• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Cake Boss

Banned
I never said you wouldn't have made the playoffs.

with Anderson in net? unless you play 82 games against us...

1400084863723.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
By the way, Stoll's contract is 1 year, $800k.

We had a random cokehead signing last offseason, too (Ryan Malone), so this just seems to be company policy now. Nobody is gonna outcoke us!

Pikma

Banned
I installed one and while I could probably play it, I was constantly chugging along at somewhere between 10-15 fps. I was rarely above that, maybe once above 20 if I'm remembering right.

Yet somehow Fallout 3 works okay. It chugs every once in a while, but for the most part is okay.
They were always horribly optimized though, so that probably explains it.

Cake Boss

Banned
i'm saying you won't make the playoffs THIS YEAR with Anderson in net, I didn't talk about last year

then again i'm looking at last years standing and everyone below you except the Pens got either worst or didn't get any better DAMNIT

Take away paul maclean and we wouldnt need to go on a crazy run to make the playoffs.

regarding last year season.

followed by

with Anderson in net? unless you play 82 games against us...

1400084863723.jpg

Next year yeah I have tempered expectations. we will fight for the last playoff spot.

imBask

Banned
Next year yeah I have tempered expectations. we will fight for the last playoff spot.

you won't have much competition, look at that garbage bottom 8 in the east, they're all terrible

• Boston
  • Florida
  • Columbus
  • Philadelphia
  • New Jersey
  • Carolina
  • Toronto
  • Buffalo

yheAcEY.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
you won't have much competition, look at that garbage bottom 8 in the east, they're all terrible

• Boston
  • Florida
    [*] Columbus
  • Philadelphia
  • New Jersey
  • Carolina
  • Toronto
  • Buffalo

yheAcEY.gif
The Columbus Blue Jackets that finished last season on a 12-0-1 run and added Brandon Saad in the offseason? That Columbus?

imBask

Banned
The Columbus Blue Jackets that finished last season on a 12-0-1 run and added Brandon Saad in the offseason? That Columbus?

they're more than 1 Saad away from the playoffs, but they'll probably fight for it this year

the 7 other teams are beyond savior

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
they're more than 1 Saad away from the playoffs, but they'll probably fight for it this year

the 7 other teams are beyond savior

They probably should have made it this past season. They were just ravaged by injuries and bad luck right from preseason all the way until about March. If they play to their potential, stay healthy, and get a good year out of Bob, they could compete with the Rangers, Caps, and Isles for the Metro division title outright.

Panthers were a bubble team last year and very close to a spot despite losing the 2C and losing both goalies down the stretch.
Should be very much in the hunt, if not sniffing around the #3 spot.

imBask

Banned
How about their health?

http://www.mangameslost.com/end-of-...-games-lost-and-tmitt-metrics-april-16-2015/#

most games lost to injury than any other team in the league.

And who was the healthiest? oh look.

you're salty that our team was healthy? it's not my fault if Pacioretty is literally Wolverine

Panthers were a bubble team last year and very close to a spot despite losing the 2C and losing both goalies down the stretch.
Should be very much in the hunt, if not sniffing around the #3 spot.

i'd put money against it

Foggy

End-of-Season-NHL-Man-Games-Lost-Quality-April-12-2015-600x300.png

Fancy graph for fancy people. Most man games lost(slightly more than Avs), but in addition, the injuries had a much larger impact due to the quality of the players lost.

I think it'd be a serious disappointment if a healthy Blue Jackets squad doesn't make the playoffs this year. I don't trust this blue line to do damage in the playoffs, but who knows. It depends on if Murray stays healthy and improves, someone reminds Jack Johnson he had an Olympic snub, and if Savard and Goldbeef get substantially better. They're not a juggernaut or anything, but they definitely don't deserve the Triple H snub.

Solo

Habs are definitely going to take a step back this year. They are still a guaranteed playoff team, but they are not winning 50 games this year and almost winning the President's trophy. Price cant have another season like that in a row and the team in front of him is basically the same low scoring team of last year, plus Semin.

Habs will be like the 4th-6th seed in the East.

imBask

Banned
Habs are definitely going to take a step back this year. They are still a guaranteed playoff team, but they are not winning 50 games this year and almost winning the President's trophy. Price cant have another season like that in a row and the team in front of him is basically the same low scoring team of last year, plus Semin.

I honestly believe we can we another 50 games. We have what it takes and i'm willing to blame every drought we had last season on Therrien

Delryk

The way I see it

Price playing like last year = Similar position
Price playing average = 4th-6th seed
Price playing bad/injured = Fighting for playoffs

"average" for him is "above par" compared to pretty much any other goalie.. basically what i'm saying it. Price will once again hold Habs' future :)

better than my team any way. a miracle wouldn't be enough to make the playoffs.

Pikma

Banned
We should fix this hostility with a fucking Royal Rumble match, winner earns a shot at the NHLGAFCW Ultimate Heel Title, currently held by Tabris Cena.

Top Bottom