• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Ok, so if I get Hockeystreams this year instead of GCL it has a native app for the chromecast thing? I'm really all about proper app support, I'm too lazy to fuck around with browser shit. I'm out of HDMI inputs on my receiver so I'd need mini switch of some kind but those are cheap.

... I just asked a Hockeystreams question out loud three times assuming that Smelly would appear behind me in my cubicle but nothing yet. Must be in a meeting or something.

-cough-

... I have no idea how Chromecast works, but from what I've gathered it just streams your browser window to the TV, no? So you'd put go to the hockeystreams website, put the game on full screen, turn on chromecast and enjoy the game on your TV. I assume that's how it works at least.

Socreges

Banned
Fair enough, but I will wait until it actually happens before I take to the streets.

And I kind of started arguing beyond my initial point, which was that I like the idea of this but the execution is sloppy. A half step. What I actually look forward to is the full implementation of this concept with the next round of hardware.

Edit: The nerds on the Gaming side seem to be saying that the GB to GBC had a similar bump in specs.
I don't think we disagree all that much really. I've just learned to be quite pessimistic when it comes to Nintendo and how they treat consumers.

Quit stealing my posts!!!
It's almost like you're all part of this hive mindset generating predictable reactions!

I promise I'll lay off once the new gen, man-your-battlestations fervour dies down! <3

zroid

Banned
Yeah I never got a DSi for the incremental upgrade over the DS Lite, but I play my 3DS way more than any other console I own, so upgrading makes sense for me. The metallic blue model looks really snazzy too. :)

Too bad I gotta wait till next year though

calder

Dota 2 man... when am I not on that damn game.

Not often. ;)

Dota is such a time sink I've somehow put dozens of hours into it per Steam yet I have never once played game with or against actual people. I'm too old and sensitive to be yelled at by teenagers for jungling with a lane support or something I don't understand.

iLLmAtlc

what are some sleeper picks for the pool this year?

I played way too much DOTA when it was still on Wacraft III. That shit could have ruined my life.

TUSR

Banned
Not often. ;)

Dota is such a time sink I've somehow put dozens of hours into it per Steam yet I have never once played game with or against actual people. I'm too old and sensitive to be yelled at by teenagers for jungling with a lane support or something I don't understand.

Im pretty sure i've eclipsed 1000 hours in DOTA 2 now, and between it, HoN and DOTA 1 im close to 2000. Still learning.

TUSR is playing DOTA 2.

Path of Exile.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm not an eashl guy. Never have been. So that's why I'm not as outraged. I still think it's fucked up but the modes I play are there.

OTP is gone (until the end of the year)
EASHL is gone
Be a GM got butchered too, apparently
who knows what else is gone

the gameplay itself feels better than last year, yeah, but the absence of all those modes is just a huge "fuck hockey" by EA

OTP is gone (until the end of the year)
EASHL is gone
Be a GM got butchered too, apparently
who knows what else is gone

the gameplay itself feels better than last year, yeah, but the absence of all those modes is just a huge "fuck hockey" by EA

The bolded is my biggest concern, if it isn't that butchered then I will pick it up sooner or later.

Marvie_3

Banned
Sean Ramjagsingh, is that you?
Just a low level viral marketer. If it was Ramjerkoff, he would have mentioned how he once lead his beer league in scoring as if that somehow makes him not suck shit as a game producer.

Speaking of NHL games though, if anyone is sticking with 360, a few people and I are setting up a new EASHL club and we're looking for players. Let me know if you want in.

Quick

Banned
Anyone think those sportsnet commercials with the anchors are cringe worthy? They just feel so forced and unnatural

Which ones?

Is it for Sportsnet Connected, where there's two of them sitting on stools and holding cue cards or something?

Just a low level viral marketer. If it was Ramjerkoff, he would have mentioned how he once lead his beer league in scoring as if that somehow makes him not suck shit as a game producer.

Speaking of NHL games though, if anyone is sticking with 360, a few people and I are setting up a new EASHL club and we're looking for players. Let me know if you want in.

Beer league is the best possible qualification one can have. Totally.

calder

First I've heard of it but...

Some Parting Words
As you likely know by now, I no longer work for Yahoo Sports. I’m saddened and disappointed, just as I was when this ordeal began two weeks ago. But as difficult as it was, and is, it’s led me to a even more difficult realization: I did it to myself.
At times in the past year, I’ve used social media as a way to meet women. Clearly, in my attempts to be funny or interesting during conversations, there have been instances where I made unwelcome comments. I did not intend to be malicious, to harass, or even to give anyone pause, and in each case I was foolish and wrong to assume these interactions would be met with anything besides discomfort. But I know that how things are intended is not as important as how they are received. I would like to apologize to those directly involved.
I’ve always wanted to find ways to make hockey more inclusive — whether of race, sexual orientation, or gender — and I recognize that through my actions, I was working against that cause, and paving the way to be seen as a hypocrite.
To that end, I would also like to publicly and sincerely apologize to the hockey community as a whole. I set a poor example of how to make this an inclusive and safe space for everyone.

So, being creepy on twitter I guess? His timeline had some big gaps lately.

Top Bottom