• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I learned to swim by nearly drowning as a kid. I was at the beach, in one of those inflatable tubes you put around your body, and for some reason decided to raise my arms in the air, sank right away. Managed to kick my legs and arms well enough to get back to the surface.

I'd call myself a strong swimmer now.

Samyy

Yikes glad you're okay man. Looking back on it I am glad my parents forced me to take swimming lessons, even though I hated them.

Just got offered a full-time job for after graduation fron my 1st choice firm. So much fucking relief.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Damn Soc, that is a total nightmare scenario. I'm glad you made it out with just a ruined phone. And did your friend really save the dog before helping anybody else? I would be livid about that.

Good that everyone is fine Soc.

Living in FLA I knew quite a few people who cannot swim. Essential skill IMO, especially living near the ocean or any body of water really. Only real close call was being sucked out by a riptide by about ~150 or so yards from the coast. I was trying some spear fisishing (really crude hand made spear with 4 straightened hooks on a pole lol) and just felt this really heavy slow suction on me. I tried to swim against it for a few minutes but it was wholly futile so I was just bobbing up and down for about ten minutes when I started to swim out horizontal to the pull and got free. Wasn't scary then but if I wasn't a decent swimmer it could've been pretty bad.

Glad you made it Soc. Work on your swimming if you can bro. People don't really think about it but it is something you really should know how to do well, IMO. Doesn't matter if you go swimming once a week or once every five years, when you need it you'll need it no matter what.

Edit: Question for everyone:

If you died, would someone be able to notify NHL-Gaf?

Not directly. Someone would go on my XBL friend's list to tell everybody and I have a few friends from here on there.

Hopefully it doesn't happen any time soon for any of us.

calder

I wouldn't get in a boat without a life jacket, I can barely swim and almost drowned as a child (jumped off a dock, banged my head coming up and only by luck ended up surfacing). Glad you're ok Soc!

I have a 48 hour dead man's switch tied to my GAF account. If I don't log in and give a manual "all clear" a stick of thermite melts my HDD to slag and deletes my GAF account. As part of my last will and testament my lawyer will be visiting bish to hand him a list of the 20 NHL-GAF fans I want banned in my honour. Truth is I'm actually kind of fond of most of you but like an old viking chieftain I don't want to face the afterlife alone. Sorry.

Also, re: hacked nude fest 2014 I just can't look up that stuff. I'd feel kinda gross just being even tangentially involved with the depressing scumbags who go around trying to steal ppl's private shit. I mean, I understand the appeal of knowing what famous hot women look like naked but I'll wait until they're poor and pose for Playboy, like god intended as laid out in the bible. Show up for an awards show with your nips hanging out though? I'll take a look for sure.

Socreges

Banned
Jeezus fuck, Soc. I'm glad you float like a butterfly and (verbally) sting like when I pee.

I can only imagine the fear you must of felt in that moment.

But hey, massive respect for having the leadership abilities to get a lifejacket and sort out other people around you. That's huge.

Until I was 14, I'd always lived with a swimming pool. So I was thrown into a pool as soon as I was born. Then there was lake swimming, and both primary and secondary schools throwing us into pools so that they could try and develop the next Kieren Perkins/Dawn Fraser. I'm amazingly grateful that this country develops kids at a young age to learn how to deal with water.
Woah woah. I'm sorry if I was misleading. Let me be very clear: I exhibited zero leadership abilities. I grabbed one lifejacket, not three. Only once I had a modicum of confidence that I wasn't going to die did I look around and take concern for everyone else (and was then honestly helpless to do anything given my chicken wing life jacket).

Just got offered a full-time job for after graduation fron my 1st choice firm. So much fucking relief.
Congrats man. McDonalds?

Damn Soc, that is a total nightmare scenario. I'm glad you made it out with just a ruined phone. And did your friend really save the dog before helping anybody else? I would be livid about that.
No no, she was content that we were alright. Again, it all happened in seconds. It's kind of hard to give an accurate timeline. That moment between the boat flipping and us then swimming toward it is actually a complete blur.

I have a 48 hour dead man's switch tied to my GAF account. If I don't log in and give a manual "all clear" a stick of thermite melts my HDD to slag and deletes my GAF account. As part of my last will and testament my lawyer will be visiting bish to hand him a list of the 20 NHL-GAF fans I want banned in my honour. Truth is I'm actually kind of fond of most of you but like an old viking chieftain I don't want to face the afterlife alone. Sorry.
I loved this. Can I be in your Top 20!

calder

Huh, I was going to say River City Sports because they used to have national team replicas but don't seem to anymore on the website. Only Team Canada and USA licensed gear now. Google finds some places selling some clothing like IceJerseys but they seem to only have "fan jerseys".

I remember talking to a manager at RCS years ago about getting Euro league sweaters and he said they had been trying forever with minimal success. Said it was really difficult to get teams in the SEL/Liiga/etc to even respond to requests from overseas to buy merchandise for resale, the language barrier was the initial hurdle but there were always 5 or 6 extra steps that would require a lawyer.

I always wanted a HC Moscow Spartak or Jokerit sweater, never was able to find one. At least nowadays you can normally buy hats and shit from the team directly, but they never seemed to sell replicas (at least not a few years ago when I was last looking).

I took swimming lessons as a kid but never got far plus I hated the chlorine and getting water in my nose/ears/eyes. I won't go anywhere near water unless I had a life jacket.

Dang Soc, crazy story right there. At least you aren't dead (or any of you for that matter).

Never really liked swimming but I can swim pretty decently, open water can be some scary stuff though.

In other news, I came into work and switched over my Wings calendar for this month and guess who's wonderful mug was greeting me for September!

This Guy!

4f6941e3be7216ce624812e654569c07.jpg

ShaneB

Man oh man, that's a scary story Soc, glad you're all ok. :( "Not Without Hope" is one of my favourite books, and your situation brought it back to mind. Being out in the water stranded is a terrifying thought to me.

Holy shit dude... Thank goodness everyone was ok.

Edit: Question for everyone:

If you died, would someone be able to notify NHL-Gaf?

Yeah I have a couple of buddies on here. I'm also cool with a lot of Gaffers in real life and they would probably find out if I was to die.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That's a crazy story, Soc. The only thing similar that ever happened to me was at camp when I was a kid. We went sailing out on this lake in Upstate NY, like 2 people to a boat, and I guess we turned too hard or caught a real strong crosswind and went right over. Boat capsized, but worse for me was that a rope from the sail basically ripped my glasses right off. We weren't too far away from shore, so I think we may have just swam back in, but now I can't really see, and the only backup glasses I had were a pair of sunglasses that were back in the cabin. Which was up a rocky hill, across a road, and then up another hill again. So that sucked. And then I was stuck in dark sunglasses for the next 3 days.

Look who showed up at the Rangers' practice today (oh, by the way, most of the Rangers are back to work in Westchester now):

Why yes, it is Alex Kovalev.

Solo

October
•Wednesday, Oct. 8, Montreal @ Toronto, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (National – Sportsnet)
•Thursday, Oct. 9, Montreal @ Washington, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (National – Sportsnet 360)
•Saturday, Oct. 11, Montreal @ Philadelphia, 7 p.m. ET/ 4 p.m. PT (National – City)
•Monday, Oct. 13, Montreal @ Tampa Bay, 7:30 p.m. ET (Regional – City Montreal)
•Thursday, Oct. 16, Boston @ Montreal, 7:30 p.m. ET/4:30 p.m. PT (National – Sportsnet 360)
•Saturday, Oct. 18, Colorado @ Montreal, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (National – City)
•Tuesday, Oct. 21, Detroit @ Montreal, 7:30 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Saturday, Oct. 25, New York Rangers @ Montreal, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (National – City)
•Monday, Oct. 27, Montreal @ Edmonton, 9:30 p.m. ET/6:30 p.m. PT (National – Sportsnet ONE)
•Tuesday, Oct. 28, Montreal @ Calgary, 9 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Thursday, Oct. 30, Montreal @ Vancouver, 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT (National – Sportsnet 360)

November
•Sunday, Nov. 2, Calgary @ Montreal, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (National – City)
•Tuesday, Nov. 4, Chicago @ Montreal, 7:30 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Wednesday, Nov. 5, Montreal @ Buffalo, 7:30 p.m. ET/4:30 p.m. PT (National – Sportsnet)
•Saturday, Nov. 8, Minnesota @ Montreal, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (National – City)
•Tuesday, Nov. 11, Winnipeg @ Montreal, 7:30 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Thursday, Nov. 13, Boston @ Montreal, 7:30 p.m. ET/4:30 p.m. PT (National – Sportsnet 360)
•Saturday, Nov. 15, Philadelphia @ Montreal, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (National – Hockey Night in Canada)
•Sunday, Nov. 16, Montreal @ Detroit, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (National – City)
•Tuesday, Nov. 18, Pittsburgh @ Montreal, 7:30 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Thursday, Nov. 20, St. Louis @ Montreal, 7:30 p.m. ET (Regional – City Montreal)
•Saturday, Nov. 22, Montreal @ Boston, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (National – Hockey Night in Canada)
•Sunday, Nov. 23, Montreal @ New York Rangers, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (National – City)
•Friday, Nov. 28, Montreal @ Buffalo, 7 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Saturday, Nov. 29, Buffalo @ Montreal, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (National – Hockey Night in Canada)

December
•Monday, Dec. 1, Montreal @ Colorado, 9 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Wednesday, Dec. 3, Montreal @ Minnesota, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (National – Sportsnet)
•Friday, Dec. 5, Montreal @ Chicago, 8:30 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Saturday, Dec. 6, Montreal @ Dallas, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (National – Hockey Night in Canada)
•Tuesday, Dec. 9, Vancouver @ Montreal, 7:30 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Friday, Dec. 12, Los Angeles @ Montreal, 7:30 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Tuesday, Dec. 16, Carolina @ Montreal, 7:30 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Thursday, Dec. 18, Anaheim @ Montreal, 7:30 p.m. ET (Regional – City Montreal)
•Saturday, Dec. 20, Ottawa @ Montreal, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (National – Hockey Night in Canada)
•Tuesday, Dec. 23, Montreal @ New York Islanders, 7 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Monday, Dec. 29, Montreal @ Carolina, 7 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Tuesday, Dec. 30, Montreal @ Florida, 7:30 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)

January
•Friday, Jan. 2, Montreal @ New Jersey, 7 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Saturday, Jan. 3, Montreal @ Pittsburgh, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (National – Hockey Night in Canada)
•Tuesday, Jan. 6, Tampa Bay @ Montreal, 7:30 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Saturday, Jan. 10, Pittsburgh @ Montreal, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (National – Hockey Night in Canada)
•Wednesday, Jan. 14, Montreal @ Columbus, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (National – Sportsnet)
•Thursday, Jan. 15, Montreal @ Ottawa, 7:30 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Saturday, Jan. 17, New York Islanders @ Montreal, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (National – Hockey Night in Canada)
•Tuesday, Jan. 20, Nashville @ Montreal, 7:30 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Tuesday, Jan. 27, Dallas @ Montreal, 7:30 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Thursday, Jan. 29, Montreal @ New York Rangers, 7 p.m. ET(Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Saturday, Jan. 31, Washington @ Montreal, 1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT (National – Sportsnet)

February
•Sunday, Feb. 1, Arizona @ Montreal, 1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT (National – City)
•Tuesday, Feb. 3, Buffalo @ Montreal, 7:30 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Saturday, Feb. 7, New Jersey @ Montreal, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (National – Hockey Night in Canada)
•Sunday, Feb. 8, Montreal @ Boston, 7:30 p.m. ET/4:30 p.m. PT (National – Sportsnet)
•Tuesday, Feb. 10, Philadelphia @ Montreal, 7:30 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Thursday, Feb. 12, Edmonton @ Montreal, 7:30 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Saturday, Feb. 14, Toronto @ Montreal, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (National - Hockey Night in Canada)
•Monday, Feb. 16, Montreal @ Detroit, 7:30 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Wednesday, Feb. 18, Montreal @ Ottawa, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (National – Sportsnet)
•Thursday, Feb. 19, Florida @ Montreal, 7:30 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Saturday, Feb. 21, Columbus @ Montreal, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (National – Hockey Night in Canada)
•Tuesday, Feb. 24, Montreal @ St. Louis, 8 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Thursday, Feb. 26, Montreal @ Columbus, 7 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Saturday, Feb. 28, Toronto @ Montreal, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (National – Hockey Night in Canada)

March
•Monday, March 2, Montreal @ San Jose, 10 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Wednesday, March 4, Montreal @ Anaheim, 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT (National – Sportsnet)
•Thursday, March 5, Montreal @ Los Angeles, 10:30 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Saturday, March 7, Montreal @ Arizona, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (National – Hockey Night in Canada)
•Tuesday, March 10, Tampa Bay @ Montreal, 7:30 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Thursday, March 12, Ottawa @ Montreal, 7:30 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Saturday, March 14, Montreal @ New York Islanders, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (National – Hockey Night in Canada)
•Monday, March 16, Montreal @ Tampa Bay, 7:30 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Tuesday, March 17, Montreal @ Florida, 7:30 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Thursday, March 19, Carolina @ Montreal, 7:30 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Saturday, March 21, San Jose @ Montreal, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (National – Hockey Night in Canada)
•Tuesday, March 24, Montreal @ Nashville, 8 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Thursday, March 26, Montreal @ Winnipeg, 8 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Saturday, March 28, Florida @ Montreal, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (National – Hockey Night in Canada)
•Monday, March 30, Tampa Bay @ Montreal, 7:30 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)

April
•Thursday, April 2, Washington @ Montreal, 7:30 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Friday, April 3, Montreal @ New Jersey, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (National – Sportsnet)
•Sunday, April 5, Montreal @ Florida, 5 p.m. ET/2 p.m. PT (National – Sportsnet)
•Thursday, April 9, Detroit @ Montreal, 7:30 p.m. ET (Regional – Sportsnet East)
•Saturday, April 11, Montreal @ Toronto, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (National – Hockey Night in Canada)

40 nationally televised Habs games in English?! NICE. And I get Sportsnet East, so I get 79/82 Habs games broadcast in English. Amazing.

Curufinwe

Hextall extending Rinaldo for two more years make no sense to me. He just had a horrible season; why not wait until after the 14-15 season to decide on whether he should be on the team going forward?

calder

Hextall extending Rinaldo for two more years make no sense to me. He just had a horrible season; why not wait until after the 14-15 season to decide on whether he should be on the team going forward?

This summer Chevy resigned willing punching bag/Corsi debacle/4th line anchor Chris Thorburn to 3ys at 1.2 per. Just a baffling contract, why on earth you pay any fringe 4th liner over a mill is beyond me, but to give him *3* years is insane. I guess GMs are like fans sometimes, they just like modestly skilled tough guys who visibly try hard at all times (because they suck and have to be visibly giving 110% every second they are on the ice) way more than they should.

Some people say "but enforcers are always the most popular players!" but it's because they absolutely have to be. If they weren't 'great guys' and super friendly to teammates, fans and media they'd be in the AHL and some other extremely replaceable but more pleasant to be around guy would be on the team instead.

Quick

Banned
As a goalie..seeing this stuff says it is happening..

Bernier-CCM-EFlex2-strapping-up.jpg

Bernier-CCM-EFlex2-strapping-up-2.jpg

Didn't know Bernier was tatted up.

Bernier had a sleeve from last season, though the left arm might be new. Not sure.

Pads are simple, but they look good. I'm a sucker for fresh equipment.

Speaking of which, I think I need to buy a pair of gloves and a new helmet. Maybe even new skates.

MIGHT AS WELL ADD IN A STICK.

TUSR

Banned
my league starts tonight

im so out of shape from not playing much last season, im gonna throw up after the second period i bet

E-DuB

I now have it for Sunday September 28th at 10:30pm EST
If this doesn't work, then let me know.

Also I can't do much earlier since slots aren't available.

This pleases me. I'll be sure that I'm available for it, scotch in hand.

Clydefrog

Got a story for you guys. I hope you enjoy

Spent the weekend on this sweet little island on a lake. It was amazing - I was very lucky. The downside is that in order to get there you have to take this small, old boat that necessitates a few trips to bring everyone and everything over to the island (and then back afterwards, of course). And naturally it's important to take as few trips as possible. Sidebar: I kept thinking of this riddle. On the first day I'm on the first boat over, arrive on the island, and proceed to the cabin with two dogs. I tie them up and go back to the dock to get the bags we'd brought across. Meanwhile trip #2 is underway. Everyone arrives in due course and our weekend begins.

Good times.

Earlier today, we pack our things and bring everything down to the dock. Trip #1 leaves, then trip #2, and finally trip #3 which will include everything remaining: my friend driving the boat, a cooler, a few bags, a 70 lb dog, my very large family friend (picture something like this, but with a bigger belly), and myself. I'm a bit uncomfortable but the huge dude gets right in the middle so it's all good. I sit down at the bow with the cooler and we're off.

So we set off to the opposite dock, cutting across the lake, perpendicular to the paths of all other boats. On our way over we'd talked about how sketchy this is, but their family has been doing this for decades , not to mention how considerate everyone on the lake is. Seemed like nothing more than idle chitchat. But in retrospect it was foreshadowing. So, immediately after taking off we notice a speed boat on course to cut in front of us, but a ways away. No problem. It passes by without issue. Of course, though, we're heading straight into its wake. Again, never been a problem before so we continue on. I'm a bit anxious about this, but I've already seen them to be practiced authorities on all things concerned, and they don't seem fazed.

The first wave hits and we immediately take on a bit of water. My friend cuts the engine as a precaution, meaning the bow dips down. The second wave hits and we take on a lot more water. Fuck, this is bad. The third wave hits and we're done. The boat is now sinking. The boat is now underwater.

Another sidebar: I can't swim. Rather, I can't be trusted to swim. I've swam only in controlled conditions, never out in a place where I could drown, and I've never been able to reliably tread water.

Also: we're not wearing life jackets. Just heavy clothing.

It all happened within a few seconds. The moment it was obvious that the worst fucking case scenario was actually fucking happening, I fished around for a life jacket under the cooler and grabbed one just as the water took us. Chaos. Sheer terror. Self-preservation had kicked in and I was scrambling in the water to actually get this life jacket on; I settled with it hooked under one arm, giving me some help. At the same time I'm looking around and taking account. The dog is not a good swimmer and is flipping the fuck out. My friend is panicking and the huge guy, I thought, had disappeared under the water. I turn my head around and find him struggling toward the boat. It had popped back up a few yards away, overturned. My friend is a strong swimmer and manages to take the dog and hoist it onto the boat. I grab its edge and so does the huge guy.

The boat that had flipped us is long gone. There are no boats nearby. We are halfway between both shores. The rest of our group is loading the cars on the other side and barely within earshot. We scream to them which, I find later, was barely audible and only made them panic as they had no way to help us. The dog, meanwhile, is standing on this flipped boat that is alternating continuously between 'This will do for now' and 'Fuck me is it going under again'. The dog's panicked pacing back and forth does not help. She goes to the end to see her owner, which begins to dip 90% of the boat under water again. I call her over to balance the boat, but she comes right to me and nearly slides off onto me. We do this dance for the next 5 minutes. Or 30 seconds. It felt like an eternity.

Finally another boat hears our whistles and slowly makes its way over. Then another boat. We awkwardly get on, settle down, and we're taken to our crew.

Lessons learned:

- If you're going to spend a lot of time in the water, take whatever time necessary to be a strong swimmer. AND/OR:
- Wear life jackets. Regardless of how good a swimmer you are. If nothing else wearing a life jacket means you're in a better position to help someone that isn't.
- Just do four trips..... really.... why are we in a hurry....
- If a boat FEELS sketchy, it probably IS FUCKING SKETCHY.
- More evidence that my survival instincts are not lacking, though my cautiousness is

Yikes!! Glad to hear everyone is okay. That's definitely scary though.

Growing up in Hawaii, I became a pretty good swimmer at a young age. But water (especially the ocean) can quickly pull a fast one on you at any time.

I was out bodysurfing once at a beach I usually go to when a ginormous set of choppy waves rolled in and I got caught up in between them. I'm usually able to dive underneath them but I couldn't catch my breath in between them. By just the third or fourth wave, I was barely diving underneath and I lost a fin. It felt like each wave was getting bigger too. I couldn't see shit because it was all whitewash. I remember swallowing some water and grasping, flailing to find the surface. I was finally able to somewhat catch a wave for about 30 yards to the shore.

It was the closest I've ever felt to drowning and it was an experience I never want to feel again. I remember sitting on the beach thinking "...holy shit, man."

Went back out the next day!

Quick

Banned
40 nationally televised Habs games in English?! NICE. And I get Sportsnet East, so I get 79/82 Habs games broadcast in English. Amazing.

Nice. I just looked at the Leafs schedule, and Leafs TV gets NO exclusive broadcasts. That channel needs to die.

Admittedly, this is an even better broadcast schedule with the Rogers broadcast deal, but it's going to suck not having the TSN guys doing national games.

Here's a good breakdown from this blog:

Canadiens:

National TV (English):
  • 22 Saturday games on Hockey Night in Canada (first four are on City)
  • 4 Sunday games on City
  • 2 Sunday games on Sportsnet E/O/W/P
  • 1 Monday game on Sportsnet One
  • 6 Wednesday games on Sportsnet E/O/W/P
  • 4 Thursday games on Sportsnet 360
  • 1 Friday game on Sportsnet E/O/W/P
National TV (French):
  • 1 Wednesday night game on TVA Sports (season opener)
  • 21 Saturday night games on TVA Sports
National U.S. TV:
  • 11 games on NHL Network
  • 2 games on NBC Sports Network
Regional TV (English):
  • 39 games on Sportsnet East
  • 3 games on City Montreal
Regional TV (French): 60 games on RDS
  • Radio (English): All 82 games on TSN Radio 690
  • Radio (French): All 82 games on CHMP 98.5

Senators:

National TV (English):
  • 18 Saturday games on Hockey Night in Canada
  • 5 Wednesday games on Sportsnet E/O/W/P
  • 6 Sunday games on City
National TV (French):
  • 4 Saturday games on TVA Sports
  • 8 Saturday games on TVA Sports 2
  • 6 Sunday games on TVA Sports
  • 4 Wednesday games on TVA Sports
National U.S. TV:
  • 4 games on NHL Network
Regional TV (English): 52 games on TSN5
Regional TV (French):
  • 30 games on RDS
  • 21 games on RDS2
  • 3 games on RDS Info
Radio (English): All 82 games on TSN Radio 1200
Radio (French): All 82 games on 94.5 Unique FM

Maple Leafs:

National TV (English):
  • 24 Saturday night games on Hockey Night in Canada
  • 12 Wednesday night games on Sportsnet
  • 4 Sunday games on City
National TV (French):
  • 25 games on TVA Sports
  • 2 games on TVA Sports 2
National U.S. TV:
  • 12 games on NHL Network
  • 2 games on NBC Sports Network
Regional TV (English):
  • 16 games on Sportsnet Ontario
  • 26 games on TSN4
Regional TV (French): No broadcast deal announced
Radio (English):
  • 41 games on Sportsnet 590 The Fan
  • 41 games on TSN Radio 1050
Radio (French): No broadcast deal announced

Jets:

National TV (English):
  • 14 Saturday games on Hockey Night in Canada
  • 4 Wednesday games on Sportsnet E/O/W/P and/or Sportsnet One
  • 1 Tuesday game on Sportsnet E/O/W/P
  • 3 Sunday games on City
National TV (French):
  • 4 games on TVA Sports (2 Sunday, 1 Monday, 1 Wednesday)
  • 1 Friday game on TVA Sports 2
National U.S. TV:
  • 1 game on NHL Network
Regional TV (English): 60 games on TSN3
Radio (English): All 82 games on TSN Radio 1290

Flames:

National TV (English):
  • 15 Saturday games on Hockey Night in Canada (2 CBC, 1 Sportsnet 360, 12 TBA)
  • 5 Wednesday games and one Monday game on Sportsnet E/O/W/P
  • 4 Sunday games on City
  • 1 Tuesday and 1 Thursday game on Sportsnet 360 (+1 preseason game)
  • 6 games on Sportsnet One (+1 preseason game)
National TV (French):
  • 4 games on TVA Sports (1 Tuesday, 1 Friday, 1 Saturday, 1 Sunday)
  • 7 games on TVA Sports 2 (1 Wednesday, 1 Thursday, 1 Friday, 4 Saturdays)
National U.S. TV:
  • 2 games on NHL Network
Regional TV (English):
  • 41 games on Sportsnet West
  • 9 games on Sportsnet Flames
Radio (English): All 82 games on Sportsnet 960 The Fan

Oilers:

National TV (English):
  • 12 Saturday games on Hockey Night in Canada
  • 9 Wednesday games on Sportsnet E/O/W/P and/or Sportsnet One
  • 6 games on Sportsnet 360
  • 1 Sunday game on City
  • 4 games on Sportsnet One
National TV (French):
  • 5 games on TVA Sports (1 Monday, 1 Tuesday, 3 Saturdays)
  • 3 games on TVA Sports 2 (1 Thursday, 2 Saturdays)
National U.S. TV:
  • 1 game on NHL Network
Regional TV (English):
  • 40 games on Sportsnet West
  • 10 games on Sportsnet Oilers
Radio (English): All 82 games on 630 CHED

Canucks:

National TV (English):
  • 15 Saturday games on Hockey Night in Canada
  • 4 Wednesday games on Sportsnet E/O/W/P
  • 6 Sunday games on City
  • 1 Tuesday game on Sportsnet E/O/W/P
National TV (French):
  • 6 games on TVA Sports (1 Tuesday, 1 Thursday, 1 Saturday, 3 Sundays)
  • 7 games on TVA Sports 2 (1 Wednesday, 1 Friday, 4 Saturdays)
National U.S. TV:
  • 6 games on NHL Network
Regional TV (English):
  • 56 games on Sportsnet Pacific or Sportsnet Vancouver Hockey
Radio (English): All 82 games on TSN 1040

zroid

Banned
yeah Leafs TV is done. i guess they will keep showing those 1 hour recaps though, which are nice if you miss the game.

Quick

Banned
yeah Leafs TV is done. i guess they will keep showing those 1 hour recaps though, which are nice if you miss the game.

And Marlies games, I guess.

They should piggyback Marlies games on some of those channels. I'm sure TSN could use some more hockey broadcasts.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Holy shit glad you're okay Soc.

I've been to a buddy's cottage like that before, his bigger boat broke down and he had to pick us up in a really small shitty one. I can't swim at all so was shitting bricks the entire 10 minute boat ride to his cottage.

I did once almost drown when someone pushed me into a lake, that feeling is one of the worst I've ever felt.

As for someone's question on if anyone would know if I died...I'd guess BigJonsson would probably know through Facebook, but that's about it really.

Quick

Banned
No leafs tv games?

Time to cancel, then

I had it for a couple of years back when they had around 24 games, and even then it was already tough keeping it because of the weak filler they air.

Leafs games in 6 minutes, Marlies games in 6 minutes, Leafs games in 1 hour, Marlies games in 1 hour, Classic games in 1 hour, etc.

And I barely tuned in in the summer.

Samyy

Now that I have a job locked up I can actually look forward to dumping millions of hours into Destiny without feeling guilty
Also replaying P4G :D gonna actually max the Marie social link this time....

Can you only be in one clan? If so I'll be with my friends, if you can have two I'll join the NHLGAF one too, of course on the superior Xbox One.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Can you only be in one clan? If so I'll be with my friends, if you can have two I'll join the NHLGAF one too, of course on the superior Xbox One.

You can be in multiple clans at once

The clan isn't divided by console, both XB1 peasants and PS4 master racers can join

It's weird seeing Iginla in an Avs jersey in video game form too.

http://i4.minus.com/i5q5oO2iu50Z1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I almost see more Quebec jersey's than Avs jersey's.

[quote="Smiley90, post: 128207372"]You can be in multiple clans at once

The clan isn't divided by console, both XB1 peasants and PS4 master racers can join[/QUOTE]

Cool, sent a request then. It's a shame both XB1 gods and PS4 losers have to share the same clan though.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Are those 6 national TV nucks games only on city? Cuz I don't have that. Also sucks to hear no national tsn games. Do they not a main network anymore or what?

Also unless they changed things you can only be in one destiny clan but you can be in multiple groups.

zroid

Banned
Are those 6 national TV nucks games only on city? Cuz I don't have that. Also sucks to hear no national tsn games. Do they not a main network anymore or what?

They just don't have the rights

Although... I think it's true that they don't have a main, basic cable network anymore. I'm pretty sure you get a different # TSN with your basic cable package depending on region. But I think for national broadcasts of other stuff like CFL they just show them on all the TSN channels.

Top Bottom