. QC and Seattle are easily the two most deserving cities right now. Vegas shouldn't even be on the list.

You should start an AIHL team called the Darwin Dstrdls

Natural Selection would constantly keep them out of the AIHL Finals Sponsored By Air Canada.

Speaking of which, both Melbourne teams are in the final 4, as are the CBR Brave and the Sydney Ice Dogs. The Melbourne Mustangs ended the year on top of the ladder.

BETTER LUCK NEXT YEAR, MARVIE.

Calamari41

41 > 38
MY GOD... THAT'S... AMAZING.

Wow.

PICS!

For you , Dstrdl, anything. Here's the small album I just put together: http://imgur.com/a/6s1KZ. In there you will find a couple of pictures of chubby little 11 year old Calamari (edit: no, I would have been 12 or 13). The signed version of my picture with Stu Grimson is on my grandpa's wall (I was close to if not 6' tall then and you will notice that Stu is hunching down to get in the shot with me), and the jersey you see me wearing while I'm sitting on the bench was shortly thereafter signed by the entire team, and is still in my closet at my parents' house. I took some cool examples from a couple of the programs from the 98/99 season, as well as some from the inaugural game program too.

I left the signed Kariya game-used skates and Kariya game-shattered stick that I have mentioned before as well as the Ruslan Salei signed sticks and a few more signed pictures, pucks, etc at my parents' house...whenever I get those here I will show you some pics of them too.

Oh, here's the signature that I couldn't make out:

Marvie_3

Banned
Natural Selection would constantly keep them out of the AIHL Finals Sponsored By Air Canada.

Speaking of which, both Melbourne teams are in the final 4, as are the CBR Brave and the Sydney Ice Dogs. The Melbourne Mustangs ended the year on top of the ladder.

:(

Oh my god CalaDanny, those are all amazing. I'd be frothing at the mouth to even be in proximity of most of that merch, and positively #dead at sitting in the bench while wearing a team-signed jersey.

Congratulations, this officially makes you the biggest Ducks fan out of all of Ducks-age. Amazing.

Acid08

Banned

GO ICE DOGS SIMON BARG SHITS ON Y'ALL

Top Bottom