• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Quick

Banned
We should fix this hostility with a fucking Royal Rumble match, winner earns a shot at the NHLGAFCW Ultimate Heel Title, currently held by Tabris Cena.

Dastardly's gonna hate NHL-GAF for getting into wrestling after he so viciously fought against it.

We'll need some ring names, too.

imBask

Banned
i'm barely ever here but whenever I post I bring the hate left and right, I vote for myself as the heel champ

y'all suck BREAK IT DOWN

Cake Boss and Red_Man should just make up already. Getting Salty in here and it's rubbing off on everyone, except me

Also:

Please be Mighty Ducks

S2iOlIk.gif

I hope so too.

and update: TV sold out so the bundle wasn't available in the area. No XBOX One. I'll probably pick one up around Christmas when they're $200 or something.

Kings will be like 12th in the West this year. It will be embarrassing. Back to mediocrity we go.

They won't be 12th or mediocre. They'll make a run at the playoffs. (was going to say top 6, but the West is so tough)

LTTP but get fucked kings, hope you get a penalty for cap circumvention. Don't think the PA would be filing a grievance if they didn't think they had a chance

Quick

Banned
S2iOlIk.gif

I hope so too.

That needs to happen IRL.

Ducks are down 3-0 against the Kings and made a mockery of the game and the buzzer sounds.

They're all in the locker room.

Bruce gives his speech.

Bruce: "Did y'all enjoy that?"

The whole room: "YEAAAAAAHHHHH"

Bruce: "Okay, and so did they. Because they're still three points up and we're one period away from losing it."

Everyone sits down silently.

Ryan Kesler: "Well if we can't beat 'em, we might as well keep our pride."

The entire room agrees.

"Ryan, that's not pride. Sure, when Corey took Brown's potato we cheered. But guys, I've been there. I know how you feel. I wanted to put some cream that potato and eat it when that jerk counted to potato. I really REALLY wanted to eat that potato.

But you know what? My hunger will pass. If I become a potato eater, if I sink to their level, then I've lost more than just potatoes. You understand?"

The room was really confused, but nodded.

"We're not goons, we're not bullies, no matter what people say or do, we have to be ourselves.

You. Who are you?"

"Cam. Cam Fowler."

"From where?"

"Farmington Hills, Michigan."

"You."

"John Gibson, from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania."

"You."

"Ryan Kesler, from Livonia, Michigan."

"Who're you?"

"Jakob Silfverberg, from Galve, Sweden."

"Andrew Cogliano, from Toronto, Ontario."

"Sami Vatanen, from Jyväskylä, Finland."

"Hampus Lindholm, from Helsingborg, Sweden."

"Kevin Bieksa, from Grimsby, Ontario."

"Korbinian Holzer, from Munich, Germany."

"Jiri Sekac, from Kladno, Czechoslovakia."

"Corey Perry, from Peterborough, Ontario."

"Ryan Getzlaf, from Regina, Saskatchewan."

"And I'm Bruce Boudreau, from Toronto, Ontario."

The whole room cheered.

"We're the Anaheim Ducks. Gathered from all over the world. And we're gonna stick together. You know why?"

Teemu Selanne enters the room and says, "Because we are Ducks. And Ducks Fly Together."

Bruce: "That's right, Teemu.

And just when you thought they're about to count to potato, Ducks Fly Together."

"And when the wind blows hard and the sky is potato, Ducks Fly Together."

"And when the potatos potato, and the potato is potato, Ducks Fly Together."

Bruce finishes it off: "And when everyone said it can't be done, Ducks Fly Together."

Teemu: "Now, old Ducks, and new Ducks...you must unite under a new banner. And I thought perhaps, something like this..."

S2iOlIk.gif

RC

Banned
Did I miss out on everyone getting cool wrestling nicknames?

I'm outside Boston on a business trip. And aside from a ridiculous amount of American flags everywhere. It's not as stereotypical as I though.

Heretic

Ducks are down 3-0 against the Kings and made a mockery of the game and the buzzer sounds.

Bruce gives his speech.

Bruce: "Okay, and so did they. Because they're still three points up and we're one period away from losing it."

The entire room agrees.

"Ryan, that's not pride. Sure, when Corey took Brown's potato we cheered. But guys, I've been there. I know how you feel. I wanted to put some cream that potato and eat it when that jerk counted to potato. I really REALLY wanted to eat that potato.

But you know what? My hunger will pass. If I become a potato eater, if I sink to their level, then I've lost more than just potatoes. You understand?"

"We're not goons, we're not bullies, no matter what people say or do, we have to be ourselves.

You. Who are you?"

"Cam. Cam Fowler."

"From where?"

"You."

"You."

"Who're you?"

The whole room cheered.

"We're the Anaheim Ducks. Gathered from all over the world. And we're gonna stick together. You know why?"

Teemu Selanne enters the room and says, "Because we are Ducks. And Ducks Fly Together."

And just when you thought they're about to count to potato, Ducks Fly Together."

Bruce finishes it off: "And when everyone said it can't be done, Ducks Fly Together."

Teemu: "Now, old Ducks, and new Ducks...you must unite under a new banner. And I thought perhaps, something like this..."

S2iOlIk.gif

Beautiful.

Are they cropped?

Also, what music do they have?

Yeah they're cropped. It's rarely an issue but you can definitely tell when they do closeups on certain characters and it cuts off part of their head or something. Nothing too terrible, but enough to know that something is wrong.

I'm not sure music wise. I never really paid attention to it tbh.

I know the opening/closing is the Japanese stuff, and once an episode there is a strange little intermission thing that is super Japanese-like. I don't remember it being in the original broadcast at all. Or at least, not the American one that I grew up with.

Calamari41

41 > 38

Bruce gives his speech.

The entire room agrees.

You. Who are you?"

"Cam. Cam Fowler."

"From where?"

"You."

"You."

"Who're you?"

The whole room cheered.

S2iOlIk.gif

Quick for MVP.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah they're cropped. It's rarely an issue but you can definitely tell when they do closeups on certain characters and it cuts off part of their head or something. Nothing too terrible, but enough to know that something is wrong.

I'm not sure music wise. I never really paid attention to it tbh.

I know the opening/closing is the Japanese stuff, and once an episode there is a strange little intermission thing that is super Japanese-like. I don't remember it being in the original broadcast at all. Or at least, not the American one that I grew up with.

Probably the same score Funimation uses on their streaming service then. I'm really bummed it seems like a such a chore to find a good version of the show with the American music.

Sanjuro

Speaking of Teemu...the day Jagr plays his last game, whatever venue it is should hand out Sega NHL '94 cartridges to all fans in attendance.

Top Bottom