• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Curufinwe

Is "FLEECED" acceptable for this trade? Cause I think it is.

RTRIBY6-541x346.jpg

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Don't like that trade at all from the Bruins pov.

Hamilton is a great pickup for the Flames though.

zroid

Banned
Boston is terrible

at least Dougie is out of the Atlantic

congrats Flamez. Treliving obviously knows what he's doing... although I'm sure 28 other GMs would have made that trade as well.

MikeRahl

Wasn't the general consensus that the Bruins weren't going to be able to (or didn't want to match) any offer sheet that came in for Hamilton?

1st + 2 2nds is better than the compensation for a 5.5 mil to 7.3 mil offer sheet, so they actually made out better with this trade than if he signs an offer sheet in that range.

And they get the picks this year, in a strong draft, as opposed to next year in what is supposed to be a weaker draft.

Or am I missing something here...?

dem

The Rangers are turning down a 1st rounder for CAM TALBOT

and the Bruins are accepting it for DOUGIE HAMILTON

What is going on? My head is going to explode. I need to leave work.

Surreal.

I remember thinking how painful it would be to have Seguin and Hamilton running tings on the Bruins for the next 10 years.

And now they're gone.

ZeroGravity

Wasn't the general consensus that the Bruins weren't going to be able to (or didn't want to match) any offer sheet that came in for Hamilton?

1st + 2 2nds is better than the compensation for a 5.5 mil to 7.3 mil offer sheet, so they actually made out better with this trade than if he signs an offer sheet in that range.

And they get the picks this year, in a strong draft, as opposed to next year in what is supposed to be a weaker draft.

No, you're about right. It's a little better than losing him to an offer sheet. But it's still worse than what Hamilton is worth overall.

dem

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle · 24s25 seconds ago
Bruins were also offered much higher first rounders than 15th overall, which adds to strangeness of the trade.

zroid

Banned

If they couldn't figure out a way to keep Dougie instead of getting rid of their cap problem contracts they already fucked up massively. this is a fleecing no matter how you slice it.

Socreges

Banned
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle · 24s25 seconds ago
Bruins were also offered much higher first rounders than 15th overall, which adds to strangeness of the trade.
Higher price if you're in the same conference. Possibly why. Or the other teams didn't bundle two 2nds?

But wow. Great pick up for the Flames. Unlikely that these picks will come back to haunt them.

Top Bottom