• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Pikma

Banned
Dat Sharpie's goal

IMG_20150927_085950.jpg

Merguson

Banned
Can we release Mark Fraser now?

please?

your wish was not granted

The following two players have been released from their professional try-out contracts: Curtis Glencross and Devin Setoguchi. The Maple Leafs have also reassigned 2015 first round draft pick Mitch Marner to the London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League and goaltender Rob Madore to the Toronto Marlies of the American Hockey League.

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=780761

Quick

Banned

No surprises here. Neither Setoguchu or Glencross made any noise at camp, and the team's already pretty crowded anyway. Marner wasn't ever going to crack the lineup, anyway.

On the bright side, Nylander's still at Leafs camp, and we're a little over a week away from opening night.

Speaking of Marner, his Wikipedia page is very interesting:

Growing up, Marner was a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs, the very team that would draft him. He was also a fan of the Pittsburgh Penguins and Chicago Blackhawks due to the presence of his two favourite players, Sidney Crosby and Patrick Kane.[7] Alongside hockey, Marner has listed his favourite movie as Step Brothers, his favourite video games as the Grand Theft Auto and Call of Duty series', as well as his favourite television show as The Big Bang Theory.[7]

Before every game, Marner eats a pack of Skittles.[8]

Bandwagons the Pens and Blackhawks, loves The Big Bang Theory? Trade this piece of shit now pls.

Pikma

Banned
No surprises here. Neither Setoguchu or Glencross made any noise at camp, and the team's already pretty crowded anyway. Marner wasn't ever going to crack the lineup, anyway.

On the bright side, Nylander's still at Leafs camp, and we're a little over a week away from opening night.

Speaking of Marner, his Wikipedia page is very interesting:

Bandwagons the Pens and Blackhawks, loves The Big Bang Theory? Trade this piece of shit now pls.
I remember seeing random facts like these somewhere (NHL site?) and every damn player was like this, so damn boring and generic as fuck.

Yawnier

Banned
Setoguchi was completely invisible in those few games. Unless he goes to play in the dutch league or italian league or something, dude is finished.

Glencross was a bit more noticeable than Seto but also didn't do much.

Also Marner definitely needs another year of seasoning, too bad he can't play in the AHL as he is almost too good for the OHL this year. Hunter and Shanahan said at the draft that he needs to get stronger, and they are both right. He looked like a 13 year old out there in terms of his size, a bit intimidated though he showed some flashes when he had the puck. You can see that the skill is already there.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
For those that inexplicably don't have it yet, Bioshock Infinite is 1 dollar on gmg at the moment if you jump through some hoops with voting for... something.

For those that inexplicably don't have it yet, Bioshock Infinite is 1 dollar on gmg at the moment if you jump through some hoops with voting for... something.

How exactly do you do it? The page in that OP just has you creating an account, I see nowhere to login. I'm really close to just saying it's not worth the stupid hoops they have.

Smiley90

How exactly do you do it? The page in that OP just has you creating an account, I see nowhere to login. I'm really close to just saying it's not worth the stupid hoops they have.

from the email:

Here’s exactly what you need to do:
Vote in the 33rd Golden Joystick Awards. Click here to do that right now!

Enter your details in the “Claim Your Game” box on our special Golden Joysticks page. Make sure you use the same email address you used to vote.

Link your Steam account on Playfire (if you haven’t already) to receive your exclusive voucher code for BioShock Infinite for £1/$1/1€. Click here for a tutorial video on how to link your Steam account if you’re unsure.

Head over to the BioShock Infinite page on Green Man Gaming and redeem your voucher at the checkout.

Play BioShock Infinite and earn £1 GMG credit back through Playfire Rewards!
Thanks again, and enjoy your game!

Smiley90

CAREFUL THO: The voting page contains game spoilers (specifically, the "best gaming moment" section, inherently)

Let's do a GOTY contest in the middle of the year when the big games from Q4 haven't dropped yet.

I think the Witcher 3, MGSV and MCC are the only games on that list I have played.

Smiley90

Life is Strange or Witcher 3 for me so far. Halo 5 and Fallout will likely be contenders too.

same, I voted mostly for Life is Strange, Witcher 3 and then some dragon age :lol

So since I already have Bioshock Infinite, I've got a voucher for a dollar to give away. I don't think those are linked to any accounts soooo PM me if you don't have the game yet and want it for a dollar.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
same, I voted mostly for Life is Strange, Witcher 3 and then some dragon age :lol

So since I already have Bioshock Infinite, I've got a voucher for a dollar to give away. I don't think those are linked to any accounts soooo PM me if you don't have the game yet and want it for a dollar.

Dragon Age was great too. One of these days I need to play the DLC. I still haven't finished the Witcher, lol. For those who have, do you before you go on the last quest and can you continue to explore after completing the game?

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Haha speaking of Life is Strange, I just finished episode 3 last night. WTF HAPPENED ? Episode 4 is going to be balling at this point.

Smiley90

Dragon Age was great too. One of these days I need to play the DLC. I still haven't finished the Witcher, lol. For those who have, do you before you go on the last quest and can you continue to explore after completing the game?

you can continue after you're done, yes. Some quests will obviously be gone though.

Haha speaking of Life is Strange, I just finished episode 3 last night. WTF HAPPENED ? Episode 4 is going to be balling at this point.

yesssssssssss

imBask

Banned
I don't know why but that Bioware way of handling UI, storytelling and conversation turns me off... I gave up on inquisition about 5h in, the gameplay was ok but everything else felt meh. It's like Witcher 3 but less good

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
My theory on the ending of Episode 3 for Life is Strange:
It's ultimately going to be inconsequential and probably reversed in some extend in Episode 4 or 5. Otherwise, all the choices you made earlier are meaningless. I've tried to be a jerk to Warren the whole time and I want to see result of my action ! Oh, and Chloe too. I try to be jerks to them both.
#TeamKate4ever !

Don't know what's going to happen to Episode 4 though. Can't wait to play it !

Pikma

Banned
that Nintendo line up is sad as hell

I also voted mostly for Witcher 3... and Axiom Verge for Indie game AINEC
Well, yeah, because they're not including just released games like Super Mario Maker and Happy Home Designer, nor soon to be released games like Fatal Frame V and Tri Force Heroes.

Pretty damn weird if you ask me, since the Uncharted Collection is there.

Also, the description for Splatoon was definitely written by a guy who has never played the game.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Happy Real Birthday Marvie!

Wait till you see the end of episode 4!

Kate is dead in my game. :(
<- not a spoiler for episode 4

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Following were sent to St John's today:

Michael McCarron
Jeremy Grégoire
Darren Dietz
Joel Hanley
Daniel Carr
Bud Holloway
Christian Thomas
Gabriel Dumont
Morgan Ellis

McCarron had a good camp, but the team is crowded and AHL time will do him good. Thomas will be going through waivers, but I'll be surprised if he's claimed. His development has absolutely flat lined.

I assume you're a Wilds fan? How do you think Scandella will do? Any indication of more or less time on PP/TOI this coming season?

Yeah I'm a Wild fan. We've got like three on here. I'm probably the most active, although Vman shows up often enough.

As for Scandella, Coach Yeo already said that he wants to decrease Suter's minutes this year, and so far the lineup looks like Suter + Spurgeon, Dumba + Brodin, and Scandella + Folin or Prosser or Reilly. While that makes it look like Scandella would be third pairing, most take it as rolling three defensive pairings with roughly the same equal strength playing time.

Scandella might be on the second powerplay. Top unit right now has Koivu and Suter and the second has Spurgeon + Dumba, but it would not surprise me to eventually see Dumba and Spurgeon on the top unit and Scandella on the second unit. Then again, Yeo has made a grand total of zero adjustments to the powerplay units all of last year + this preseason, so who knows?

I made a guess at Scandy's points to a buddy the other day and guessed he ends up with a 10 goals + 12 assists stat line. I think that is certainly attainable for him.

Pikma

Banned
You're spending 41 dollars on the wrong thing. If you're going to spend 41 bucks on amiibo buy the figurines.
Not interested in any of the available ones right now and the ones I do want are overpriced as fuck.

Also, we lost to the Panthers again, yaaaay

Top Bottom