• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of a la carte.

Anyone in Canada on here try out Vmedia? It's not fully a la carte as you have to buy a basic package first, and you have to switch to their internet service as well.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Canada.

What are you people doing up there?

XEN5y74.jpg

delta25

Banned
a bit off topic

As a canucks fan I've been thinking lately that the Kesler trade had a lot more to it than just him wanting to get a another crack at the cup. Part of me feels he grew quite bitter being part of a Canadian club situated in a very pro team Canada city.
I think losing twice in row to team Canada was the final nail in the coffin for him. The reason I feel this way is primarily due to the fact that the trade rumors didn't pop up until pretty much right after team USA lost against team Canada in sochi, combine that with the fact that part of his trade agreement excluded any possible trade to a another Canadian club. IMO having one extremely bad season shouldn't be enough for any player to book it for greener pastures.

Quick

Banned
a bit off topic

As a canucks fan I've been thinking lately that the Kesler trade had a lot more to it than just him wanting to get a another crack at the cup. Part of me feels he grew quite bitter being part of a Canadian club situated in a very pro team Canada city.
I think losing twice in row to team Canada was the final nail in the coffin for him. The reason I feel this way is primarily due to the fact that the trade rumors didn't pop up until pretty much right after team USA lost against team Canada in sochi, combine that with the fact that part of his trade agreement excluded any possible trade to a another Canadian club. IMO having one extremely bad season shouldn't be enough for any player to book it for greener pastures.

But why wait when greener pastures are available to reach immediately?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone ever submit a job application, after checking it a million times, and still be paranoid about making some kind of stupid mistake?
Fucking been bothering me since I hit submit....
Bring your resume or cover letter to the meet up and we'll be a second set of eyes.

English majors ought to be good for something.

Quick

Banned
Anyone ever submit a job application, after checking it a million times, and still be paranoid about making some kind of stupid mistake?
Fucking been bothering me since I hit submit....

Better than me, where I submit it and think, "Well, shit, I'm actually not qualified for this. Don't I look like an ass now?"

Alucard

Banned
Gonna be an interesting year in Pittsburgh with all of the front office changes. I'm taking a wait and see approach before passing judgment. Giving Johnston a chance to show what he can do with an NHL team.

Marvie_3

Banned
wsox is the worst NHL player ever. The team I was on beat his team 13-2. (It was really 13-7 but our goalie was out past the faceoff dots on 5 of those goals)

Acid08

Banned
a bit off topic

Or maybe he just wanted to play on a team that has a better chance of winning

Nah couldn't be

delta25

Banned
But why wait when greener pastures are available to reach immediately?

the problem I see is his disdain for the team and organization wasn't something that had been brewing for any significant time, this was something that pop up rather quickly and at a time coming off yet another disappointment at the Olympics, I dunno it just seems a bit suspect for the time in which he finally thew in the towel.
You would think shitting the bed back to back in the playoffs would have been more of an incentive for him to fly the coop, yet even through two of the worst playoff runs in canucks history not once did we ever get any kind of hint or notion of a possible trade.

Or maybe he just wanted to play on a team that has a better chance of winning

Nah couldn't be

Sure they have a much better chance at winning...but they won't. ;)

Bryan Calhoun ‏@Bryalogical 3m

@JeffSammut590 invited me on his show to discuss Madden Glitches and the hype surrounding NHL 15. We're on the @FAN590 at 12:40 am-ish

Everyone tweet them about EASHL lol

Quick

Banned
the problem I see is his disdain for the team and organization wasn't something that had been brewing for any significant time, this was something that pop up rather quickly and at a time coming off yet another disappointment at the Olympics, I dunno it just seems a bit suspect for the time in which he finally thew in the towel.
You would think shitting the bed back to back in the playoffs would have been more of an incentive for him to fly the coop, yet even thew two of the worst playoff runs in canucks history not once did we ever get any kind of hint or notion of a possible trade.

It doesn't have to be this slow-brewing thing. A terrible season could quickly sour someone.

And who knows if this was really from just last season? It could've been brewing for a while, and just wasn't reported until last season.

delta25

Banned
It doesn't have to be this slow-brewing thing. A terrible season could quickly sour someone.

And who knows if this was really from just last season? It could've been brewing for a while, and just wasn't reported until last season.

I guess its the time and place that everything unraveled that has me coming to this kind of conclusion.

meh, enjoy the dives and embellishments galore anaheim.

I'll miss you Kesler :(

Marvie_3

Banned
Haha

So they are talking about NHL 15 on the radio and not being critical at all so far =/
I really wish more people would call EA out on this bullshit. They absolutely need to be raked over the coals for what they did.

Monthly all-star at RW bitch

I was playing an enforcer defenseman build. :lol
Yeah, and the only time that whole game you weren't getting your ass kicked is when you fought me and that was only because I haven't played this game in 11 months. :lol

Congrats on the all star thingy though. Did you print out a screenshot so you could bring it to school for show and tell?

I really wish more people would call EA out on this bullshit. They absolutely need to be raked over the coals for what they did.

Yeah, and the only time that whole game you weren't getting your ass kicked is when you fought me and that was only because I haven't played this game in 11 months. :lol

Congrats on the all star thingy though. Did you print out a screenshot so you could bring it to school for show and tell?

No I'll grab one just for you though

Quick

Banned
Can I have your daughter for the rest of my life
Say yes, say yes, 'cause I need to know
You say I'll never get your blessing till the day I die
Tough luck, my friend, but the answer is no.

I guess its the time and place that everything unraveled that has me coming to this kind of conclusion.

meh, enjoy the dives and embellishments galore anaheim.

I'll miss you Kesler :(

Like it or lump it, that was part of the Canucks culture post-2011.

If he tries diving in Anaheim, he'll get a thump in the pants from Perry.

Baseball > UFC

I think we need to disagree here but both be madly in love with each other still. Is that possible?

Top Bottom